StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 314

Thread: It's 2019 so Let's Play Dead Ass Mafia!!!

  1. #201
    Artist/Animator Arch-Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    9,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    @Arch you did the same thing, and you unvoted first. I can literally describe your pattern the same way you did mine, and I think you should be the last person to be calling me out for how I voted for Poppet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    #Exile - report button - Poppet (Sectional mod)

    Figure my odds of dying tonight are pretty good regardless. Might as well use the ability
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    #unvote poppet


    waiting for results
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt View Post
    Just going to make a quick post here, because I completely forgot we have some new players. This is aimed mostly at Xyskal and Poppete so listen up:

    In order for a Day Lynch to happen, a Majority must be reached. There are 8 players right now, which means a total of 5 must vote for someone to lynch them successfully. Upon reaching that number, I usually allow for a buffer period of 2 days before I "hammer" and end the day.

    But what is happening right now is, even though 5 people have already lynched 1 person, Arch is purposely unvoting in order to extend the time for discussion which has so far proved very fruitful thus far.

    So that is the whole reason. Without the lynching vote, the traditional 6 Days (as of this writing) is still our deadline for today.

    Also note that should there be no Majority at the end of the 6 days (as of this post), that person will NOT be lynched

    Hope that clears it up for our newbie players!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    Poppet could be busy, just trying to give him an opportunity yknow.

    Did you forget about all of this? I unvoted to keep him from dying well before you did.

    `~ "What is broken can be reforged" ~`


  2. #202
    Unlimited Potential Xate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    3,203
    Suddenly, Error is on the chopping block. But this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about when I say "too townie". As in, contributing enough to stay in the background. Zero broke that trend via his long accusation toward Arch. Xyskal was uselessly new and now dead. Me, being me. The others are very much in the spotlight, however.

    And yes, I 100% believe Exile is innocent now, and Arch is less suspicious. I'm going to hang back, and count my stars I wasn't night killed.

    I will refrain from voting Error to avoid a surprise 4th vote lynching Error. But overall, I feel like we're 80% of the way to victory.
    Last edited by Xate; 09-28-2019 at 08:35 PM.
    Just an average person

    Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

  3. #203
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    14,312
    Everybody STOP

    I have made a Royal Fuck Up.

    It was late at night, and I wasn't thinking of it, but I do have to confirm miscellaneous Night Actions.


    Nobody post until I confirm those actions. Thank you.


    FYI, there could be a night role or not, so I'm freezing this thread for at least a day and a half no matter what.
    Last edited by Hewitt; 09-28-2019 at 09:03 PM.

  4. #204
    Junior Memeber Smile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    5,396
    Can you cancel my day ability too Hew? I thought there were no sectional mod yknow

  5. #205
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    14,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    Can you cancel my day ability too Hew? I thought there were no sectional mod yknow
    Done.

    Also, in lieu of several messages I'm getting from various people, I am re-opening the thread now. The reason is that these people are actually more free now than the incoming days. I've also reset the timer. This is totally my bad, I'm sorry.

    So here we go:




    On the Infractions/Ban Threads, a post is made: poppetje3D has been permabanned for soliciting 3d stick nudes from minors.
    He has been revealed to be an Ex-Mod Hacker.

    The forums rejoice for now they sleep soundly knowing that one of the troublemakers has been rooted out.

    However...

    The Dawn of the Second Day

    General Discussion finds themselves in a panic all of a sudden when Xyskal, the Regular User has been IP-Banned for multi-accounting and speaking weird gibberish. According to the batcave, Jeff attests that he was exhibiting bot-like behavior and thus had to be put down.

    He urges that the community calm down and rationally think back the last 24 hours. There is still a Hacker on the loose!

    In other news, ErrorBlender, the Sectional Moderator has recently saw it fit to bring to my attention a certain user who has been at ends with us in a certain way. I hereby strip Zero of his Regular User status. (New role PM'd to him)

    That is all.


    ~Jeff




    There are 6 of you left.
    It takes 4 to lynch!



    =======================

    Pool of Roles
    Discarded:
    1x Troll
    1x Hewitt
    1x Sectional Mod
    1x Regular User

    Unused Number: 4

    Revealed Roles:
    Smile - Animator
    Arch - Regular User (Ability Used)
    Exile - Regular User (Ability Used)
    Xyskal - Regular User (DEAD)
    poppetje3D - Ex-Mod (DEAD)
    ErrorBlender - Sectional Mod


    Rules:
    1) You have 2 IRL Weeks to decide who to lynch.
    Countdown Here: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...5&font=cursive

    2) Day will end if the votes are unanimously made earlier than 2 weeks.

    3) It is possible to end the Day in a NO LYNCH. No one will die. In the case of a tie, it is treated as a No Lynch as well.

    4) When activating a Day Ability, follow the format:

    #YourUsername - YourRoleAbility - Target

    Remember to post the command IN BOLD. This is so I can see it easier. I will check the thread periodically every 12-24 hours to trigger abilities. Speed of the abilities triggers in the order that they are declared. Also note that you may NOT takeback a Day Ability. Once declared, it will trigger no matter what. So time your abilities wisely.

    ***For clarification, all abilities with Day use can be used once a Day except the Regular User, which can only be used once EVER.
    Last edited by Hewitt; 09-29-2019 at 01:53 AM.

  6. #206
    ★★★★★ Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Posts
    4,788
    All of my responses are posts starting at Page 18 (With the knowledge that Poppet is a Mafia) because this is where I fell off from the discussion and I'd like to make a say on points that I felt needs a follow through on both my part and some players (Apologies for my usual lengthy post but as I stated before the game, I have little spare time for me to make short posts throughout the week due to my workload):


    -+ SMILE +-
    Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    Add to that, I still don't understand why Exile reported Poppet. It's pretty obvious to anyone that there's no reason for an Animator to lie about a claim when it's that easy to get caught falsely claiming. The most convincing scenario I have in my head is that Exile wants to get rid of town powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Just wanted to confirm if he was lying about his role or not. My intent wasn't to waste the ability but I figured it'd be wasted regardless if I died without using it, I didn't see any other clear use for it.
    I'll chime in what I think because I was the one who brought it up first: To be honest, you're both correct -- in Smile's case, lying about what Poppet's role is would be detrimental to him if no one validated it but that's why Exile is also correct: We needed someone to validate what Smile said was true or not (I can't do jack anymore because I used up my only ability on Exile at Day 1 to get him out of the "Troll" role).


    With the results of Exile's confirmation, I'm satisfied with your reasons why you chose Poppet.


    Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    If Poppet died and we'd lose a sectional mod, then we'd be left with only 1 sectional mod that reveals roles at night. Powers might not benefit just the town, but they still help nonetheless. By reporting Poppet, that's already three players who've used their power, so we only have two left AND we lose a sectional mod. If I die tonight, that's another role confirming power lost.
    I know Poppet got a new role but I don't think we should place this much importance on what a person's role is v.s what they're doing/contributing. The excel spreadsheet I made was simply so we can see how our chances are and use that as a guideline in making our decisions.


    If anything, using one's own role as their main point in defending themselves just makes it look like they're grasping at straws and makes me suspicious of them more. I hope everyone is in the same page as I am.


    Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    There's also the fact that Magnetic Personality was quite swiftly removed from the game by Arch. If Exile was Hewitt, and Exile was a mafia, then they pretty much can't kill anyone at night because they'd be killing one of their own. I think the scenario of the two working together is also backed up by when Zero went after Arch that Exile was the first to defend Arch. At this point, I think the ones who've been cooperating the most are Exile and Arch.
    Correction: Exile didn't defend Arch after I called him out -- He already mentioned beforehand that he thinks Arch, for him, isn't Mafia. My main point of why I quoted him out on it is because Xate backed off way too fast when he was correct. It worries me that the town is easily accepting statements like that without further pushing it and getting a good reason.


    -+ ARCH +-
    Speaking of which, just a short detour with regards to Arch's response on my question as to why PM's and not through publicly discussing:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    I’ve reached out to two or three people, not the whole roster.
    I don't know that -- No one does.


    It was nice of you to showcase what we discussed but I believe it's only fair you also showcase what you discussed to the others. Either that or those people whom conversed with you say their piece on what they think as well. Private messaging is part of playing Mafia but I can't sit well with it when it's where most of your stuff comes from.


    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    My short posts have contributed the same information as people’s longer posts. Also, it’s probably in everyone’s best interest to role claim single this game is lasting until night three at best.
    I'm not convinced with this but if the other player's feel the same way Arch feels, then I'll drop it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    Can anyone who's talked with Arch tell us about your conversation and what you think about him?
    I'll start -- You already saw the printscreen he sent anyway but we just basically talked about why his posts are so short and intentionally trolling (When I know he can do better). Other topics was just some small talk about who's suspicious (I stated Poppet/Xate at that point in time).


    What we talked in PM doesn't shift what I think about him (Whether he's a townie or a mafia) because our talk was pretty neutral.


    -+ EXILE +-
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I never said you have to believe me, I'm just explaining my position. This is what arch does, he likes having teammates and when he's not mafia he tries to seek out other people that he thinks might not be mafia. I've used it to my advantage in past games.


    I'm not going to act like this should convince anyone. You made good points against him.
    Understandable -- Apologies if the way I worded my statements sounded aggressive towards you.


    It just worried me on how all it took for Xate to back off was a single line from you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    But beyond that all I said was I don't think arch is mafia at this point, we're not really working together here
    The two of you working together has died down in my eyes with Poppet actually being a Mafia (Along with your other post explaining your side) -- I still am suspicious about Arch though but he's not at the top of my list.


    -+ XATE +-
    Quote Originally Posted by Xate View Post
    Xate:
    +That's me, bruh.
    +I'm innocent, bruh.
    +I'm useful, bruh.
    -I'm me, bruh.


    In conclusion, and food for thought: We have 2 hackers. And 3 suspicious people. 2 of which are associated together. The 3rd person is super suspicious as hell with almost no useful defense against his death. Which would make zero sense for a townie to do. Even Xyskal wouldn't be that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xate View Post
    Suddenly, Error is on the chopping block. But this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about when I say "too townie".


    As in, contributing enough to stay in the background. Zero broke that trend via his long accusation toward Arch.


    And yes, I 100% believe Exile is innocent now, and Arch is less suspicious. I'm going to hang back, and count my stars I wasn't night killed.


    I will refrain from voting Error to avoid a surprise 4th vote lynching Error. But overall, I feel like we're 80% of the way to victory.
    You're not out of it yet.


    Error is not on the chopping block because he's being "too townie". If you've been going through the thread, he's in the chopping block because he hasn't voted for Poppet nor has he gotten involved in discussing regarding his odd behavior. It has nothing to do with him being "too townie", as you put it.


    You're still suspicious to me Xate. These are the only posts I found substantial throughout your entire play from Day 1 to Day 2 (Starting at Page 10):
    Quote Originally Posted by Xate View Post
    Not bot, not troll. That's it for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xate View Post
    Also, somehow I feel like Arch's presence is pretty under the radar, aside from his Regular User ability on Exile. I'll personally flag him for attention, with 10% doubt of being hacker. If I die tonight, I'm going to eye him so hard from beyond the grave. But for now, Poppete is super suspicious.

    The rest are either:
    (1) Stating the obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by Xate View Post
    I just learnt that the Animator reveal is actually private. This raises concerns about the possibility of lying about it. Of course, this means that if one of them is lying, we pretty much narrowed down 1 of the mafias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xate View Post
    In conclusion, and food for thought: We have 2 hackers. And 3 suspicious people. 2 of which are associated together.


    And if they both lie (which we don't know), and we kill one of them and they're actually mafia, then the other must be, too.
    (2) Asking some questions that doesn't really benefit the town much:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xate View Post
    I do wonder: who are the most trustworthy people playing now that has a 90% chance of being a townie?

    You bandwagon super quickly as well (e.g: When Poppet was going to be lynched). If you think Error is being passive, then you're actually doing the same thing. You might post a lot but you say so little. You also jumped in very quickly and blew out of proportion of what I said to Exile and stuck with it for sometime then immediately make a bold claim of "Oh yeah, you're 100% innocent", as if you already know who's townie and mafia.


    Your mindset of immediately changing opinions that quickly concerns me. You and Error are my #1 pick of lynching in Day 2.


    Quote Originally Posted by Xate View Post
    I feel that his lack of effort in supporting the town warrants suspicion.
    How ironic.


    -+ MOVING FORWARD FOR DAY 2 +-


    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I suggest everyone goes back to page 10 and reads everyone's posts up to now with the knowledge that Xyskal is a townie and Poppet was mafia. After reading all of it I'm leaning most toward Smile being the other mafia.
    I'm 50-50 with Smile being Mafia:


    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    He went out of his way to use his ability against Poppet first
    And for good reason -- At that point of the game, there was very little discussion going on and Smile wanted to spark one. As for why Poppet of all the people, we have good reason at that time that Poppet was the most suspicious of the bunch and getting more info was beneficial, so I'd say this is a reasonable move.


    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    ...one of Poppet's few half-assed replies was against Smile
    Most likely because it was mainly Smile who was putting the pressure and making actions against Poppet -- Poppet's actions throughout the thread are so random. His short posts that says very little doesn't help out either.


    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Smile made sure to point out that nobody defended Poppet and then proceeded to defend him and unvote him... there just seems to be a lot of focus between the two of them and it almost seems like an act. That said he did vote for him fairly early on but it seems like it was after he realized Poppet was a lost cause. I could be entirely wrong but I think it's a lead worth following, if you guys could read the last 10 pages and let me know what you think about this theory that seems like a good place to start this round.
    It's a good lead and one which we should further dig deeper to discuss.


    Personally, the chances that it was scripted and acted out as a plan when he was a lost cause is high but it's also unfair to paint the target on Smile alone when he was also the one to take actions against a Mafia.




    -+ SUSPICIOUS POINTS +-


    As for Error, he has now become my #1 pick for lynching (Alongside with Xate for reasons stated above) for the following reasons:
    (1) With Poppet being a Mafia, Error's decision not to get involved in voting AND discussing regarding him tells me he doesn't want his partner to die off but at the same time, doesn't want to appear too suspicious/involved, so he took this route. This is the only post I saw that Error mentions regarding Poppet:
    Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    Seems to be no one is really a bot. Unless Poppet is.

    (2) For the past few pages, his contributions are mainly just copy pasting the notes I made and barely getting involved in chiming in what he thinks -- I assume it's because now that Poppet has been busted, he doesn't want a lot of info leaked for him?


    I'd like to ask Smile as well on why the sudden change of heart in pulling out your vote from Poppet when his lynch date was nearing? I already stated this before but, even if in the result that he wasn't a Mafia, he clearly wasn't playing for town and that's already enough for me to vote for him.


    I won't make my decision to lynch (We already have Exile and Arch under Error anyway) as we still have enough time left in Day 2 but both Error and Xate are my first picks. I'd love to hear out your reasoning from the points I mentioned towards you both. Feel free to call me out if ever I'm taking your posts out of context (I had to delete some contents because of how long it was).

    EDIT:
    Oh and as for my new role, I'm a mod -- As for which one, I am still thinking whether to announce it or not. On one hand, we can form a strat around it if I were to announce it publicly(But we found how effective that was in Day 1). On the other hand, if I don't announce it, the Mafia could waste a nightkill if I am an ex-Mod and that can boost our chances in winning.

    Personally, I don't want to announce which specific mod I am because the latter plan has so much more benefits for town but I'd love to hear your thoughts -- You might see a perspective I'm missing. Here's the numbers for the Mod roles if you don't wanna backtrack:

    Global Mod (1) - ??? (50.00%)
    Sectional Mod (2) - Poppet (Previous Role before Exile rolled him a new one)/Error
    Ex-Mod (2) - Poppet/??? (50.00%)
    Last edited by Zero; 09-29-2019 at 07:05 PM.




    ​_________________________________________________ _________
    ... ... ... ... ...

    RHG

  7. #207
    Blending City ErrorBlender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,427
    I didn't vote for Poppet because everyone was already on him. I didn't see that it was needed to pile on more since I was basically waiting for night to arrive. Sensing he was going to go Cronos and become a lynch over time with his inactivity, I focused on other people. If he became active at any point other than the defense he gave, of which none of you backed off him afterwards, I would've joined in the discussion more. Honestly, if I was mafia, I would have voted for him as to at least not rouse suspicion to myself. Simply, he was dead already with the votes on hand that I didnt bother to post a vote of my own.

    Since its out there, I am a Sectional. I didnt want to say because of how I could have been a target and saying I was simply a mod role protected me. It was selfish but i wanted to use my ability to help.

    There was a post I made that had tried to make a discussion on what Sectionals and/or Globals should do if ever they existed. I planned on making use of it towards the Regulars so as to get them protected(Ex-Mod) or have new abilities(Animator, Regular, Global).

    If being too townie is going to be considered for being mafia, Xate, then anyone can be. If inactivity is a sign of being mafia, then tell that to other players from previous games who were lynched and revealed townie. There are behaviours to watch but none of them will outright call you out unless it was a dumb slip of the tongue or a misplaced defense. You should know.

    I've been copy pasting your list, Zero, because people do keep asking for whose revealed to be who. I've been bantering against Xate's weird questions the entire time. For Xate to even say we're at 80% winning capability, I'd say that's incredible. Incredibly odd. Where did you get that number Xate? Is it because you aren't being prodded anymore?

    Tbh, whenever I try to make a plan, my first being to use Animators and Regulars to confirm roles and liars, was ignored then the other was the discussion for the Sectionals and Globals and what they should do, I was basically ignored. I have been actively trying to help but all I was is drowned under other posts. So Im at a loss here.



    Spoiler for :

  8. #208
    ★★★★★ Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    I didn't vote for Poppet because everyone was already on him. I didn't see that it was needed to pile on more since I was basically waiting for night to arrive. Sensing he was going to go Cronos and become a lynch over time with his inactivity, I focused on other people. If he became active at any point other than the defense he gave, of which none of you backed off him afterwards, I would've joined in the discussion more. Honestly, if I was mafia, I would have voted for him as to at least not rouse suspicion to myself. Simply, he was dead already with the votes on hand that I didnt bother to post a vote of my own.
    I don't think I can agree with that.

    Being able to cast votes and engage in discussion is one of town's weapons, something which you did not take part of with Poppet. The main crux of your reasoning is that Poppet was confirmed to be a Mafia and the only one who didn't even bother trying to get involved with him was you -- Now that's suspicious. You could be telling the truth and just didn't see the need to because of us piling up on the votes but that doesn't explain why you didn't take part in the discussion regarding his lynching (Whether you agree with it or disagree with it).

    Also, what you're saying now and what you said before (See quote below) sure isn't boding well for you:
    Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    I'll cast my vote when Exile's ability comes through.
    Mind explaining why you never pushed through this AND contradicted yourself with your reasoning just now?

    Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    Since its out there, I am a Sectional. I didnt want to say because of how I could have been a target and saying I was simply a mod role protected me. It was selfish but i wanted to use my ability to help.

    There was a post I made that had tried to make a discussion on what Sectionals and/or Globals should do if ever they existed. I planned on making use of it towards the Regulars so as to get them protected(Ex-Mod) or have new abilities(Animator, Regular, Global).
    Understandable -- As always whenever someone uses their ability and they don't explain it: What was your reason for choosing me as your ability target?

    Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    If being too townie is going to be considered for being mafia, Xate, then anyone can be. If inactivity is a sign of being mafia, then tell that to other players from previous games who were lynched and revealed townie. There are behaviours to watch but none of them will outright call you out unless it was a dumb slip of the tongue or a misplaced defense. You should know.
    To be fair, Xate isn't exactly wrong with the inactivity part -- On the early phases of the game, those who get lynched are either the most suspicious, the most inactive, or those who least contribute as a townie. I have issues with Xate (As stated on my previous lengthy post) and I want him to give a good explanation with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    I've been copy pasting your list, Zero, because people do keep asking for whose revealed to be who.
    There's no problem there man but your previous posts have been feeling lackluster (No idea if it's just me or if other's feel the same way) and I feel like that's one of your "to-go" posts just to make sure you don't go off the radar but at the same time, not call attention to yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    I've been bantering against Xate's weird questions the entire time. For Xate to even say we're at 80% winning capability, I'd say that's incredible. Incredibly odd. Where did you get that number Xate? Is it because you aren't being prodded anymore?
    Oh, Xate is still definitely suspicious in my eyes and I've listed it above.

    Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    Tbh, whenever I try to make a plan, my first being to use Animators and Regulars to confirm roles and liars, was ignored then the other was the discussion for the Sectionals and Globals and what they should do, I was basically ignored. I have been actively trying to help but all I was is drowned under other posts. So Im at a loss here.
    Yeah but the main reason why you're suspicious isn't because of that -- It's because of your lack of participation with regards to lynching Poppet (Both in Discussion and Voting) who is found to be a Mafia.

    By the way, no one has pointed this out yet but what do you guys think why Xyskal was the target? Perhaps we could get some clues from there as well. Personally, I'm surprised he was the choice for Night 1 -- I backtracked the entire thread and couldn't find much of a lead on the reasons of his death. The closest I could get in terms of a connection was Arch putting the pressure on him but that isn't enough to warrant suspicion.

    I don't know, it's such a weird target that I honestly wasn't expecting and I'm stumped about it.
    Last edited by Zero; 09-29-2019 at 07:52 AM.




    ​_________________________________________________ _________
    ... ... ... ... ...

    RHG

  9. #209
    Blending City ErrorBlender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,427
    I will concede that it is suspicious of my lack of participation and the contradiction of my own post in Poppet's lynch. While this paints me in a light that is unfortunate for me, I will stay my side with the town. I have no defense since all I can say is what Ive already said before: the votes were piling up, no one was going to backtrack those votes it seemed, so I didn't vote anymore.

    Its a bullshit excuse, I know.

    I went to Zero as my target for my night role because of two reasons:
    ● He is a regular user. I could have chosen others but Regulars have a one use ability that are unprotected and vulnerable afterwards.
    ● Priority. He delivers well needed information to the team regardless of the time he stays on the game.

    About your new role, Zero, I would go and say that it's better you don't announce it. It's a 50/50 chance of getting the Mafia to waste their night kill on you. Making you a possible waste of a night action for them. It's why I didn't reveal mine.

    In regards to Xyskal's death, I am not sure either. It could be a random decision to kill. I'll see and reread the posts too if there are things you missed.
    Last edited by ErrorBlender; 09-29-2019 at 05:20 AM.



    Spoiler for :

  10. #210
    Junior Memeber Smile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    5,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    Did you forget about all of this? I unvoted to keep him from dying well before you did.
    I also explained why I unvoted for Poppet, and I would say me doing it and adding to the discussion is part of the fruitfulness of what you did. I'm not saying what you did is unhelpful. What I'm saying is that merely looking at how I voted out of context and painting them in the way you did with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    edit: smile is my second. The first vote was to try to show his support of the town, second vote seemed to save face on a lost cause and not go into day 2 without voting him down.
    can also be said about your vote pattern regarding Poppet.

    That said I don't think you're suspicious due to this because truth be told, I was only following your lead when I used my power on Poppet because you were one of the first (if not the first) who brought up Poppet possibly being mafia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    I'd like to ask Smile as well on why the sudden change of heart in pulling out your vote from Poppet when his lynch date was nearing? I already stated this before but, even if in the result that he wasn't a Mafia, he clearly wasn't playing for town and that's already enough for me to vote for him.
    Because at the time I thought Exile and Arch were working together. There have been multiple games where "unhelpfulness" was voted for over "suspiciousness" and the town ending up mislynching a fellow townie, so I wanted to pursue my suspicion first. It's obvious now that I was way off.


    My thoughts on the Xyskal kill:
    I also don't understand the Xyskal kill because the only thing special about him is that he's the only regular user that didn't use his power. I don't think it was a very competent kill for him because right now he has to kill four people and the Troll role was his only help with regards to killing as many town as possible. With no more Report abilities and no more Sectional Mod, it seems to me like IF neither Zero nor Xate are lying about being mods, then the roles in the pool are now constant. Xyskal was the only unconfirmed role that isn't a mod, maybe he thought Xyskal was lying? If he thought he could bring back the Troll role, then that would mean it's ErrorBlender killing the wildcard and using his power to attempt to get the remaining Troll role OR get the Regular User who can get back the Troll role for him, who can kill one of the animators or the regular users.

    Or it could be that the mafia actually didn't want the Troll role back in the pool as he didn't want to accidentally get killed during the night, so he got rid of the guy who can bring that role back. That means he's either an Animator or a Regular user. Obviously I'm an animator so I might be shooting myself in the foot here, but if you look at it that way then it narrows it down to either me, Exile, or Arch.

    This is all I got if I try to analyze the Xyskal kill. I'd like it if anyone else picked apart my analysis because I don't think either of those two scenarios make more sense than the mafia killing Xyskal simply to just throw off the town.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •