StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: It's 2019 so Let's Play Dead Ass Mafia!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    The fact that you're not the only one deciding who to lynch and that you can still get lynched are irrelevant to who you should vote for.
    I agree, why are we talking about this? I never once tried to explain who i think I should vote for, you're the only one interpreting my posts through that lens

Quote Originally Posted by Smile
    It seems to me like you're trying to make a decision for the group at a time where nobody has anything to go for other than their personal biases
    What is this even based on? When have I told anyone what to do? I've asked questions which have been ignored and I've made a suggestion or two, that's literally how the game is played

There's enough to go off here where the vote isnt purely random. There are clearly levels of engagement with the game at this point and inactivity is extremely anti-town behavior. For that reason, #vote Cronos.

Xyskal, with that said, I want an explanation for why you're fixated on me. Might as well explain it now since you're going to have to explain it when I'm killed and publicly confirmed a bot. If you're a bot you've spent this entire game trying to get rid of the most active member of your team.

Edit: for clarifications sake, by anti-town I mean anti-bot. In this setup, bots are the town and mods are scum/mafia. I don't know how familiar Xyskal is with mafia terms but thought I'd explain in case it's throwing anyone off
    Last edited by Exile; 09-03-2019 at 12:32 PM.

While you bring up a fantastic point Exile, there's no way to know if you're a bot or not, so I'm simply going to fall back on prejudice to make my decisions for me until I have more information. I'm willing to accept the consequences of whatever happens.
    Spoiler for my favorite quote on this entire website.:

That lack of certainty applies to everyone. What do you mean by prejudice?

If you're a bot then you're really letting the team down by baselessly picking someone and running with it regardless of what happens or what's said. Expect this to be criticized in hewitt's usual post-game rant. If you're a mod then bravo I guess but you're barely even trying to seem like a bot. You're lucky Cronos' inactivity is outweighing your lack of effort. Just wish that applied to me too.
    Last edited by Exile; 09-03-2019 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyskal View Post
    How exactly would you go about doing that?
    By voting for you, well in this case Cronos because he has just a single post in the entire thread. Pressure is just putting you up in the hangman's noose, so chill. Right now, it really seems you want a player out no matter what which does raise me some suspicious ideas on you.

Spoiler for :

I'd like to give Cronos the benefit of the doubt but regardless of his alignment I think his inactivity is the single most harmful thing to the town right now and he's a prime candidate for the first night kill. Bob's refusal or inability to recognize this is suspicious as fuck and will hopefully be dealt with on day 2 if he makes it that far.

I'm most likely fucked and won't see day 2. Before the day round ends I'll make sure to voice my advice for whoever manages to survive. Until then I'm hoping to hear more from cronos.
    Last edited by Exile; 09-03-2019 at 10:08 PM.

Another day wasted

Thanks for playing guys

While you are correct Exile, I don't exactly see any other method of going about this besides random voting. So far talking hasn't really revealed anything, has it? What exactly can we do until somebody dies?

What do you expect to be able to do after someone dies that you can't do today? We're not going to learn anything about the surviving players.

I know you're new to this so I'm saying this to educate, not to judge -- insisting that the vote is random on day 1 is classic noob behavior. There's varying levels of activity, aggression, passivity, etc. that you can base your vote off of. Cronos is very obviously affecting the game with his inactivity. Why would you want him to survive to day 2 instead of me? The only reason I can think of is that you're a mod who sees me as a threat, or you're a mod who doesn't care about who's who as long as someone dies.

Is this kind of thing concrete? Not at all. But it's something. You're neglecting to even try to participate in the process of what makes this game a game instead of just a series of random votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    What do you expect to be able to do after someone dies that you can't do today? We're not going to learn anything about the surviving players.

I know you're new to this so I'm saying this to educate, not to judge -- insisting that the vote is random on day 1 is classic noob behavior. There's varying levels of activity, aggression, passivity, etc. that you can base your vote off of. Cronos is very obviously affecting the game with his inactivity. Why would you want him to survive to day 2 instead of me? The only reason I can think of is that you're a mod who sees me as a threat, or you're a mod who doesn't care about who's who as long as someone dies.

Is this kind of thing concrete? Not at all. But it's something. You're neglecting to even try to participate in the process of what makes this game a game instead of just a series of random votes.
    That... makes a lot of sense, actually.
    so uh, #vote Cronos, I guess? Besides Cronos, what exactly should we base our votes off of then?

You're basically asking how to play mafia. Do some reading, there are guides on it that explain it better than I can. Maybe you can contribute something next game if hewitt decides to run one.

That's 3 votes for Cronos. I have a bad feeling that the game might just end tonight since the mods probably have a good idea of who they should target so I won't help them by trying to point fingers. I'm fairly certain I know who the mods are at this point, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information