StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: It's 2019 so Let's Play Dead Ass Mafia!!!

#unvote error

#vote smile

Relating your pattern to mine doesn’t really convince me of why you would vote for him after he was already essentially sentenced to die unless you were trying to save face. If you just wanted him pressured he already would’ve been, and if poppet was innocent and the mafia were trying to get us to kill one of our own it would be reckless to add an extra town vote on top of the already required 5, which combined with your long posts observing your play style and reflecting on how everything is in the towns favor leads me to believe you’re being dishonest.

`~ "What is broken can be reforged" ~`

I’m sad that my “obvious” observations mean that I’m not contributing hard enough. Forgive an idiot for having as useful a contribution as 1/4 of everyone else’s

As for points about Error, it’s more of a “what he didn’t do” which raised suspicion. “What he did” is playing like a townie, a real safe townie. I’m not smart enough to see “what he didn’t do”, only “what he did”.

As for me being dramatic and 100% sure of who’s town and mafia, it’s probably a case of overconfidence, foolishness, pretend idiocy to bait out manipulation, or actual idiocy masquerading as mind game.

Let’s call it being idiotic while calling themselves not idiotic. Like saying a lot with the nutritional contents of a Kit-Kat.

Now that suspicion falls on Smile, my baseless conjecture just became even more baseless lol. Started off clueless, ending still clueless.
    Last edited by Xate; 09-29-2019 at 11:34 AM.
    Just an average person

Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    #unvote error

#vote smile

Relating your pattern to mine doesn’t really convince me of why you would vote for him after he was already essentially sentenced to die unless you were trying to save face. If you just wanted him pressured he already would’ve been, and if poppet was innocent and the mafia were trying to get us to kill one of our own it would be reckless to add an extra town vote on top of the already required 5, which combined with your long posts observing your play style and reflecting on how everything is in the towns favor leads me to believe you’re being dishonest.
    I didn't know what the vote count was and that really wasn't what was on my mind when I voted for Poppet again. I revoted for Poppet because I thought nobody was going to change their vote anyway and I wasn't going to further pursue the theory I brought up for the day. If you're going to hold that over my head the entire game and dismiss the merits of my posts then that's that.

I don't understand how my long posts somehow contribute to my being mafia? Are you sure you're not just throwing a bunch of shit on the wall and hoping something sticks? You must really want me to be mafia to call me for something as ridiculous. It would make sense for the Mafia to kill randomly at night and save some of the people he thinks he can lead a lynch against during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    I didn't know what the vote count was and that really wasn't what was on my mind when I voted for Poppet again. I revoted for Poppet because I thought nobody was going to change their vote anyway and I wasn't going to further pursue the theory I brought up for the day. If you're going to hold that over my head the entire game and dismiss the merits of my posts then that's that.

I don't understand how my long posts somehow contribute to my being mafia? Are you sure you're not just throwing a bunch of shit on the wall and hoping something sticks? You must really want me to be mafia to call me for something as ridiculous. It would make sense for the Mafia to kill randomly at night and save some of the people he thinks he can lead a lynch against during the day.
    I am most definitely throwing shit against the wall to see what you come back with. That is the power of using a vote in mafia games. Right now it seems like your voting pattern and justification is either way too reckless to be town oriented or you're just desperately trying to cover your tracks. I liked ErrorBlender's reasons for not voting more than I like your justifications for why you did vote.

Who were you planning on voting for, for pressuring? The fact that Xyskal of all people was killed really perplexes me, but then again I could be the only person that considered him safe going forward because of how easily his vote would have been to manipulate. That leads me to think the last bot is either someone inexperienced or reckless.

Quote Originally Posted by Xate View Post
    As for points about Error, it’s more of a “what he didn’t do” which raised suspicion. “What he did” is playing like a townie, a real safe townie. I’m not smart enough to see “what he didn’t do”, only “what he did”.
    What aren you doing though Xate? You've rehashed what other people have been saying and been saying things roundaboutedly. Do something.

I found no information regarding Xyskal's death that could be connected to anyone since all he was doing was posting questions regarding the game and what he could do or couldn't. Mainly, his interactions have just been silently moving along with the game and observing.

With Poppet's 7 posts, he's been joking around in more than half of them. There is a tiny bit of possibility that Smile is connected with Poppet: Xate did mention this.

I have suspicions about him the moment he tagged along Smile's accusation about my post being misdirection too easily. Furthermore, his contribution is entirely revealing himself as not-bot. I feel that his lack of effort in supporting the town warrants suspicion.
    Revealing roles doesn't reveal the faction. That much has been established, so revealing them and telling the truth about it doesn't hurt the Mafia all that hard as I would have believed. Smile was the first to champion mass role reveals and then to 'generate' discussion, he pokes the stick at an ally, at Poppet and forcing most of us to follow suit anyway despite our reservations on it.

Xate has also been that dude you just want to glaze over his posts. Which of course, is a solid way of being here and not here at the same time. I'd know, I tried that the last game one way or another. Most of Xate's posts are in regards to Poppet (when he was alive). Now I'd like to lens this in a way that what if Xate was mafia:

The first was asking who was Poppet? Clearly a way to distance himself from his ally. Explicitly saying so outright gives him somewhat an advantage.

The second was his 'revelation' on how RHG Duels work. I'm more on the case that he asked because he was worried for Poppet whe Smile went after him with a duel. He tried to say that it was apparently private and could be lied about. Trying to seed doubt on Smile's honesty.

The third was when everything was going south for Poppet, he jumped ship and called him out as very suspicious.

(1) Smile - Animator (Role) //Confirmed
    (2) Exile - Regular User (Role) //Confirmed [Used ability]
    (3) Xate - ??? (Role) //Claims Mod Role
    (4) Error - Sectional Mod(Role) //Confirmed
    (5) Arch - Regular User(Role) //Confirmed [Used ability]
    (6) Poppet - Sectional Mod (Role) //Death [MAFIA]
    (7) Xyskal - Regular User(Role) //Death [TOWNIE]
    (8) Zero - ??? (Role) //Claims Mod Role

Should I use my ability again? When night arrives, I should still be able to use it even if I am targetted for the night.

Spoiler for :

I'll take a new role LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    Xate has also been that dude you just want to glaze over his posts. Which of course, is a solid way of being here and not here at the same time. I'd know, I tried that the last game one way or another. Most of Xate's posts are in regards to Poppet (when he was alive). Now I'd like to lens this in a way that what if Xate was mafia:

The first was asking who was Poppet? Clearly a way to distance himself from his ally. Explicitly saying so outright gives him somewhat an advantage.

The second was his 'revelation' on how RHG Duels work. I'm more on the case that he asked because he was worried for Poppet whe Smile went after him with a duel. He tried to say that it was apparently private and could be lied about. Trying to seed doubt on Smile's honesty.

The third was when everything was going south for Poppet, he jumped ship and called him out as very suspicious.
    Saying that my posts make people’s eyes glaze over makes me feel sad. I put “enough” effort and personality in to make my information entertaining and it sedated people instead? Bruh.

Now, as for your accusation, I finally got to be a smart guy and say: Objection! Your claims contradicted themselves!

1. You mentioned I distanced myself from Poppete to gain an advantage. However, had I not said so, would Poppete even be in the spotlight and be lynched? That would amount to betraying your ally, which takes away the main strength of Mafia: information control. The more people the Mafia have, the more influence they have.

1.5 You also claimed I intentionally write my posts so that I can be there and not there. However, if you put it like that, isn’t Poppete doing the same thing? Why would I, the hypothetical ally to Poppete, call him out for doing the exact same thing as me? It’s a blatant contradiction

2. Your point about me casting suspicion on Smile does not make sense if I were a Mafia. If Smile has lied, and Poppete was lynched, his lie would be exposed and lynched. Which is exactly what Mafia me would want. Therefore, I would keep quiet about this positive outcome if Smile decided to be stupid. Furthermore, as a townie without anyone to trust, it’s normal to doubt people, especially when their role involves a PM, which some people may not notice.

3. You claim I jumped on the bandwagon the moment things went south for Poppete. However, I was a strong proponent of voting for Poppete since the very beginning, constantly pointing at him as a suspicious bad guy, even after some other suspicious people pop up. Furthermore, Arch did follow your line of logic and ended up at Smile, the last unnecessary vote. And yet you aimed for me, the middle-ish voter. Therefore, it’s a contradiction.

Your clumsy accusation has made me doubt your allegiance.

#vote Errorblender

While we only need one more vote, I still would like to hear more from Arch (his PMs!) and Smile (if you were Mafia, revealing your Animator wouldn’t put you at risk of dying, invalidating my trust in you)

As for Exile and Zero, I trust them a bit more to be townies because of their useful, insightful information, some of which the Mafia would really want to hide, I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    Should I use my ability again? When night arrives, I should still be able to use it even if I am targetted for the night.
    Don’t go bribing another person with a promise of a changed role, lol
    Last edited by Xate; 09-30-2019 at 05:13 PM.
    Just an average person

Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

sure would be good to get some input from this guy

@Error I dont think you should use your role. Potentially bringing back the troll role is far too dangerous, and I think we're already in a position where the roles no longer require that much focus, something some of the players have been asking for.

#Smile - RHG Duel - Xate

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post

sure would be good to get some input from this guy
    I don't have a whole lot new to bring to the table here. I still feel best about Error being mafia, I don't buy the idea that he didn't want to pile onto Poppet while he was actively pointing out other players as suspicious. That said I'd expect poppet's teammate to have the common sense to vote for him once shit goes down, it's either a mistake that Error made or we're chasing a false lead.

Thread Information