StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: It's 2019 so Let's Play Dead Ass Mafia!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    #Smile - RHG Duel - Xate
    Oh? You’re approaching me? You want to RHG Duel me?

#Xate - Established - Smile
    Last edited by Xate; 09-30-2019 at 09:33 PM.
    Just an average person

Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

Sorry Xate, I saw that. I'm afraid I'll have to carry out the command you tried to hide. You know its against the rules to do takebacks.

#Smile - RHG Duel - Xate
    Smile uses his Animator ability on Xate, to challenge him to an RHG Duel.

But Xate flashes his Ex-Mod badge to deny the offer. His days as an animator are past him!

***In case anyone's not understanding the situation. Basically, Xate originally used Ex-mod to block Smile before realizing it does him no good (or possibly even worse) than if he just didn't use his ability, editing his post in the process. But I caught on and saw the context of his post. Sorry, Xate. Live and learn.

=======================
    Vote Status:
    Smile - Arch
    ErrorBlender - Xate, Exile

Pool of Roles
    Discarded:
    1x Troll
    1x Hewitt
    1x Sectional Mod
    1x Regular User

Unused Number: 4

Revealed Roles:
    Smile - Animator
    Arch - Regular User (Ability Used)
    Exile - Regular User (Ability Used)
    Xyskal - Regular User (DEAD)
    poppetje3D - Ex-Mod (DEAD)
    ErrorBlender - Sectional Mod
    Xate - Ex-Mod

Rules:
    1) You have 2 IRL Weeks to decide who to lynch.
    Countdown Here: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...5&font=cursive

2) Day will end if the votes are unanimously made earlier than 2 weeks.

3) It is possible to end the Day in a NO LYNCH. No one will die. In the case of a tie, it is treated as a No Lynch as well.

4) When activating a Day Ability, follow the format:

#YourUsername - YourRoleAbility - Target

Remember to post the command IN BOLD. This is so I can see it easier. I will check the thread periodically every 12-24 hours to trigger abilities. Speed of the abilities triggers in the order that they are declared. Also note that you may NOT takeback a Day Ability. Once declared, it will trigger no matter what. So time your abilities wisely.

***For clarification, all abilities with Day use can be used once a Day except the Regular User, which can only be used once EVER.
    Last edited by Hewitt; 10-01-2019 at 01:53 AM.

Brain: so, Smile wanted to know our role.

Me: let's flex on him.

Hands: okie.

Brain: sure? I mean, only Smile would know, and he may not reveal you being Ex-mod to potentially waste a night kill. You DID use that argument to prove your innocence.

Me: oh. Whoops. I am an autist.

Personal lesson for everyone: memory is also tied to intelligence. And I am not smart.
    Last edited by Xate; 09-30-2019 at 09:45 PM.
    Just an average person

Yeah I'm pretty much 50/50 against Xate or Error at this point. Considering it's 5-1 the town's odds are looking pretty damn good as long as we don't kill ourselves.

I do agree, even if I'm on the plate.

Since I believe in Zero's and Exile's innocence AND their intellect, they should be able to handle the game just fine. And assuming Error isn't Mafia somehow, after I die on the following, we'd lose only 2 people at most. Then with Arch-Smile on the table on day 5, it shouldn't be too hard to deal with this.

I can also pass on my role via the Global Moderator role to ensure either Exile or Zero survives, thereby ensuring the town's victory.

And I apologize to the town for having an IQ of a walnut.
    Just an average person

Quote Originally Posted by Xate View Post
    I do agree, even if I'm on the plate.

Since I believe in Zero's and Exile's innocence AND their intellect, they should be able to handle the game just fine. And assuming Error isn't Mafia somehow, after I die on the following, we'd lose only 2 people at most. Then with Arch-Smile on the table on day 5, it shouldn't be too hard to deal with this.

I can also pass on my role via the Global Moderator role to ensure either Exile or Zero survives, thereby ensuring the town's victory.

And I apologize to the town for having an IQ of a walnut.
    Damn, I admire your confidence.

The only person I'm 100% sure isn't mafia is myself lmfao

`~ "What is broken can be reforged" ~`

You know what they say, I am either super delusional or super instinctual.

I'm leaning toward the former myself, with my walnut IQ. Then again, my outrageousness could knock some people off balance, lol. Including me.

I have no idea what I'm doing and I am ROLLING with it.

Edit: I am a real life Hewitt, ya'll. Attracting attention away from the real bad guy. Whom I have no idea about.

I have one question, guys. If the entire meta role game is distracting us from finding out a person's allegiance, then what use is it, aside from getting ahold of the rare ex-mod role? Which I have?

You know, scratch Exile out. I'm still worried about him scamming Arch. Or Arch scamming Exile.
    Last edited by Xate; 09-30-2019 at 11:21 PM.
    Just an average person

Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    I will concede that it is suspicious of my lack of participation and the contradiction of my own post in Poppet's lynch. While this paints me in a light that is unfortunate for me, I will stay my side with the town. I have no defense since all I can say is what Ive already said before: the votes were piling up, no one was going to backtrack those votes it seemed, so I didn't vote anymore.

Its a bullshit excuse, I know.
    Yeah, sorry, if you can't explain your own contradiction and your lack of participation, you're going to still be my #1 lynch pick alongside Xate.

I went to Zero as my target for my night role because of two reasons:
    ● He is a regular user. I could have chosen others but Regulars have a one use ability that are unprotected and vulnerable afterwards.
    ● Priority. He delivers well needed information to the team regardless of the time he stays on the game.
    Understandable.

About your new role, Zero, I would go and say that it's better you don't announce it. It's a 50/50 chance of getting the Mafia to waste their night kill on you. Making you a possible waste of a night action for them. It's why I didn't reveal mine.
    Great but unfortunately, with Xate's Ex-Mod role out in the open (Either because it was on purpose or it was due to him not knowing that using his action would publicly be telling everyone he was one), that's going to be gone -- My chances of dying on N2 just increased.

In regards to Xyskal's death, I am not sure either. It could be a random decision to kill. I'll see and reread the posts too if there are things you missed.
    Hmm, I'll go over it one more time as well. I find it hard to believe that with our player roster being how it is, the mafia would just randomly kill Xyskal of all people instead of those actively participating. Perhaps there's a motive we're not seeing at the surface level?

Because at the time I thought Exile and Arch were working together. There have been multiple games where "unhelpfulness" was voted for over "suspiciousness" and the town ending up mislynching a fellow townie, so I wanted to pursue my suspicion first. It's obvious now that I was way off.
    Alright, that sounds reasonable -- Even I welcomed the idea of it because of how Arch said he's only PM'd 2-3 people in the roster (1 being me and the other most likely Exile) but with Poppet being the mafia, I didn't push this further because of how unlikely it would be. If Poppet was a townie, then that would be a different story.

My thoughts on the Xyskal kill:
    I also don't understand the Xyskal kill because the only thing special about him is that he's the only regular user that didn't use his power. I don't think it was a very competent kill for him because right now he has to kill four people and the Troll role was his only help with regards to killing as many town as possible. With no more Report abilities and no more Sectional Mod, it seems to me like IF neither Zero nor Xate are lying about being mods, then the roles in the pool are now constant.
    Perhaps it was to throw us off or there just wasn't a better target without giving a lot of information? Normally, targets would be player's who have contributed significantly as these are major threats to the Mafia (e.g: Exile) and with his partner Poppet being in the spotlight, he probably didn't want to risk it?

What do you mean by the roles are constant?

Xyskal was the only unconfirmed role that isn't a mod, maybe he thought Xyskal was lying? If he thought he could bring back the Troll role, then that would mean it's ErrorBlender killing the wildcard and using his power to attempt to get the remaining Troll role OR get the Regular User who can get back the Troll role for him, who can kill one of the animators or the regular users.
    What good would killing a liar who contributed very little to nothing to town do for a Mafia?

Or it could be that the mafia actually didn't want the Troll role back in the pool as he didn't want to accidentally get killed during the night, so he got rid of the guy who can bring that role back. That means he's either an Animator or a Regular user. Obviously I'm an animator so I might be shooting myself in the foot here, but if you look at it that way then it narrows it down to either me, Exile, or Arch.
    That's a good point but bringing back the troll role would also mean having the chances of killing a townie in the process -- We did have a troll role before I shifted Exile out of it in D1 because he was the least suspicious for me at the time and decided that him having the troll role would result to his highest death % if we were to use abilities for N1, which I concluded would be detrimental to town as we needed information.

This is all I got if I try to analyze the Xyskal kill. I'd like it if anyone else picked apart my analysis because I don't think either of those two scenarios make more sense than the mafia killing Xyskal simply to just throw off the town.
    I'd say the reasons is either throwing us off or there wasn't a better target for him due to his partner about to die at such an early time.

I’m sad that my “obvious” observations mean that I’m not contributing hard enough.
    As for me being dramatic and 100% sure of who’s town and mafia, it’s probably a case of overconfidence, foolishness, pretend idiocy to bait out manipulation, or actual idiocy masquerading as mind game.
    Let’s call it being idiotic while calling themselves not idiotic. Like saying a lot with the nutritional contents of a Kit-Kat.
    I gave you specific examples of why I think you're being incompetent as a town and not contributing to the discussion as well as the time to explain yourself, yet you didn't even try to make a counter-argument for it other than "I'm just an idiot -- That's just how I am". If Poppet said the same thing and I'd just go "Oh yeah, deffo my dude, no worries", then we'd still have 2 mafia's in this game. So don't try to act like you're pretending to bait out the Mafia by being useless when you yourself admit that you're not contributing as much as you should be.

In fact, you're doing the complete opposite of what you're trying to achieve because the Mafia would have very little reason to kill you at night because you're more helpful to them than with town. If you still don't get it yet: All you're doing thus far is helping the mafia win by giving nothing to town.

At least try to hide it if you're trying to bait.

Forgive an idiot for having as useful a contribution as 1/4 of everyone else’s
    No.

#Vote Xate

Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I don't have a whole lot new to bring to the table here.
    What are you talking about?

I brought up a discussion point that could help us out in possibly finding clues to who the Mafia could be and you're acting like there's nothing new you could bring to the table:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    By the way, no one has pointed this out yet but what do you guys think why Xyskal was the target? Perhaps we could get some clues from there as well. Personally, I'm surprised he was the choice for Night 1 -- I backtracked the entire thread and couldn't find much of a lead on the reasons of his death. The closest I could get in terms of a connection was Arch putting the pressure on him but that isn't enough to warrant suspicion.
    I find it hard to believe you missed this point of mine with you being attentive to everything -- You even stated yourself that you were surprised of the choice to kill Xyskal, so don't you think it's at least worth looking over? I'm trying to exhaust all of the options possible here for town to win and what you said just doesn't sit right with me.

You're either being sloppy or purposely avoiding it and I find it hard to believe you'd be sloppy with regards to this when you haven't said anything for sometime.

Honestly, both Xate or Error are #1 lynch picks right now and I have solid reasons why they're my choice. They're interchangeable for me because Xate is doing jack for town and Error couldn't even explain himself on his own contradiction and lack of participation against Poppet. I appreciate you giving me a new role Error but that doesn't matter much to me. What matters is you giving me a convincing answer which you didn't do.

Also, since it's already out there, I'm a Global Moderator. How do I plan to use my sockpuppet ability? I don't know yet but if you guys have any ideas, then I'm all ears. What I do know though is that with Xate announcing his own role, my chances of dying for N2 has increased.

So, now is a better time to tell everyone that if ever I do die on N2, I would like to offer my ranking of players who are suspicious from highest to lowest:

(1) Error/Xate
    (2) Arch
    (3) Smile/Exile

> Depending on how Exile responds on why he glossed over one of the discussion points I introduced, he could very well be my #2 pick and be the Mafia.
    > Arch for his lack of giving me an answer on the "why" he PM's people instead of discussing over here. All he's done was avoid my question on why he's operating the way he does when it's definitely most beneficial for a Mafia to do this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    So now I’m guilty for not fluffing my posts with all of that nonsense emotional stuff? I was trying to bait Exile. I thought I told you specifically that while I was doing it via PM.

you sound like you reeeeaaalllyyy want me to be guilty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    I’ve reached out to two or three people, not the whole roster.

My short posts have contributed the same information as people’s longer posts. Also, it’s probably in everyone’s best interest to role claim single this game is lasting until night three at best.
    All I've gotten is the "who", the "what" (Our conversation) but not the how.

Yeah, I'm not dropping this because I don't know about you guys but this is a pretty valid point and if Arch survives to D3, then this should be raising alarms for the town. This isn't the main point of why I'm calling him out but don't you guys find it suspicious that the only one who followed up with regards to this callout was Xyskal who was then killed off and brushed off by both Exile and Arch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyskal View Post
    Maybe we should ask the people Arch supposedly PM'd to confirm or deny that he has made contact with any them? It would at least make his posts being low value less problematic.
    Last edited by Zero; 10-01-2019 at 11:06 AM.

​_________________________________________________ _________
    ... ... ... ... ...

RHG

Yeah, sorry, if you can't explain your own contradiction and your lack of participation, you're going to still be my #1 lynch pick alongside Xate.
    Look, I know it's hard to believe. I just don't want a waste of a lynch on me. I didn't vote for Poppet because there were already a lot on him. If anyone had decided to unvote because of a revelation they had or new evidence they found, any of the four could have easily unvoted and it could have stopped a lynch and we could have proceeded with discussion.

Also, since it's already out there, I'm a Global Moderator. How do I plan to use my sockpuppet ability? I don't know yet but if you guys have any ideas, then I'm all ears. What I do know though is that with Xate announcing his own role, my chances of dying for N2 has increased.
    You could sockpuppet Xate. If he uses his ability to block it, I feel we all would know why.

Spoiler for :

How what? You really need me to explain to you why I would pm someone rather than wait hours for a response in a thread?

The fact that you would consider me messaging people to be more detrimental to the town than half of the other stuff brought up on this Day is laughable. Hell, you make a better argument against three people in your same post.

regardless. I’ve spoken my peace. I’m growing bored by the lack of involvement from everyone and the discussion and am ready to get this show on the road. Smile is my #1 goto but I’m fine with getting rid of Error or Xate since they’re my next in line anyways.

#unvote smile

#vote error

`~ "What is broken can be reforged" ~`

Thread Information