StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839 LastLast

Thread: It's 2020! Let's Play Coronavirus Mafia! | Night 1

Quote Originally Posted by Xate View Post
    Just to point out, Creeping Bro is currently the least contributing, and Veir/Color also have a weak presence/contribution as of now.

Having one or two of the Infected fly under the radar is a good technique.
    Wait, wouldn't contributing also count as flying under the radar? I'd think that contributing is more flying under the radar than not. Unless I'm just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepin_Bro View Post
    Most certainly not, and to be entirely honest it's a fair bit suspicious of you to even suggest that. That would only benefit the infected in knowing who to night kill.
    Are you ok Xys?
    This is why we think about questions before we ask them. That was a dumb question, never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    What's the point of having power if I can't abuse it?
    Does lording power over people that don't have it without actually using it count as abuse?
    Last edited by Xyskal; 03-25-2020 at 10:14 PM.
    Spoiler for my favorite quote on this entire website.:

I think "flying under the radar" was meant as in "contributing as little as possible and hoping other people don't notice", but yeah you can probably fly under the radar by contributing the same amount as everyone else and trying not to stick out.

Also yeah idk if triple-posting is that much of an abuse of power. If we're talking Stickpage overall, idk what power is actually significant here. I mean, I was left modded and so did a lot of people, it's pretty much an abandoned forum. Additionally, I don't think either of us would have done anything if someone other than Exile would have triple-posted.

Veir/Color also have a weak presence/contribution as of now.

Hey now, no need to be a rock star. Everyone was just making statements that I currently agree with. I had nothing major to contribute to at that time.
    That being said, I support the Chemist/Researcher decision. The arguments for that combination seem sound to me.

Just to point out, Creeping Bro is currently the least contributing, and Veir/Color also have a weak presence/contribution as of now.

point things out like that ALSO falls under the umbrella of flying under the radar 👁️👁️

While we're waiting on Hewitt, what do you guys think of having the power roles visit the same person on Night 1? This would communicate to the Researcher who the Chemist is which I think would better equip the former during the game. If the Infected also decides to visit the same person then the Researcher wouldn't know exactly which of them is infected but it should be easier to spot during the day.

Though it might not work if the assigned person also becomes the Researcher, but in which case Day 2 would proceed as if we didn't try to do that anyway. If the assigned person becomes the Chemist, then the Chemist can just visit someone else and the Researcher, upon finding out nobody visited the assigned person, can just assume that the person is the Chemist.

The plan might backfire though if the Chemist decides not to visit the assigned person, which would lead the Researcher to make false assumptions, so if we do go for it then it would need a unanimous agreement. Otherwise it would probably do more harm than good.

The Universe In My Eyes Creepin_Bro's Avatar

I'm not exactly sure how I'm the least contributing by a notable margin (not that I'm saying I've done a ton).

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    While we're waiting on Hewitt, what do you guys think of having the power roles visit the same person on Night 1? This would communicate to the Researcher who the Chemist is which I think would better equip the former during the game. If the Infected also decides to visit the same person then the Researcher wouldn't know exactly which of them is infected but it should be easier to spot during the day.

Though it might not work if the assigned person also becomes the Researcher, but in which case Day 2 would proceed as if we didn't try to do that anyway. If the assigned person becomes the Chemist, then the Chemist can just visit someone else and the Researcher, upon finding out nobody visited the assigned person, can just assume that the person is the Chemist.

The plan might backfire though if the Chemist decides not to visit the assigned person, which would lead the Researcher to make false assumptions, so if we do go for it then it would need a unanimous agreement. Otherwise it would probably do more harm than good.
    I don't see too much wrong with this as long as we're all decided on it. My only fear is the 1/5 chance we pick one of the roles as the target.
    If the infected killed the target, we would know that one of the two visitors is infected as you said and we'd be able to figure it out during the day. So the infected would most likely avoid this.
    However, putting anyone in the spotlight like that is a bit of an incentive for a night kill, even with the previously mentioned risk, and if they're Type I it poses no risk at all. So if we accidentally designate one of our roles as the target, then we'd also be plastering a target for the infected on them unknowingly. And I feel like losing either roles would be a pretty big hit to us, especially early game.

This also reminds me, how are we going to go about having information the roles gather put out there?
    The roles most likely do not want to reveal themselves, as they are an obvious target, and we are deciding against either of the defensive roles. But there's not much else the can do to convey their findings, besides I guess taking a gambit in PMs on who they think is safe.
    I guess this is an issue brought up in most mafia games so call it my lack of experience, but I can't think of any even somewhat safe method for them to communicate without winding up dead the coming night.

Spoiler for Signature:

One of us is going to die tonight anyway, I don't see how marking someone is going to change the likelihood of a role immediately dying on Night 1. Regardless of whether we push through the plan or not, the chance of the Infected killing the Chemist/Researcher remains the same.

Also, the Chemist/Researcher should decide for themselves how they want to handle the information they have. They don't even have to communicate it at all. If a Chemist finds a positive on someone, he can just make a case for him instead of outright revealing his role. Same goes for the Researcher. Of course they could always reveal their role and we can get two of the Infected if we sacrifice the power roles, but again, the best way to play would be to successfully convince your teammates without compromising yourself. I'm only trying to suggest the Night 1 plan to give the Researcher as much ammo as he can have on Day 2.

i'd really appreciate it if the others also gice us their opinion.

What I am seeing right now is that we're at a disadvantage. We can't pressure anyone right now like usual on Day 1 where we point fingers at people randomly and here I was hoping we could actually do a randolynch that Hewitt has pointed out, works. I understand the premise of our info gatherers targeting a single person, Creepin pointed it out and I agree on the basis. However, I also made a point before that I wanted we have multiple avenues of information, if we only target one, we could lose more information. Additionally, the more spread out we do things, the less room the infected can wiggle through. I say we spread the information targets. It would make it easier for us to look out for potential threats. It would be up to their discretion as to who they test and track, I won't give any advice as to whom as any advice I give to them would be too open for the infected to see and they'd plan against it.

Spoiler for :

Can I suggest the Chemist and Researcher target me for the first night? I'll just say right now that the Chemist is going to see that I'm not infected, this proves nothing until they get a positive result but if I'm still alive when that happens we'll have confirmation that I'm not infected. More importantly, I'm usually a prime target for early nightkills and it'd be nice to know that if I die during the first night you guys will at least learn something from it.

Just a suggestion. I'm open to other ideas, even if they choose their targets randomly it'll still be useful for the town.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    What I am seeing right now is that we're at a disadvantage. We can't pressure anyone right now like usual on Day 1 where we point fingers at people randomly and here I was hoping we could actually do a randolynch that Hewitt has pointed out, works.
    I mean honestly I don't know what's stopping you if you want to pressure anyone right now, if that's what you really want. The fact that we can't lynch anyone today doesn't really matter, just say they'll be your target on Day 2. Sure a lot of things might happen on Night 2 but there's no reason for Day 1 events to suddenly be irrelevant after tonight. I'm not doing it right now because I don't have anyone on my radar at the moment and I personally don't want to distract from the topic I've already brought up, but like, if you wanna have a go at someone I think you should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    I understand the premise of our info gatherers targeting a single person, Creepin pointed it out and I agree on the basis. However, I also made a point before that I wanted we have multiple avenues of information, if we only target one, we could lose more information. Additionally, the more spread out we do things, the less room the infected can wiggle through. I say we spread the information targets. It would make it easier for us to look out for potential threats. It would be up to their discretion as to who they test and track, I won't give any advice as to whom as any advice I give to them would be too open for the infected to see and they'd plan against it.
    What part of what Creepin Bro said do you agree with specifically? I think I've addressed his main concern in that even if we put the spotlight on anyone, the Infected will still kill someone tonight and there's literally nothing we can do about it; we don't have any protection roles.

I guess I didn't address his point about the Infected having no risk at killing the marked target if the Infected chose Type I. Honestly, the more I think about it, it would be a pretty stupid idea for the infected to target the marked person if they're Type I, or at all.

If the Infected chose an Infected Normal to attack the marked person -> The Researcher narrows down to two people who's Infected and who's a Chemist
    If the Infected chose an Infected Reckless to attack the marked person -> The Researcher narrows down to two people who's Infected and who's a Chemist
    If the Infected chose an Infected Pretender to attack the marked person -> The Researcher narrows down to two people who's Infected and who's a Chemist
    If the Infected chose an Infected Invisible to attack the marked person -> The Researcher finds out that we're dealing with a Type Invisible because only the Chemist appears to have visited the dead marked person

Regardless of which one they picked, the Researcher gains valuable information if they go after the marked person. If we went ahead and let the Chemist and the Researcher do their own thing, then the fact remains that the Infected still might be able to kill either of them by luck tonight and either of them will still be unable to have that much information unless they're lucky. Controlling the environment makes the information more conclusive.

But okay how about I do another compromise with the plan, we can change it so that [B]the researcher doesn't need to visit the marked person[B] and only the Chemist is obligated to do so. That way, the Infected will not have a 100% free kill tonight if they just chose not to target the marked person because there's still a chance that the Researcher goes for someone else.

I volunteer as tribute
    Exile's fine with it

awesome
    Can I suggest the Chemist and Researcher target me for the first night? I'll just say right now that the Chemist is going to see that I'm not infected, this proves nothing until they get a positive result but if I'm still alive when that happens we'll have confirmation that I'm not infected. More importantly, I'm usually a prime target for early nightkills and it'd be nice to know that if I die during the first night you guys will at least learn something from it.

Just a suggestion. I'm open to other ideas, even if they choose their targets randomly it'll still be useful for the town.
    This seems like a good idea. The only downside I see is if you're infected and a pretender. So this wouldn't totally rule you out as an infected.

But this also does waste a night and give the infected a free kill tonight as smile said. I'm on the fence with this. On the other hand if the chemist and researcher know each other, they can spread out better and target different people and not waste any nights testing the same person in the future.

Thread Information