StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: It's 2020! Let's Play Coronavirus Mafia! | Night 1

Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    Wouldn't that just defeat the purpose of the random choice? We don't want the infected to know who our info-gatherers' targets are.
    Like Creepin Bro said, we don't don't want the infected to know our info-gatherers' targets. I'm still not sure why you're adamant about this, because I honestly don't know how my new suggestion
    Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    But okay how about I do another compromise with the plan, we can change it so that the researcher doesn't need to visit the marked person and only the Chemist is obligated to do so. That way, the Infected will not have a 100% free kill tonight if they just chose not to target the marked person because there's still a chance that the Researcher goes for someone else.
    doesn't satisfy your need of "spreading the information targets." I wish you responded to what I said with this post because right now, what I'm understanding is you want to spread the info gathers thin to make their night actions less reliable and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Xate View Post
    We have to note that Exile may be an Infected, but there’s a 1/3 chance he may be a special Infected with type P. So it’s a 1/9 shot that we’re playing into the Invisible trick.
    Something like that, yeah. Not horrible odds and I commend you guys for being cautious of it, using both roles on an infected type P is about the worst case scenario here.

Quote Originally Posted by frNME View Post
    Well yeah, looking at it as an individual you don't want to be the one to die. But looking at it as a group it doesn't really make a difference. No matter what, someone is going to die. It seems like people highly value your contributions based on previous mafia games but I don't know if that's enough justification to blindly trust you.
    Someone will die no matter what, but we have the opportunity to use our roles in a way that can discourage a specific player from being targeted during the first night. And I have absolutely no reason to think I won't be their first kill.

I guess it depends on whether or not you want me to make it past the early game. I'm fine with picking someone randomly but I don't think the benefits of a random pick outweigh the benefits of pseudo-protection that come with it.

I mean whatever we pick, the chances are still not gonna be 100%. We're still practically gambling here, and while yes, things may go bad in the worst case scenario, I don't see a better idea in here.

You COULD share information EVENTUALLY, but us doing this shouldn't be so that we could have the Chemist and Researcher coordinate. It's for either of them to get the most out of Night 1 so that they can act accordingly depending on the outcome. Having the Researcher contact the Chemist (or vice versa) isn't the objective, it should only be an option that either of them can use if the situation arises.
    I don't see why the chemist and researcher wouldn't contact each other. In the vast majority of the possible scenarios they can safely figure out the identities of each other and if this happens then they can work together for the rest of the game. If they don't contact each other, one of the two is unaware of the identity of the other which may lead to them wasting their power by targeting the other. If they work together from day 2 on they can be much more efficient. No one needs to be revealed for the two to work together. I see no downside.

Also, how about instead of getting Hewitt into this, we actually play the game and make a decision among ourselves? While personally I think it's improbable, it's not impossible that this could be a Type P Exile 4D chess move, so if you don't want it to be him but you don't want volunteers how about we just go with you? [EDIT] I reread this after I posted and it seemed like I was being snarky, which I'm not. I'm legitimately suggesting frNME to be the common target, which I thought would satisfy the problem brought up that having someone volunteer might be a ruse.
    Deciding to choose randomly is still a decision lmao. I'm fine with being the target but the idea was to choose randomly so that everyone knew that the choice could not possibly be influenced by infected. We only have 3 hours to decide according to the timer so we should get our plan straight soon.
    Last edited by frNME; Yesterday at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frNME View Post
    I don't see why the chemist and researcher wouldn't contact each other. In the vast majority of the possible scenarios they can safely figure out the identities of each other and if this happens then they can work together for the rest of the game. If they don't contact each other, one of the two is unaware of the identity of the other which may lead to them wasting their power by targeting the other. If they work together from day 2 on they can be much more efficient. No one needs to be revealed for the two to work together. I see no downside.

Deciding to choose randomly is still a decision lmao. I'm fine with being the target but the idea was to choose randomly so that everyone knew that the choice could not possibly be influenced by infected. We only have 3 hours to decide according to the timer so we should get our plan straight soon.
    The downside, as you've pointed out in the same post I replied to, was that the Chemist could make false assumptions. It would only be reliable if it's only the Researcher that makes the initial contact. If we'd agree that the Chemist shouldn't be the one to initiate, then I guess you're right.

Deciding to choose randomly is a decision, but having Hewitt to roll a dice for us is asking him to meddle in the game too much. We could also just decide to have him roll a dice everyday to decide who to lynch and we might as well not be here.

Though if Hewitt decides to end the Day sometime today, then the plan's probably a bust anyway. It needed a unanimous agreement and seeing as how we still haven't decided who to pick and there are still people who haven't even reacted to it, I guess nothing's come out of that in terms of night action thanks to the lack of activity from everyone.

The Covid Crisis United Nations Summit Day 1 - Evening

Minutes of the Meeting:

Participants:
    ErrorBlender, representing the proud nation of New Asgard

Exile, representing the resilient nation of Madagascar

Mantha, representing the obscure nation of Jabberwock Island

Smile, representing the mystical Nation of Islam

Xyskal, representing the massive International Coalition of Nationalists

frNME, representing the unknown nation of Djibouti

Creepin Bro, representing the stalwart nation of Chad

Veir, representing the industrious nation of North Germany

1C2, representing the magical nation of Narnia

Xate, representing the far eastern nation of Vietnam

Topics Discussed:

There will be no executions today.

The Alliance, as nominated by Smile has decided that the following roles are to be chosen in order to counteract the virus:

Chemist
    - Determines who is infected via SCIENCE!
    - Every night, you may pick 1 player. You will immediately know if that player is Infected or not.

Researcher
    - Studies up the Infected's history to see if any trends exist.
    - Every night, you may pick 1 player. You will learn if there was anyone who targeted them and if yes, which nation they were.

The Arbiter (me) has already dealt these roles out at random. We have now entered:

The Covid Crisis United Nations Summit Night 1

United Nations with the 2 roles: Submit your targets now.

Infected: Submit your representative and the one who's doing the killing.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread Information