StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: It's 2020! Let's Play Coronavirus Mafia!

KILL ME
    Last edited by ErrorBlender; 03-21-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Spoiler for :

UPDATE: Ive misread one of the rules concerning Type-R. Infected Nation players take note (and don't reply to this lol):

Previous text: As long as one member of this faction has Type R, the group's nightkill is invincible.

Corrected text: The member with the Type R strain HAS to be the one submitting the nightkill (rather, the Mafia should have a representative killer) in order for their kill to be invincible.

So instead of:

A B, and C are infected. A has Type R
    At night, ABC agrees C kills X.
    C's kill is invincible.

It will not in fact be invincible, because the representative is not A.
    Last edited by Hewitt; 03-22-2020 at 09:31 PM.

The Covid Crisis United Nations Summit Day 1

Minutes of the Meeting:

Participants:
    ErrorBlender, representing the proud nation of New Asgard

Exile, representing the resilient nation of Madagascar

Mantha, representing the obscure nation of Jabberwock Island

Smile, representing the mystical Nation of Islam

Xyskal, representing the massive International Coalition of Nationalists

frNME, representing the unknown nation of Djibouti

Creepin Bro, representing the stalwart nation of Chad

Veir, representing the industrious nation of North Germany

1C2, representing the magical nation of Narnia

Xate, representing the far eastern nation of Vietnam

Agenda:

There will be no executions today.

As the last 10 nations holding out against the virus, today's agenda will be about selecting the proper counter-active roles that this coalition will focus on. Here are the Roles again for your convinience:

Chemist
    - Determines who is infected via SCIENCE!
    - Every night, you may pick 1 player. You will immediately know if that player is Infected or not.

National Guard
    - Stands at the ready and observes who crosses each nation's borders.
    - Every night, you may pick 1 player. You will learn if that nation went to visit another nation in secret, and if yes, which nation they were.

Researcher
    - Studies up the Infected's history to see if any trends exist.
    - Every night, you may pick 1 player. You will learn if there was anyone who targeted them and if yes, which nation they were.

General
    - The General is in charge of calling in an early curfew should the necessity arise.
    - Every night, you may pick 1 player. All that player's activities will cease and be nullified for the night. Lights out!

Doctor
    - Prevents the infection from claiming a life.
    - Every night, you may pick 1 player. If that player is a target of the Infected, they do not die unless it was a Type R.

By the end of 1 IRL Week, you must unanimously decide on TWO Roles that will be randomly assigned to your coalition (to prevent bias).
    Note: I'm just writing for flavor, but know that the Infected nations will never be assigned the roles above.

Once the council has made its decision, please highlight them in Bold RED Text so that I will know that this is the final decision. Once this post is made, I will give a 12-hour grace period for anyone to say otherwise about the decision. For as long as 12 hours hasn't passed since the Red Text Post, I will not be hammering the day.

Timer: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...ment&font=slab

If anyone has any clarifications and questions, I will be on Discord. Don't be afraid to ask.

I'm nominating Chemist and Doctor.

I think Chemist is an obvious choice. While it can be less reliable because of the possibility of Type Pretender, it's the most solid proof that any townie can get (when it's successful). It's also the reason why I think the Infected chose Type Pretender.

Doctor because he can protect the Chemist. In the event that the Chemist chooses to reveal himself, it'd be safer to have a Doctor protect him at night.

Would welcome any input, I didn't think this through that much. If anyone can come up with anything better I'm all ears.

Chemist + Doctor sounds like a good combo to me too.

National Guard + Researcher could be worth considering as well. It's definitely riskier, but I'm willing to bet the infected didn't pick Type Invisible. If that's the case then we'd get two roles that they can't nullify and it would give the town a pretty hefty advantage. Both the chemist and the doctor are awesome roles that I'd like to have but I have a very good feeling one of them will be nullified.

Then again, maybe they picked Type Invisible, in which case Chemist + Doctor would practically be overpowered. But I just don't think that's the case. It's just a hunch, but one that I feel pretty strongly about.

I think Doctor + Chemist would be the strongest combo too. It would be the most effective combination of roles, and as far as I can tell the combination can't really be countered by any of the possible special strains.

As long as those two stay alive, we're basically set as long as we can verify who the chemist is.
    Last edited by Xyskal; 03-23-2020 at 12:53 PM.
    Spoiler for my favorite quote on this entire website.:

I wouldn't exactly say we're set with those two. It's a strong combo only if the infected didn't pick a type that bypasses one of them. I don't think that's very likely. If I were infected the invisible type would be my last choice. Am I the only one?

I think Exile is probably right on this one.
    The Doctor and Chemist seems really really good, but I feel the infected definitely took the roles to beat them.
    My nomination is National Guard + Researcher.

The absolute best case scenario day one for infected would be if they were to get us to pick roles that are absolutely useless in combating the strain that they picked and the only way to accomplish this would be to pick Type Invisible and then have us pick National Guard + Researcher either through pure luck or by convincing us somehow that the infected didn't pick Type I. In this scenario, we would basically picking blind for the rest of the game giving mafia a MASSIVE advantage. Assuming we were to lynch one person every day, UN would have around an 11.4% chance of winning.

Sure National Guard + Researcher is a pretty potent combo but I wouldn't place a blind wager the entire game on this combo during day one especially considering that Type I is only one of three and it's the play that gives infected the best advantage. If your belief that the infected didn't pick Type I is only based on a "hunch" I wouldn't trust it.
    Last edited by frNME; 03-23-2020 at 03:41 PM.

If the Infected chose Invisible, would that mean the National Guard and the Researcher can't detect ALL 3 of the infected? It's what I understand based on the wording on the description, but I'm pretty sure the Strain is supposed to be given to only one Infected. I'll just assume the worst and that it would until Hewitt clarifies it for me.

Type Reckless makes the General and Doctor completely impotent. Same goes for Invisible with National Guard and Researcher. While Pretender is effective against the Chemist, the Chemist can still track down the other 2 Infected. Regardless of the strain the Chemist is still useful which is why I think the Chemist is too valuable to pass up. While I might agree that the Infected are less likely to choose Invisible, I wouldn't say it's impossible and I would still like for the Chemist to be present in the game.

I think a good compromise, if we're to go with the theory that The Infected would least likely choose Invisible, would be a Chemist and Researcher. It's effective against Reckless, even with Pretender it could still track down 2 of the 3 Infected AND the Researcher can still gather information. In the unlikely case that they chose Invisible, at least we still have the Chemist to gather information.

EDIT: Hewitt informed me that the Infected sends one representative to make the kill, so while they could still choose to send an Infected Normal to do the kill, it would really make more sense for them to send the Strain to do the kill which would still make the NG and Researcher useless.
    Last edited by Smile; 03-23-2020 at 06:22 PM.

Thread Information