StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: FL Studio Project Recovery

FL Studio Project Recovery

For those who can't be bothered to read my infomercial-esque scenario and would just rather get to the point, this might fix your corrupt FLPs.

Thought this would be best hear since this is the original music section and the majority of users in hear use FL.

Anyway, I decided I'd post this resource for those who, like me, sometimes get a bit careless and forget to backup your files. Say you were loading some VST effect. At the same time, billions of other windows were open in the background for all the other shit you were doing at that time. Your computer decides it can't take the mess, so it involuntarily crashes one of the programs that's using the most memory. That program happens to be FL. At that moment, you were saving a project your were working on in FL which means the piece of shit crashed on you in midsave. You, being the ironically paranoid person you are, decided to check back to see whether it saved or not because FL hasn't really been known to close out right after you save unless you save on exit. Low and behold, to your dismay, you get a pleasant little message telling you how your file can't open because a plugin is causing some kind of an error or your file is corrupt. You assume the worst thinking that all of your hard work is lost and now need to start all over again. Well don't hit that "New" button just yet.

FLP Recovery, yeah!

With a quick Google search, I found this program, along with a few others methods, but this one ended up being the only one that worked especially considering I tried image-line's crappy little recovery program. So I'm posting this just so that you don't get spun around on Google getting mislead by people telling you "you should've backed up, jackass" because they were too lazy themselves to look the answer up.

Another method for those who know anything about hex editing would be this one: http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3577

Apparently this one only works if you have a damaged header.

But yeah, I just thought I'd throw those out for you guys since it helped me a couple days ago when I thought I was fucked. I'll leave this thread open for those who recommend other methods or for those who tried these and still couldn't get their FLP to work.

Actually there's a few .flp's that don't open for me, I might try this.

Nice find.

Nice achievement....Thank you
    MARK

Thread Information