StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stickpage TD

How about your tower IS StickpagePortal?
    My Steam account is omgRaffi. I mostly play Left 4 Dead/2 and Team Fortress 2 and I can also play Counter Strike: Source.
    [url=http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Sir%20Rave]You like zombie? I like zombie.[/url

I know this would be stealing from many other TD games, but bash towers are great. (Bash towers hit the immediate area around them and deal a huge amount of damage, with a chance of stun on the enemy, but go really slowly)
    I think there should also be a crap tower, where it is really cheap, and does a lot of damage, but sucks at upgrading and isn't good after the first couple levels. Another tower would be one that sucks the first bunch of upgrades, but then has one upgrade where it gets like, 6 times better or something.

Quote Originally Posted by LN3uq View Post
    I think I'm going to go on warcraft and play some tds right now, in fact.

I made an earth tower, or an idea for one at least.
    the projectile could be something like this
    http://www.swfup.com/file/164085

and the tower would look like this maybe
    http://www.swfup.com/file/164089
    Very nice! I take it you have played Element TD 4.0. I like the style. I'm not sure if I could imitate it, but I do like it.

Quote Originally Posted by SSOutPhase View Post
    Cool designs already! I've enjoyed TD games and I'd like to see what you'll make.

But uh...I guess its just a coincidence that can be abbreviated, "STD"?
    No, I did that on purpose. Glad you caught it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noob_of_doom View Post
    I know this would be stealing from many other TD games, but bash towers are great. (Bash towers hit the immediate area around them and deal a huge amount of damage, with a chance of stun on the enemy, but go really slowly)
    I think there should also be a crap tower, where it is really cheap, and does a lot of damage, but sucks at upgrading and isn't good after the first couple levels. Another tower would be one that sucks the first bunch of upgrades, but then has one upgrade where it gets like, 6 times better or something.
    I have already decided to include bash towers. They are nothing new and therefore it wouldn't be stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudeman. View Post
    Cool.

Do you mind uploading some examples of the towers and turrets? I just want to see what your art style is so I don't through off the style. I'm kind of interested in making something for fun.
    Lol, well my basic turret was a place marker in the layout image up top. The way I wanted it to work was that all the towers you can build are selectable from that bottom h.u.d. As I haven't decided if I want to go elemental or not, I just drew a little cannon in a square. It will be changed.

Yeah, it's one of my favorite games on warcraft, I'd say.

I can always make some changes to it if it doesn't fit the style

For the creeps you could use active members of the forum or mods/admins/NTF and let them draw thier own creep to represent them if they wish and are capable of making it look decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpioxxx View Post
    For the creeps you could use active members of the forum or mods/admins/NTF and let them draw thier own creep to represent them if they wish and are capable of making it look decent.
    Sounds like a good idea, but I still want other people to input their ideas as well.

As a general guideline, how big on the map will the towers be?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpioxxx View Post
    As a general guideline, how big on the map will the towers be?
    Not that big at all...

Make the towers = mods, admins
    thanks < Power_Fuse0
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifts View Post
    ...the only criticism i would have is that Xelectriod should be hit with more impact...

I'll need Ln3uq to back me up, but I think I'm going to use stickfigures are the towers and aliens as the runners. The stick figure towers will be a melee race to start off with. Ln3uq if you have played Wintermaul Wars then you should understand. The towers have a low range but attack as creeps walk past them. This is a very effective tower unit and can be upgraded for speed and damage. After you get enough money you can build stickfigure base ranged towers that hold bows and arrows or something like that... probably guns because it is easier to draw. So, because I'm doing stickfigure towers I don't need designs for the actual towers. I'm just in need of alien (monster, creeps, runner are all the same thing) designs.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information