StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: It's 2019 so Let's Play Dead Ass Mafia!!!

I guess I was in a mood. I don't feel like I hurt the town all that much by doing it, I haven't put a lot of value on these roles from the beginning, it seems like they're distracting from our ability to figure out who's who and these role claims and abilities haven't done much to help us figure out who's who. Seems like I'm alone in that perspective. My efforts were spent early game trying to figure out what to do and it didn't lead to much.

I'm hoping the nightkills will give me more to work with assuming I make it to day 2. I don't expect to.

#vote poppet

getting a little tired of waiting and it doesn’t really feel like we’re going to have much more to go on on day one with activity sort of slowing down. I think this still brings us back to 5 votes, so unless someone else wants to stall it out and give poppet a chance to make a claim then by all means, be our guest. Was kinda lame to wait about two days to be told a post was coming and it still hasn’t.

Otherwise, here’s to hoping Exile makes it through night one.

`~ "What is broken can be reforged" ~`

#Vote Poppet, he's been acting suspiciously, yeah.

Though I gotta ask, why do you think you have such a target on your back, Exile?
    Spoiler for my favorite quote on this entire website.:

#vote Poppetje3D

I'm more pissed about his inactivity than I am suspicious of anyone else right now. It doesn't seem like anyone will switch votes anyway, so it seems pointless to try to do so.

Exile's always been a target in mafia games because he's smahrt, basically. He's the one that usually comes up with plans, he's quick to call bullshit, and he generates discussion making it hard to play against him as a mafia. Of course he's not always night 1 kill because sometimes the roles and the circumstances prioritize other people, but lots of times his death implies he's going hot on a mafia.

I think in this case though it's most likely me that'll die night 1. Best case scenario form e is Poppet is a Mafia Troll which makes my death less probable.

Gotta say I'm surprised the mafia chose to go with Xyskal for the first nightkill... very surprised. At least we got one of the mafia first try, the town's 3 for 3 with daykills between the last two games. Good shit.

Hopefully that puts to rest these theories that arch and I are working together. There's only 2 mafia in this setup, if I was one of them then defending Arch wouldn't make much sense. He'd make a great candidate to try and pin a daykill on based on his activity in the thread.

I suggest everyone goes back to page 10 and reads everyone's posts up to now with the knowledge that Xyskal is a townie and Poppet was mafia. After reading all of it I'm leaning most toward Smile being the other mafia. He went out of his way to use his ability against Poppet first, one of Poppet's few half-assed replies was against Smile, Smile made sure to point out that nobody defended Poppet and then proceeded to defend him and unvote him... there just seems to be a lot of focus between the two of them and it almost seems like an act. That said he did vote for him fairly early on but it seems like it was after he realized Poppet was a lost cause. I could be entirely wrong but I think it's a lead worth following, if you guys could read the last 10 pages and let me know what you think about this theory that seems like a good place to start this round.
    Last edited by Exile; 09-28-2019 at 11:42 AM.

Might’ve missed it but I’m showing ErrorBlender as the only person that did not vote for Poppet, who is confirmed mafia now. Him and Smile are top on my list for not voting and being last vote since Xyskal died last night and is confirmed town.

#vote Error

whats your reasoning.

edit: smile is my second. The first vote was to try to show his support of the town, second vote seemed to save face on a lost cause and not go into day 2 without voting him down.
    Last edited by Arch-Angel; 09-28-2019 at 11:47 AM.

`~ "What is broken can be reforged" ~`

Shit you're right, I went through it again and he literally didn't even mention Poppet once outside of mentioning he might be the bot. Meanwhile he commented on how at least 3 other players were suspicious. Literally the only one who never voted against Poppet AND zero mention of how fucking weird his behavior was, I can't think of a better reason to pressure someone.

When I first went through the thread I was looking for someone who might be pretending to be against Poppet while secretly working with him and Smile best fits that bill, but I wound up missing ErrorBlender entirely in the process.

#vote ErrorBlender, you've got some explaining to do.
    Last edited by Exile; 09-28-2019 at 12:00 PM.

I'm glad we took down a hacker, even though I guess it does paint a target on my back.

I unvoted for Poppet because I genuinely felt there was connivance between Arch and Exile. Even rereading the past few pages, I don't think you guys can blame me for thinking that and I think I explained it well when I posted. Some people even agreed, even Exile admitted that it wasn't a good look. That said, I understand I'm not under the best light at the moment so I'll answer anything anyone thinks is suspicious that I said with the information we have right now because I wouldn't want to be the town that messed it up for the rest of us.

@Arch you did the same thing, and you unvoted first. I can literally describe your pattern the same way you did mine, and I think you should be the last person to be calling me out for how I voted for Poppet.

#Smile - RHG Duel - ErrorBlender

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    I unvoted for Poppet because I genuinely felt there was connivance between Arch and Exile. Even rereading the past few pages, I don't think you guys can blame me for thinking that and I think I explained it well when I posted. Some people even agreed, even Exile admitted that it wasn't a good look.
    Nah I can see how you guys would get that impression. Now that we know there's only one other mafia I'm hoping it exonerates me a bit. If I were the other mafia then my attempt to defend him makes absolutely no sense. That plus the fact that I was the first to vote for poppet should hopefully make any doubters realize I'm working for the town here.

Other players should voice their concerns but let's not rush into lynching error until he has a chance to respond. It takes 4 votes to lynch and he's already at 3
    Last edited by Exile; 09-28-2019 at 02:05 PM.

He's just at two, I only used my ability on him

But yeah obviously you and Arch aren't both working together as mafia now. I'm pretty stumped tbh as to where to go from here so any input from the rest would be nice.
    Last edited by Smile; 09-28-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Thread Information