StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: It's 2019 so Let's Play Dead Ass Mafia!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post

One thing that I realized needs to be considered is that this setup affords the mafia extra opportunities to kill during the night. Let's say there's 2 mafia: a troll and a sectional moderator. In addition to their nightkill, the troll can use their ability on a regular user, and the sectional moderator can visit a bot. That's three kills in one night.
    So is there a benefit still to claiming Bot? Whoever says they are, are basically screwed if the Mafia have some sort of role reveal during the night.

If they know exactly who to target then we're basically fucked in that regard. We can either level the playing field by having a mass claim and hope that we can use the night actions/kill(s) in conjunction with our daytime abilities to root out someone during day two, or we can keep our roles a secret and possibly even abstain from using them altogether to try and neuter any role-based advantage the mafia might have.

I'm leaning toward the latter because of a few possible benefits. If by any chance one of the mafia has the Hewitt role then they have a chance of killing themselves during the night if they're shooting blind. Assuming neither of them are ex-mods, they have a 1/7 chance of wasting a night kill on one. These aren't guaranteed but it's possible.
    Looking back at my own convoluted plan, I'd have to agree with yours for Day 1. By the time Day 2 arrives, a possibility of zero or more kills will occur which could give us info regarding the pool that we have currently and what was discarded. We can begin to deduce from there what roles are left and what can benefit and begin witch hunting for liars.

What's certain is that we can't do anything during the night that's guaranteed to work in the town's favor. If I'm wrong then please correct me but as far as I can tell we're just risking more deaths by using our night abilities blindly on day 1. There's a slim chance that one of us will get lucky and catch mafia by luck but I don't think it's worth it to try this early.

There don't seem to be any clear benefits to a mass role claim. But there are certain roles that will become useful on day 2 for catching liars among other things, that's when we'll start claiming.
    I disagree on the notion that Night Actions will result in death or favor the mafia only. Information here is a two way street, what we know, the Mafia knows either way. Sectionals can lower the role pool enough to assist in helping us deduce on whats left. We can keep abstaining on using the powers of other rules until we can get a clear picture. That's my two cents.

Spoiler for :

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel
    well shit, okay :/
    Why so passive? I don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    So is there a benefit still to claiming Bot? Whoever says they are, are basically screwed if the Mafia have some sort of role reveal during the night.
    Yeah it'd be best if the roles that can potentially kill the bot just be careful. Doesn't look like we have a bot so far unless it's poppet.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender
    I disagree on the notion that Night Actions will result in death or favor the mafia only. Information here is a two way street, what we know, the Mafia knows either way. Sectionals can lower the role pool enough to assist in helping us deduce on whats left. We can keep abstaining on using the powers of other rules until we can get a clear picture. That's my two cents.
    I don't mean to say it's impossible but it just doesn't seem like something we can develop a strategy around. Night kills are going to be a risk for the town no matter what,and on day 1 the odds are stacked against us significantly. If a townie has an ability that can potentially kill overnight and they accidentally kill another townie with it it's just going to muddy the waters.
    Last edited by Exile; 09-20-2019 at 08:16 PM.

I do wonder: who are the most trustworthy people playing now that has a 90% chance of being a townie?
    Just an average person

Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

What you're asking is what everyone's basically asking Xate. You're just throwing words right now.

Spoiler for :

#vote Xate I think most of his posts have been misdirection up to this point

In your deepest fantasy. poppetje3D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    Not a bot.
    Amen.

That’s Poppetje3D, SPs lord and savior
    Ohhhh Arch, behave.

Quote Originally Posted by Xate View Post
    And Exile took the first shot!

While Poppete lurks in memery.

What will happen next? Stay tuned to Stickpage X, tomorrow.
    I actually am.

Quote Originally Posted by Xate View Post
    I do wonder: who are the most trustworthy people playing now that has a 90% chance of being a townie?
    I think its a good thing to not keep trustworthy players in the game but strong ones. Later in game they might get to be a problem if they are the bot. Then again we can just lync them at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    #vote Xate I think most of his posts have been misdirection up to this point
    I agree, #vote Xate
    Last edited by poppetje3D; 09-21-2019 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by poppetje3D View Post
    I think its a good thing to not keep trustworthy players in the game but strong ones. Later in game they might get to be a problem if they are the bot. Then again we can just lync them at that point.
    It's pretty concerning that you don't know the bot can be a town-aligned role. That's why I spent half of this game so far suggesting we claim we're not the bot so we don't accidentally kill one of our own.

Back when we used to run mafia frequently, Xate was almost always the first one to go for some reason. Something about the way he plays just attracts votes. I'm really not liking his approach so far, asking dumb questions instead of contributing in any meaningful way, but I don't think he's much of a priority target. I'm not liking how quickly and easily Poppet jumped on that vote either.

How about we go for a no-lynch for the first day? Seems like the best way to avoid accidentally killing a townie.

And I agree with withholding role claims for now. The regular users won't be very strong until people start doing that, and right now we dom't know if one or both of the mafia members are regulars.
    Spoiler for my favorite quote on this entire website.:

Poppet and Xyskal are my first picks for people being mafia.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

Poppet and Xyskal are my first picks for people being mafia.
    And why exactly is that?
    Spoiler for my favorite quote on this entire website.:

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information