StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 673 of 675 FirstFirst ... 173573623663669670671672673674675 LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,730 of 6744

Thread: The Anime/manga thread (+ recommendations!)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    The CG animation style, art, soundtrack, sfx... I can overlook all of that to a degree. Especially considering that I know I'm nitpicking to a degree since I'm used to regular anime.

I can't, however, overlook skipping an entire plot arc. Given that, it's hard for me to say it's faithful to the source at all. I can't overlook constant disorienting camera pans, awkward shot angles, and janky stiff movements, either. It's just poor quality work. It's bizzarre that one of the most successful manga of all time has to endure this kind of mangling. Why the fuck does the director of Teekyu have anything to do with Berserk in the first place, anyway? Stick to your cute-girls-doing-cute-things you fucking hack.
    In other news, I think Overlord is getting a second season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    One of these days I'm going to punch you right in the throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    In other news, I think Overlord is getting a second season.
    Yeah, that it is. Sasuga Ainz-sama.

Yeah, that it is. Sasuga Ainz-sama.
    I wasn't a huge fan of the first one since I largely thought it was a wasted opportunity; it didn't really explore in many ways what an overlord position is like. I like the concept since it provides a niche title with a unique main character, but s1 didn't exploit it well enough.

I read into the manga though, and it seems more promising in that regard. So s2 has me more interested than I was before.

The CG animation style, art, soundtrack, sfx... I can overlook all of that to a degree. Especially considering that I know I'm nitpicking to a degree since I'm used to regular anime.

I can't, however, overlook skipping an entire plot arc. Given that, it's hard for me to say it's faithful to the source at all. I can't overlook constant disorienting camera pans, awkward shot angles, and janky stiff movements, either. It's just poor quality work. It's bizzarre that one of the most successful manga of all time has to endure this kind of mangling. Why the fuck does the director of Teekyu have anything to do with Berserk in the first place, anyway? Stick to your cute-girls-doing-cute-things you fucking hack.
    It is faithful to what it covered, but yeah I guess it did skip that one arc. You're right about the bad CG too.

They just didn't bother me that much lmao

DBS 86 recap: Half the people were saying android 17 is badass the other half saying omg why can he fight ssb Goku?

I think SSB Goku was sandbagging, I mean even Krillin can get some in when Goku isn't going all out. But it's obvious there's a power level increase that's going unaccounted for here...I still appreciated the animation and the storyline wasn't that cringy for what is essentially stalling.

Ultimately bullshit power-ups are all over dragon ball.. Ultra Divine Water anyone? Mystic Gohan anyone? What matters is that android 17 seems to consistently be in rad battles.

Well, it depends how you define big. Like it's certainly relevant and helps develop the setting and characters, but I don't think I'd define it as historical. S2 is not historical at all.
    Yeah watched the first ep and I'm not sure why it had a historical tag, it was traditional, but not historical.

I'm pretty sure that was me, not Smile.

I have.
    How did you find it? I know you didn't like Your Lie in April and I thought the two had a lot of similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    Nah I love it now. I'm pretty sure I've already said so even before you turned ghost. Raptor's the only one who dislikes Toradora now.
    This is news to me!

So today I saw A Silent Voice, I really liked it, but some asshole was chopping onions in the cinema and was being really inconsiderate of my manliness. Would recommend but the mango's better imo.
    "Just floating along"

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    It is faithful to what it covered, but yeah I guess it did skip that one arc. You're right about the bad CG too.

They just didn't bother me that much lmao
    I'm just salty that Berserk still doesn't have a decent anime adaptation.

Yeah watched the first ep and I'm not sure why it had a historical tag, it was traditional, but not historical.
    First episode is nothing like the rest of the series. The majority of s1 takes place during the WWII era.

So today I saw A Silent Voice, I really liked it, but some asshole was chopping onions in the cinema and was being really inconsiderate of my manliness. Would recommend but the mango's better imo.
    Mangos.

Is it online?

Is it online?
    Probs a dodgy version or something, but I heard something about the BR release being in a few months so it might be worth waiting for it to pop up after then.
    "Just floating along"

Probs a dodgy version or something, but I heard something about the BR release being in a few months so it might be worth waiting for it to pop up after then.
    I can't believe you're okay with that kind of quality.

Thread Information