StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 332 of 676 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342382432 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 6757

Thread: The Anime/manga thread (+ recommendations!)

  1. #3311
    Wait... What? Youwishjellyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,875
    I think it's more a personal problem that I have with shows that I think lack focus, or maybe it's just me getting old and crotchety, I mean there isn't anything wrong with the lighthearted comdic moments but instead of finding them endearing I just get frustrated and want the story to get on with it.

    That said, it's not nearly as bad as Dusk Maiden of Amnesia where they would kill any and all build up by flipping between it's tones at the wrong time.


    Also, catch up on Aldnoah, I want to bitch...
    "Just floating along"

  2. #3312
    Junior Memeber Smile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    5,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    EDIT: So I'm fairly certain that I'm not at the feels part yet, but I wills say that Clannad AS has gotten substantially better after they got away from the whole school thing.
    That's nice to hear. Maybe watch a couple more episodes for today?



    Maybe until ep 22?

  3. #3313
    I prefer the air Raptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Send Food
    Posts
    5,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    I think it's more a personal problem that I have with shows that I think lack focus, or maybe it's just me getting old and crotchety, I mean there isn't anything wrong with the lighthearted comdic moments but instead of finding them endearing I just get frustrated and want the story to get on with it.
    Oh yeah it definitely has some focus issues. At certain times, it fluctuates from one kind of Romance to another to straight up being close to an action thriller at times. It kind of gets caught up in the flow and I get the feeling occasionally that it doesn't know what it wants to be.

    That being said, it's not a large enough problem that keeps me away from it. It's still very watchable imo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    Also, catch up on Aldnoah, I want to bitch...
    I'm already caught up lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    That's nice to hear. Maybe watch a couple more episodes for today?



    Maybe until ep 22?
    I'm planning to marathon it right now, though I probably won't get farther than three episodes haha. If I finish early, I'll watch Bebop as a reward.
    Last edited by Raptor; 08-25-2014 at 08:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    One of these days I'm going to punch you right in the throat.

  4. #3314
    Junior Memeber Smile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    5,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    I'm planning to marathon it right now, though I probably won't get farther than three episodes haha.
    ... depending on up to which episode "three" ends up on.

  5. #3315
    Wait... What? Youwishjellyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Oh yeah it definitely has some focus issues. At certain times, it fluctuates from one kind of Romance to another to straight up being close to an action thriller at times. It kind of gets caught up in the flow and I get the feeling occasionally that it doesn't know what it wants to be.

    That being said, it's not a large enough problem that keeps me away from it. It's still very watchable imo.
    Yeah, so far it's an okay time waster, but I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

    I'm already caught up lol
    Dude....
    Spoiler for Aldnoah, stuff up to ep 8:


    I want my mother fucking politics!
    "Just floating along"

  6. #3316
    I prefer the air Raptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Send Food
    Posts
    5,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    Dude....
    Spoiler for Aldnoah, stuff up to ep 8:
    I'm laughing so hard right now.

    Spoiler for Aldnoah:
    Spoiler for sigh:


    Spoiler for Aldnoah:
    Spoiler for Aldnoah:


    Spoiler for Aldnoah:
    Spoiler for Aldnoah:


    Spoiler for Aldnoah:
    Spoiler for Aldnoah:
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    One of these days I'm going to punch you right in the throat.

  7. #3317
    Wait... What? Youwishjellyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Spoiler for sigh:
    Spoiler for no it's stupid:



    Spoiler for Aldnoah:
    If they some how stretch this out over 24 episodes and don't take the story past 'mech battles of the week' I'm gonna have to punch someone out. I was promised a deep sophisticated story... Where is it?!

    Spoiler for Aldnoah:
    Spoiler for :


    Spoiler for Aldnoah:
    Don't you fucking dare!
    "Just floating along"

  8. #3318
    I prefer the air Raptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Send Food
    Posts
    5,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    Spoiler for no it's stupid:
    Spoiler for sighsigh:


    Spoiler for Aldnoah:
    Spoiler for Aldnoah:


    Spoiler for :
    Spoiler for :


    Don't you fucking dare!
    You heard it here first!
    Last edited by Raptor; 08-25-2014 at 09:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    One of these days I'm going to punch you right in the throat.

  9. #3319
    Wait... What? Youwishjellyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Spoiler for sighsigh:
    Good point, you win this one sir.

    Spoiler for Aldnoah:
    One of these days I'm going to punch you right in the throat.

    Spoiler for :
    Spoiler for :


    You heard it here first!
    It's... It's exactly how it's gonna go...
    "Just floating along"

  10. #3320
    I prefer the air Raptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Send Food
    Posts
    5,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    Spoiler for :
    Better than nothing.

    It's... It's exactly how it's gonna go...
    I reaaaally don't want it to happen. But it's going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    One of these days I'm going to punch you right in the throat.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •