StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: It's 2019 so Let's Play Dead Ass Mafia!!!

#Vote
    Spoiler for my favorite quote on this entire website.:

#vote GamerXD8

#vote turnstile

Spoiler for :

The Dawn of the First Day

"This just in, Stickpage just got HACKED! We've had to rollback the forums back 2 years. Unfortunately, nobody is as they were originally and so the roles have been mixed up.

We also don't know if the Hackers are still here. They might be pretending to be our fellow users, so watch out!

You guys sort things out while I try to fix this situation from the inside. AKA Never

Good Luck!!!"

~Jeff

Pool of Roles
    Discarded: None Yet.
    Unused Number: 8

Rules:
    1) You have 2 IRL Weeks to decide who to lynch.
    Countdown Here: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...5&font=cursive

2) Day will end if the votes are unanimously made earlier than 2 weeks.

3) It is possible to end the Day in a NO LYNCH. No one will die. In the case of a tie, it is treated as a No Lynch as well.

4) When activating a Day Ability, follow the format:

#YourUsername - YourRoleAbility - Target

Remember to post the command IN BOLD. This is so I can see it easier. I will check the thread periodically every 12-24 hours to trigger abilities. Speed of the abilities triggers in the order that they are declared. Also note that you may NOT takeback a Day Ability. Once declared, it will trigger no matter what. So time your abilities wisely.

***For clarification, all abilities with Day use can be used once a Day except the Regular User, which can only be used once EVER.

what do y'all think about everyone making their roles public?

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    what do y'all think about everyone making their roles public?
    I'll chime in my input and say on this once I get a full grasp on each role (Which is sometime over the weekend because work) but it's definitely better than random lynching on day 1 or doing jack shit as of the moment.

​_________________________________________________ _________
    ... ... ... ... ...

RHG

I'm not sure a mass role claim will be helpful in terms of weeding out the mafia. It's too easy to false claim and in the case of roles where there's only 1 each, we don't benefit much from knowing who they are from the beginning. I'm not strictly opposed to it but I don't want to rush into it either.

I think it'd be better to explore potential ways to coordinate the daytime abilities to benefit the town, if there are any. I don't think anyone has a clear idea of how this setup should be played yet, we should figure that out before deciding a mass role claim will be our best first move.

That said I'm at work and not in any good position to try and crunch the variables. Once I can I'll let you guys know, until then if anyone has any ideas please share them.

When you think about it, roles and alignments are separate, so knowing even knowing full well what each person’s role is won’t help us much, does it?

Isn’t it a potential strategy for them to play as the good guys, even ability-wise, while their night kill happens independently of that?
    Just an average person

Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

More or less, which is why I don't see a mass claim being very helpful.

After looking over the roles I think the bot would be wise to role claim if we have one, considering they can be killed by a variety of abilities if we're not careful. I'm not a bot, everyone else should confirm they're not a bot as well.

Ex-mods should probably keep their role a secret for now, they can cause the hackers to waste a nightkill and it's best if the hackers don't know who to avoid.

Trolls have a risky ability and I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how it can be used effectively. Without knowing who's who they have a 50% chance of killing themselves with their ability. If we develop a strategy around this it gives hackers incentive to falsely claim animator or regular users.

Like xate said, roles just affect other roles and none of them do anything to confirm alignment. It gives us some options for killing players outside of the daily lynch and ways to otherwise shake things up but beyond that this will need to function largely like the last game.

Then I have a question then. How would you detect players that act in the interest of the town, and uses their abilities for the town, but kills people at night?
    Just an average person

Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information