StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 328 of 676 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338378428 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 6756

Thread: The Anime/manga thread (+ recommendations!)

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    I actually prefer English dubbed Yugioh compared to Japanese dubbed, but that's just me.
    I've never actually heard the japanese dub of yugio, so I can't really say anything good or bad about it
    H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶ _! H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶_

H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶ _! H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶_

What exactly is Legend of Korra? Is Avatar and this whole thing really good? I've mostly ignored it due to lack of time and interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    One of these days I'm going to punch you right in the throat.

I love Terror in Resonance and all, but the recent English dubbed scenes are hilariously bad.
    What is this Terror in Resonance?! Why won't any of you tell me what it's about?!

In other news, there's this show I'm watch has some of the worst Engrish I've ever heard. Really, if you're going to have a main character who speaks English cast someone who can speak decent English, if you're going to have American characters who speak English call up Funi and get some extras to do your lines, or pull a native English speaker off the street, I dunno, but do something, having an American military man not being able to pronounce their L's kills all believability.

Fifth is best girl.
    "Just floating along"

Just going to dump this here....

So I quickly wrote the first part of a list of manga that I'd recommend people read, starting with action. This is aimed to both people who have and haven't read manga or even touched anything Japanese in their life. I was bored so I wrote some of it. (You can tell I ran out of steam by the last one.)
    Spoiler for Action:

Feedback is appreciated by the way.
    Last edited by Raptor; 08-24-2014 at 02:28 AM.

Seems cool, if this is something you want to do for a fair few genres you might as well chuck them up on the first post. A bit more paragraphing and having spaces between those paragraphs might make it a bit easier to read seeing as you're writing a fair bit for some of them (but that just might be me and my poor reading).

Some links to MAL might also be nice. Bitches love links to MAL.
    "Just floating along"

Seems cool, if this is something you want to do for a fair few genres you might as well chuck them up on the first post. A bit more paragraphing and having spaces between those paragraphs might make it a bit easier to read seeing as you're writing a fair bit for some of them (but that just might be me and my poor reading).

Some links to MAL might also be nice. Bitches love links to MAL.
    Literally all you have to do is type the name of the manga in google and put mal next to it and its the first thing that comes up lol. I might proofread a bit more, but most of the paragraphs I wrote are pretty short in general aside for the one in Berserk. I'll edit them later.

Literally all you have to do is type the name of the manga in google and put mal next to it and its the first thing that comes up lol.
    You underestimate how lazy people are.

But I thought you were aiming this at all people, which would include people that aren't aware of sites like MAL or what they offer, a simple 'more info here' might actually help a fair few people.
    "Just floating along"

You underestimate how lazy people are.

But I thought you were aiming this at all people, which would include people that aren't aware of sites like MAL or what they offer, a simple 'more info here' might actually help a fair few people.
    Good point. Maybe I'll just slap that on top of everything as just a good reference site. Actually, it might be a good idea to link sites to anime/manga stuff in general.

Linking to anime/manga resources is probably helpful but seeing as most people have their preferred way of watching stuff (a favorite streaming site or downloading) it doesn't make much sense to link to a site unless you want to back it for any particular reason.
    "Just floating along"

It doesn't hurt.

Thread Information