StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Marijuana Legalization

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    It isn't yours or the governments right to decide that one thing is "better" than another, who cares if they waste their money, its THEIR money. Its fully within their rights to possess and use marijuana privately.
    Funny, I said exactly that in my original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudeman View Post
    I agree mostly.

In order for this to work the government must provide a good quality drug that is competitive in pricing. The entire idea is that the government can completely downplay the illegal market, rake in the cash and still provide a safe product.

One problem that would probably arrive is that the illegal market will start to sell weed with significantly higher THC content. With the already unstable nature of the drug world (cough mexico), the black market will get competitive after it's legalized unlike the prohibition era.

In theory, it sounds good. Yes, yes one love we get it. I'm worried about the implementation of this industry. Simply making it legal wouldn't solve any problems itself. The government should work on the economy for now and come up with a solid plan later.
    Absolutely agreed. We have so many bigger concerns right now than the "drug war."

APS = Awesome Per Second RawGreen's Avatar
    go to California and claim you have cancer so you can legally get it, lolz.

but yeah, if they ever do, it'll be for at least age 21 and up. Though it IS a number one source for police's income.

EDIT: @ Dragon⁰⁷⁷, your attitude is the same as that guy on house(like in your avatar).

:Quicklinks:
    Deviant Art
    Soundcloud
    RHGladiator
    Animating since 2007

I agree mostly.

In order for this to work the government must provide a good quality drug that is competitive in pricing. The entire idea is that the government can completely downplay the illegal market, rake in the cash and still provide a safe product.

One problem that would probably arrive is that the illegal market will start to sell weed with significantly higher THC content. With the already unstable nature of the drug world (cough mexico), the black market will get competitive after it's legalized unlike the prohibition era.

In theory, it sounds good. Yes, yes one love we get it. I'm worried about the implementation of this industry. Simply making it legal wouldn't solve any problems itself. The government should work on the economy for now and come up with a solid plan later.
    By legalizing weed, the government IS working on the economy.

"The only pic i ever got myself in the yearbook was when i was in the background picking up trash for detention"

Quote Originally Posted by Narcotic Jew View Post
    By legalizing weed, the government IS working on the economy.
    It's working around the real problem. This recession started out of the housing market and infected the banks. American industries are also hurting.

We should be fixing our problems and preventing them from happening again before we invest in future industries.

It's working around the real problem. This recession started out of the housing market and infected the banks. American industries are also hurting.

We should be fixing our problems and preventing them from happening again before we invest in future industries.
    I agree with Dudeman.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon⁰⁷⁷ View Post
    I don't like the idea of legalizing it simply because it is a waste of money. It serves little usable purpose when you buy it and it just sends our dollars to Paraguay or Mexico or some other country. I'd rather we use our money on useful items, not just on "fluff" that both isn't healthy and isn't productive at all.
    l
    I understand that as a private citizen you have the right to spend money on whatever you want, but to me it seems like such a waste. Imagine what you could buy if you didn't spend hundreds on weed.

This isn't an issue I feel very strongly about, so don't expect me to get up in arms and debate it.
    Fluff? Really, you aren't aware of the health benefits that it has if you has many various medical problems. Not to mention the insane cash crop of hemp which will also be legalized, seriously this is n insane amount of money we could make on hemp alone. Also the price of herb is so expensive because of the illegality of it, it's basically inflation with no reason. So when it get's legalized the prices will drop significantly. Also why are you under the impression that we would be importing it from across the border? We are perfectly capable of making enough by our own thankyouverymuch, we won't have to import it.
    I agree mostly.

Yup that's the idea, and it's easily accomplished.

We have had this plant for more than 2000 years, the cartel can't all of a sudden make vastly higher thc count in the plants. It wouldn't matter anyways, people won't play the inflated price that the cartels want because thats what they are used to and they won't make a profit when the people on the street can get legal and cheap cannabis with the same amount of thc.

This is a solid plan, what everyone seems to be forgetting is that with the legalization of cannabis is also the legalization of hemp. Which if you know if a crop that can be used to make pretty much anything, which would be a huuuuge boost to our economy.
    Funny, I said exactly that in my original post.

Absolutely agreed. We have so many bigger concerns right now than the "drug war."
    With over 20 million being arrested , most for simple possession I think this is a big concern. We are also wasting a shitton of money each year on this drug war which isn't making any effect at all in the first place.

I just woke up like 30 seconds ago so I might add crap that I can't think of later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmonaut View Post
    Fluff? Really, you aren't aware of the health benefits that it has if you has many various medical problems. Not to mention the insane cash crop of hemp which will also be legalized, seriously this is n insane amount of money we could make on hemp alone. Also the price of herb is so expensive because of the illegality of it, it's basically inflation with no reason. So when it get's legalized the prices will drop significantly. Also why are you under the impression that we would be importing it from across the border? We are perfectly capable of making enough by our own thankyouverymuch, we won't have to import it.

Yup that's the idea, and it's easily accomplished.

We have had this plant for more than 2000 years, the cartel can't all of a sudden make vastly higher thc count in the plants. It wouldn't matter anyways, people won't play the inflated price that the cartels want because thats what they are used to and they won't make a profit when the people on the street can get legal and cheap cannabis with the same amount of thc.

This is a solid plan, what everyone seems to be forgetting is that with the legalization of cannabis is also the legalization of hemp. Which if you know if a crop that can be used to make pretty much anything, which would be a huuuuge boost to our economy.

With over 20 million being arrested , most for simple possession I think this is a big concern. We are also wasting a shitton of money each year on this drug war which isn't making any effect at all in the first place.

I just woke up like 30 seconds ago so I might add crap that I can't think of later.
    Uh, I never said we should put druggies in jail. I'm actually very much against that, it costs so much money.

And whether we import it from across the border or not (we almost certainly would, outsourcing), it is still a waste of money for the common man. Just like Alcohol and Tobacco. I'm not saying Alcohol and Tobacco should be banned, but why add another useless commodity for our citizens to waste money on?

Banned
    pot makes people happy
    happy people work harder

legalize marijuana.

Uh, I never said we should put druggies in jail. I'm actually very much against that, it costs so much money.

And whether we import it from across the border or not (we almost certainly would, outsourcing), it is still a waste of money for the common man. Just like Alcohol and Tobacco. I'm not saying Alcohol and Tobacco should be banned, but why add another useless commodity?
    It might be a waste of money for you but its not a waste of money for many potheads out there. You're acting as if your opinion is better than everyone's elses. Stop it.

"The only pic i ever got myself in the yearbook was when i was in the background picking up trash for detention"

Banned

And whether we import it from across the border or not (we almost certainly would, outsourcing), it is still a waste of money for the common man. Just like Alcohol and Tobacco. I'm not saying Alcohol and Tobacco should be banned, but why add another useless commodity for our citizens to waste money on?
    Aw come one dude, "druggies" really? that's kinda insulting you know. Also because of that it makes you seem very biased.

How is it a waste of money for the common man? Yeah there are tons of shit that we have that we don't need, but do we keep them banned because we don't need it? No that's ridiculous, and how is it a waste of money? With all the people who use it solely for medicinal use how can you call it a waste? Really I am baffled by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
    pot makes people happy
    happy people work harder

legalize marijuana.
    Actually in some places it's encouraged that people smoke a bit of reefer while working.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information