StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: New to the forums, have animations

Sk8ingjenius

New to the forums, have animations

I've messed with pivot off and on casually for a year or two now, and discovered this site a few days ago. I figured I'd join and post some of my animations.
    This was my first animation. pretty choppy, and physics are a bit off, but i thought it was okay for a first try.

This is one i made while in a drafting class whenever i got done with work. It technically took almost a whole semester, but that was only working on it 5-10 min at a time while talking with friends.

I made this one a few days ago in between internet sites loading.

let me know what you all think and what I need to improve on.

Low/Med Begginer Yes pivotfreak747's Avatar
    needs a lot of work on movements and choppyness also practice the basics ex. waking running
    IMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMM
    Bak

Do you really use pivot for a year?

All of them were slow,on the first one there were bad physics,and it was very stiff,the second it was very stiff too,crappy running,but physics were better,and on the 3rd it was stiff,but pretty good.

I hope you know what easing. stiffness, choppyness is, or else you're probably not going to understand what anyone tells you here about your animations.

The first one was way choppy, add more frames and don't use skateboards yet, they're actually pretty hard to animate well. The second animation, again choppy, and lacks easing. (Well it really can't have good easing without smoothness, so go for smoothness first.) The third was the least choppiest, but it lacks easing. Good fora first, second, third, or whatever that was.

Just work on stiffness, smoothness, and basic movements. No need to do anything fancy yet.

Da' Hatta
    I still can't figure out how to post animations.:Embarrassed:

Da' Hatta
    I just started pivot but i already have made several animations. I just need to figure out how to post them.

Da hatta this is not the place to ask Q's

@anim:

1st teh worst

2cd the best

3rd teh one with the treasure chest.

Quote Originally Posted by =Rock= View Post
    3rd teh one with the treasure chest.
    Um...what ?

Sk8ingjenius.

Enough said.
    Though it was not a great to how for some. We really aspired to include hills over this to be. Why would shall never know? Of course!

I would read up on some tutorials that doesn't look like a years work in Pivot it looks like and hour.

Brawl Code:5455-9070-0448
    System Code: 0825-2762-6820-2722
    http://shadowace3400.deviantart.com/
    ^Comment on my art :]^

Thread Information