StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 175 of 675 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 6744

Thread: The Anime/manga thread (+ recommendations!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tun3 View Post
    Lol nearly all anime these days use some kind of db reference. It wouldn't be a shock if one piece did too
    I guess youre right about that :I

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGeneralChaos View Post
    wait....will there be more chicks O_O lol....Toka is and will still be best ;D also..what actually happened to the one with this "clock-eye".....
    Yes there will be more chicks lmao, Tohka idk i prefer more Yoshino <33333 also "Kurumi" the one you are asking she dissapeared only, but she will be back ofc.

The Annoying, Loud, and Black part of Philly
    Been watching the Yozakura Quartet ~Hana No Uta~ and holy shit it's so fucking cool.
    Kotoha is mah waifu

Quote Originally Posted by Jutsu View Post
    Y'all talking about a bunch of anime I haven't heard of.

But damn, so many of you haven't even seen trigun, bebop or akira.

What's your favorite anime?
    Personally, my most favorite is Samurai Champloo. It has great action scenes and a very interesting storyline.
    FLCL is pretty cool too, though it didn't make that much sense and the series only has like six episode.
    And Space Dandy is a pretty good new anime too. I'm looking forward to watching more of it.

Also, I want to see Cowboy Bebop so fucking badly.

Cowboy Bebop is more solid than Samurai Champloo in my opinion, though admittedly I like the characters in Champloo more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    One of these days I'm going to punch you right in the throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Cowboy Bebop is more solid than Samurai Champloo in my opinion, though admittedly I like the characters in Champloo more.
    Same actually, Samurai Champloo has a good old school art style for me.

EDIT: I seen some rumors that Akame ga Kill! will have an anime finally, is it true? Cuz if it is I'll be excited.
    Last edited by Mental; 01-21-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal2 View Post
    EDIT: I seen some rumors that Akame ga Kill! will have an anime finally, is it true? Cuz if it is I'll be excited.
    It looks like it.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-gets-tv-anime

Ever since Hewitt started his 'rank 50 indie games' thread, I've been wanting to do something similar with anime. So as I only have about a month until I go back to uni, it looks like it's going to be now or never.
    So would this be something that the regulars here would enjoy? Users submitting and then me reviewing/ranking around 15-20 titles. Personally I think it could be fun, I get to watch a whole bunch of possibly new shows (some of which I probably would never watch), and hopefully it could spark up some nice conversations when you all tell me my opinions are wrong.

So if this seems like a nice idea, let me know, and I'll think up some rules for submitting entries. But if you think it's silly, let me know, I don't really want to review 20 shows if no one here really cares lol.

Ever since Hewitt started his 'rank 50 indie games' thread, I've been wanting to do something similar with anime. So as I only have about a month until I go back to uni, it looks like it's going to be now or never.
    So would this be something that the regulars here would enjoy? Users submitting and then me reviewing/ranking around 15-20 titles. Personally I think it could be fun, I get to watch a whole bunch of possibly new shows (some of which I probably would never watch), and hopefully it could spark up some nice conversations when you all tell me my opinions are wrong.

So if this seems like a nice idea, let me know, and I'll think up some rules for submitting entries. But if you think it's silly, let me know, I don't really want to review 20 shows if no one here really cares lol.
    I actually agreed, but seems that the majory of this thread should see first about it.

It looks like it.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-gets-tv-anime

I agree to this. But I'll like it to be more like the Rate The User thread.

It generally goes like this; people suggest anime, and you pick the 20 anime that you'd like to rate. And then, you'll let the the spectators reviews of the anime that you titled. And then, you start rating them yourself.

But if you want it to be like the indie games thread, I'm fine with it.
    Spoiler for kankanmikan:

I considered doing it that way, but it largely depends on how many people are keen.
    If only 3-5 people want to participate and submit entries I'll probably do it like the indie game thread, releasing two reviews every few days after I'm finished (and hopefully getting some convos).

But if more than 5 people like the idea and they think watching/reviewing/chatting about some submitted titles would be fun, then to start off with, I will list two shows I'm about to watch, I will then announce that I'm finished those titles and people can then review or rate those two titles (I will also list the next two I'm watching). It'll continue like this until I'm done, and then I'll release my reviews and ranks (probably two every few days) and we can see how my ranks are different from the threads.

But I'm going to wait about five days before I make a decision, I want to see if people are keen, and I might speak to Raptor, Azura or Hewitt about whether I should keep it here (which I would prefer) or if it deserves it's own thread.

Thread Information