StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: It's 2019 so Let's Play Dead Ass Mafia!!!

I think if Cronos was a mod he'd be more engaged. I honestly don't think he's a mod. That said, looking at the game in a vacuum, if a player posts literally only once during a week-long game day, it'd be right to vote him out and have him be responsible if it turns out he's a bot. #vote Cronos

Seeing as how there's a big possibility that we only get 1 day in this game, I'd like to attempt to squeeze out more conversation if that's possible. It might help in the event of a day 2.

@Xyskal can I ask, why exactly was it again that you were fixated on Exile? I mean it might be a weird question to ask coming from me, however, it just seems like you latched on to what I said about voting based on your personal prejudice but never really did clarify as to how you think Exile is suspicious. From what I can see, you think just because he brought up percentages that means he's suspicious. I did the same and so did Error, but you stuck with voting Exile until you were intimidated out of your vote.

So yeah, what exactly was it that made you decide your first vote?

Roadmap.
    Spoiler for my favorite quote on this entire website.:

The maelstrom clears and Cronos, AKA Devour falls into the magma and EXPLODES

Exile now claims the right to rule this dead world. But will he be able to purge the infectious landscape that is Stickpage???

The Second Day

Night does not fall!

Vote to lynch the next victim!

Rules:
    1) Lynch 1 User amongst the 5 of you. The person with the most votes gets eliminated. Use the #Vote tag so I'll know.
    2) Time limit is one week from now.
    3) In the event of a tie, a random person is chosen amongst the tied.
    4) You cannot *not* vote.
    5) No Griefing. Play to your role. Play to win.
    6) PMs allowed. In fact, I expect ya'll have fun taking screenshots of your deceptions. But if you're all having a discussion, try to keep it in one place AKA this thread.
    7) Have fun!

To recap, here are the Win Conditions:
    - Exile has to kill Devour and The Bots to win.
    - Devour has to kill Exile and The Bots to win.
    - The Bots have to kill Devour and Exile to win.
    - If Exile and Devour survive The First Night and only one Bot remains, they both Draw and the Bot loses.

And here are the Role Rule Clarifications:
    - Exile and Devour have Nightkill privileges.
    - If Exile or Devour is killed at night, whoever they target will not die UNLESS it's each other.
    - Night will never fall until a Bot is lynched.

Okay so I guess I missed the part where the night round is skipped if we cap a mod during the day. Pretty big detail for me to miss, I can't say I expected a day 2 with four of us. That means my math from earlier is inaccurate, but to be fair no one really corrected me.

Anyway,

#vote Xyskal

I have absolutely zero reason to believe ErrorBlender is a mod and I think he feels the same about me. We're both very clearly playing to our win conditions.

Bob and Smile are the ones acting strangely. I'm still basically speechless about Smile's attempt to paint me as a conspiring mod when I was trying to sum up the game's overall odds instead of explaining my perspective and what I think I should do.

But Bob hasn't demonstrated an ability or willingness to try and figure anything out here. We've learned absolutely nothing with this kill and I think he's still convinced the vote is random. At least smile tried to justify his reasons for voting for me. I think Bob is the other mod and his first vote against me seems like what someone who's new to mafia would do when put into a power position like that. I'd imagine a new player would attempt put in a town-aligned role would try to figure something out. Instead he just said "hey Exile is doing basic math, how suspicious, vOtE ExILe".

I can't think of any compelling reasons to vote for anyone else. But I'm open to having my mind changed.
    Last edited by Exile; 09-09-2019 at 10:01 PM.

Honestly surprised and disappointed with Cronos on this one. Didn't expect him to be as uninterested as he was about the game considering he was a mod.

I will also admit I forgot that night doesn't come when we lynch a mod. Lol.

Xyskal voted Exile because "roadmap" like I'm supposed to know what that means. Did he do something to you that you didn't like outside the conext of the game? When I said voting based on your own prejudice, I meant basing your vote off of something he said that you think might make him a mod but not have much else to prove it other than this hunch. If "roadmap" is something so far irrelevant from the game, then it's kind of embarrassing that you agreed with me at one point.

What say you, Error?

So.. was I the only one aware that we really could've lucked our way into victory by chaining votes since mod deaths dont cause night to fall? Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    What say you, Error?
    I say that either Xyskal is bringing outside feels into the game or he really is kinda just pointing fingers for the sake of it. He really hasnt let up from Exile the entire time, his first post was literally nominating him for doing maths and despite the better choice of Cronos at the time, he stuck with his vote and I doubt he'd still rescind it now. It feels really off that Xyskal is really out to get Exile. Threatened maybe?

Spoiler for :

For context, Roadmap was a shitty channel in the discord that Jeff used for SP 2.0 updates, once he left it became a spam channel and I deleted it when it became inactive. Bob and Vern like to pretend the channel was amazing and act like I was crazy to remove it.

Yes it's as stupid as it sounds. Bob's focus on that instead of literally anything else paints a picture of someone who's not worried about who they kill. He's playing exactly the way I'd expect him to if the mod role was dumped on him.

@Xyskal I think you already realize that you're in a bad spot atm. While it's probably unlikely that you can come up with anything to convince any of us not to vote for you next, I'd still appreciate it if you tried. Play to your win condition. I'll hold off voting until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    @Xyskal I think you already realize that you're in a bad spot atm. While it's probably unlikely that you can come up with anything to convince any of us not to vote for you next, I'd still appreciate it if you tried. Play to your win condition. I'll hold off voting until then.
    Well you're pretty much right on all accounts here. On one hand, apparently I've been playing wrong this entire time and probably should be targeted for it, but just sitting down and letting myself be targeted will be continuing to play the game wrong. So I'm not exactly sure what to do here. I was targeting Exile before as a half serious joke, which again, probably isn't what I was supposed to do. But at this point I will say that I am most definitely a bot. Since Devour has already been killed, I don't think it's a good idea to lynch me just yet since it'll be playing directly into whoever has the mod role. But again, I do really have an inkling of who that is, so I have no one else to push suspicion onto yet, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    I say that either Xyskal is bringing outside feels into the game
    Yeah that was exactly what I was doing, albeit jokingly. I don't have any actual malice towards Exile (the person, not the guy with the role).

And to be fair, I still don't exactly know how to play to the bots win condition, sans just blindly following everyone else (which I recognize is a bad thing to do, I think?) I've been looking for guides and stuff like Exile mentioned, and I found something that might help, but implementing those things might be a bit late at this point. I'm not exactly sure what tells I should be looking for in other people, after all.
    Last edited by Xyskal; 09-11-2019 at 03:21 PM.
    Spoiler for my favorite quote on this entire website.:

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information