StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 87

Thread: Marijuana Legalization

  1. #21
    The patient is LYING. Ash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    World 1-1 -----------Lives: 3
    Posts
    5,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcotic Jew View Post
    That's a dumb reason to support the legalization and taxation of the plant cannabis sativa.

    You're pretty much saying that if alcohol was made illegal, then cannabis should also be illegal.
    Not really. Alcohol being worse than cannibis, there is no reason for cannibis to remain illegal when something even worse is legal. This does not mean, however, that if alcohol is made illegal that something not quite so bad should be made illegal as well.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Narcotic Jew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Gotham City (crime get)
    Posts
    1,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Not really. Alcohol being worse than cannibis, there is no reason for cannibis to remain illegal when something even worse is legal. This does not mean, however, that if alcohol is made illegal that something not quite so bad should be made illegal as well.
    Oh alright, I guess I just misunderstood you.

    "The only pic i ever got myself in the yearbook was when i was in the background picking up trash for detention"

  3. #23
    The patient is LYING. Ash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    World 1-1 -----------Lives: 3
    Posts
    5,214
    What I love about these kinds of discussions is that sometimes there'll be some guy that thinks its smart to say "Well, if you've never smoked it, then how can you say it should be legalized?"

    Because that means that they have to have smoked it to say it should remain illegal.

  4. #24
    I don't like the idea of legalizing it simply because it is a waste of money. It serves little usable purpose when you buy it and it just sends our dollars to Paraguay or Mexico or some other country. I'd rather we use our money on useful items, not just on "fluff" that both isn't healthy and isn't productive at all.

    I understand that as a private citizen you have the right to spend money on whatever you want, but to me it seems like such a waste. Imagine what you could buy if you didn't spend hundreds on weed.

    This isn't an issue I feel very strongly about, so don't expect me to get up in arms and debate it.

  5. #25
    The patient is LYING. Ash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    World 1-1 -----------Lives: 3
    Posts
    5,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon⁰⁷⁷ View Post
    I don't like the idea of legalizing it simply because it is a waste of money. It serves little usable purpose when you buy it and it just sends our dollars to Paraguay or Mexico or some other country. I'd rather we use our money on useful items, not just on "fluff" that both isn't healthy and isn't productive at all.

    I understand that as a private citizen you have the right to spend money on whatever you want, but to me it seems like such a waste. Imagine what you could buy if you didn't spend hundreds on weed.

    This isn't an issue I feel very strongly about, so don't expect me to get up in arms and debate it.
    As of now, the money is going to Mexico BECAUSE it's illegal. If the government legalizes weed, then they can tax it the same way they tax Tobacco, thus creating revenue for the US. Furthermore, they can place regulations on its usage, and soon the quality and safety of weed would skyrocket.

  6. #26
    For England, James. Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Tigers Gang
    Posts
    3,202
    Illegal in public places, legal for private use.
    "And by the way, I did think about asking you to join my little scheme but somehow I knew, 007's loyalty was always to the mission, never to his friend."

  7. #27
    seasonal poster STUFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Concrete Jungle
    Posts
    3,106
    Sure, marijuana should be made legal. That way, the hardcore badasses who smoke it to show off won't have anything to show off about.

  8. #28
    The Batdude Dudeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sexyville
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon⁰⁷⁷ View Post
    I don't like the idea of legalizing it simply because it is a waste of money. It serves little usable purpose when you buy it and it just sends our dollars to Paraguay or Mexico or some other country. I'd rather we use our money on useful items, not just on "fluff" that both isn't healthy and isn't productive at all.

    I understand that as a private citizen you have the right to spend money on whatever you want, but to me it seems like such a waste. Imagine what you could buy if you didn't spend hundreds on weed.

    This isn't an issue I feel very strongly about, so don't expect me to get up in arms and debate it.
    I agree mostly.

    In order for this to work the government must provide a good quality drug that is competitive in pricing. The entire idea is that the government can completely downplay the illegal market, rake in the cash and still provide a safe product.

    One problem that would probably arrive is that the illegal market will start to sell weed with significantly higher THC content. With the already unstable nature of the drug world (cough mexico), the black market will get competitive after it's legalized unlike the prohibition era.

    In theory, it sounds good. Yes, yes one love we get it. I'm worried about the implementation of this industry. Simply making it legal wouldn't solve any problems itself. The government should work on the economy for now and come up with a solid plan later.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St.Louis, MO
    Posts
    997
    Although I have never smoked pot or eaten it before, I'm totally for it to be legalized. As Ash and others have stated before me that If they Legalized weed, It would prove to bring an insane amount of income to the States. Although precautions will be taken most likely to the use of it in public. I stand by the reasoning that the use of Tobacco and Alcohol is worse than the use of Weed.

  10. #30
    For England, James. Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Tigers Gang
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon⁰⁷⁷ View Post
    I don't like the idea of legalizing it simply because it is a waste of money. It serves little usable purpose when you buy it and it just sends our dollars to Paraguay or Mexico or some other country. I'd rather we use our money on useful items, not just on "fluff" that both isn't healthy and isn't productive at all.

    I understand that as a private citizen you have the right to spend money on whatever you want, but to me it seems like such a waste. Imagine what you could buy if you didn't spend hundreds on weed.

    This isn't an issue I feel very strongly about, so don't expect me to get up in arms and debate it.
    It isn't yours or the governments right to decide that one thing is "better" than another, who cares if they waste their money, its THEIR money. Its fully within their rights to possess and use marijuana privately.
    "And by the way, I did think about asking you to join my little scheme but somehow I knew, 007's loyalty was always to the mission, never to his friend."

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •