StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: It's 2019 so Let's Play Dead Ass Mafia!!!

Bots win if the mods die. How would you know if someone is a mod? You don't, especially in a straightforward version of Mafia like this one where there are no power roles. All you can do is to try and maximize discussion by either starting one or participating in one. Through all this participation you decide for yourself who you think is likely lying about being a bot, make your case, and vote. This is why inactivity is seen as suspicious since the less the bot knows, the better for the mods.

Whatever suggestion you have might as well tell us now.

#unvote Xyskal

#vote Smile

Here's my reasoning. Bob's behavior is weird and not really helpful, but it's sufficiently explained by him being new to this. Best case scenario for us at this point is killing two mods in two days, and I don't really want our only two decisions to be based on one guy being inactive and another being new.

It's possible Error is a mod considering his overall passivity throughout the game but I've had a feeling smile is a mod for quite a while now. This game's been a bit of a mess and at this point I'd feel better about voting for smile and being wrong than voting for Bob and getting a win that no one can feel good about. But I have a feeling I'm not wrong.

Again, open to having my mind changed.

I've been waiting on Xyskal to respond but okay sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Exile
    I have absolutely zero reason to believe ErrorBlender is a mod and I think he feels the same about me. We're both very clearly playing to our win conditions.
    If Error's a bot then I'm sure even he would agree with me here, what exactly has ErrorBlender done to make anyone feel zero reason to believe he'd be a mod? He's the first to vote Cronos? He's agreed and disagreed, but hasn't elaborated much further. I was leaning on Error being a mod due to his safe as fuck play style which should stick out like a sore thumb even to you, so it's surprising that you'd say something like "absolutely zero reason". Most especially NOW, when you mention suddenly it could be plausible he's a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Exile
    I think Bob is the other mod and his first vote against me seems like what someone who's new to mafia would do when put into a power position like that. I'd imagine a new player would attempt put in a town-aligned role would try to figure something out. Instead he just said "hey Exile is doing basic math, how suspicious, vOtE ExILe".
    This one, too. Sure, Xyskal's behavior could be explained as either: a newbie seeing you as a threat thus wanting you out early, or that his attitude is what a newbie given a mod role would have. But it doesn't even need me to delve deep into Bob's Discord to know he thinks he's hilarious with his flippant le rend0m p3rs0n@l!Ty. I'm not an active member of the SP Discord and I know this so how is it that you, an active member of the same server, would explain his behavior as anything more than Xyskal simply not taking the game seriously? Of course you don't actually believe this because now, suddenly, "it's sufficiently explained by him being new to this."

You reversed everything you said when nothing in between happened that could have made you change your mind. You're not even elaborating anymore why you want to vote for me, just that you've clearly been suspicious of me the whole time. I have not done a single thing that's suspicious this entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    If Error's a bot then I'm sure even he would agree with me here, what exactly has ErrorBlender done to make anyone feel zero reason to believe he'd be a mod?
    "Absolutely zero reason" was a bit hyperbolic, I explained it's possible but he's generally been at the bottom of my list.

This one, too. Sure, Xyskal's behavior could be explained as either: a newbie seeing you as a threat thus wanting you out early, or that his attitude is what a newbie given a mod role would have. But it doesn't even need me to delve deep into Bob's Discord to know he thinks he's hilarious with his flippant le rend0m p3rs0n@l!Ty. I'm not an active member of the SP Discord and I know this so how is it that you, an active member of the same server, would explain his behavior as anything more than Xyskal simply not taking the game seriously? Of course you don't actually believe this because now, suddenly, "it's sufficiently explained by him being new to this."
    I'm not sure I understand the first portion of this but his not taking the game seriously seems like a side effect of his inexperience. Both things can be true simultaneously.

You reversed everything you said when nothing in between happened that could have made you change your mind. You're not even elaborating anymore why you want to vote for me, just that you've clearly been suspicious of me the whole time. I have not done a single thing that's suspicious this entire game.
    Nothing crazy has happened in game but I've been thinking the last few days and came to the realization that if we manage to win by lynching Bob that's going to suck in it's own way. If the mod wins because Bob turns out to be a bot, and the bots spent the whole game voting for the inactive guy and the new guy, that sucks too. So I'm willing to take a chance on another possibility. I've explained why I think your attack against me early game was suspicious so you were my first pick.

But largely it was to generate discussion, and as a result you've made some good points about error. Like you said he's been playing very passively, that's not a bad strategy for a mod who just needs to survive two rounds in order to win. It's not a great strategy for the bots at this stage.

#unvote smile

Who would you rather vote for, Bob or Error?

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    Well uh, in my defense, I was acting the way I was because I wasn't taking the game as seriously as I now realize I should. That's mostly on me. Sure I thought it was going to be funny, but I hadn't realized the actual tone of these kinds of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    And I guess Error, if only because he's not me. I think I might have an idea for how Error's behavior could point towards mod status, but I'm pretty sure Exile mentioned it already.
    Spoiler for my favorite quote on this entire website.:

#Vote Exile

`~ "What is broken can be reforged" ~`

I don't know, I think right now tho I'd #vote Exile

I mean if we gotta be that way then #vote smile

I realize I'm being a bit erratic but it's so i can get a sense of what's going on. The entire reason Bob is a target is because of my interactions with him and I feel like you and error are getting the easy way through this shit. I really am curious to know who you'd pick between Bob and Error.

I'm curious to hear from Error as well. I had few reasons to suspect him but his total contribution to this game can be described as going with the flow. That might be a problem this late in the game.

Between just them I think I'd personally be more inclined to vote Error. For the record though, we're really the only two who tries to make discussion so I really don't want to vote for you over Xyskal who's only been trying to defend himself nor over Error who hasn't said anything in three days, but you have to understand why I think your last posts are suspicious.

That said, it's going to be really easy to convince me to change my vote because I'm honestly kind of frustrated by the two, ngl.

@error and xyskal, the game's about to end so just fucking point your fingers at somebody please.

I won't make a reason as to why I've been silent because it'll only come on as an excuse but I am sorry.

Defending myself though from some scrutiny, its weird that the finger has been pointed at me just because Xyskal is absolved because he's new to this. I get that since Exile and Smile have been the only ones conversing over the course of the three days, you'd point a suspicious finger at me. I understand that, I voted for Cronos for the same reason that he hasn't been contributing. I'd rather put everyone under the same amount of scrutiny.

As to whom I think is suspicious, I've always had an eye out for Xyskal ever since his adamant vote for Exile the the last time. Despite himself defending and reasoning that he may indeed be new to this, I will still hold him accountable. It could be a bluff. A reasonable way to shroud a mistake he made by taking out the noob card.

The entire reason Bob is a target is because of my interactions with him and I feel like you and error are getting the easy way through this shit.
    How is Smile getting the easy way through this though? I'd get why I am because of my inactivity.

Spoiler for :

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information