StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 432 of 676 FirstFirst ... 332382422428429430431432433434435436442482532 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 6757

Thread: The Anime/manga thread (+ recommendations!)

Why are manga updates so slow?

Really, really slow.

​_________________________________________________ _________
    ... ... ... ... ...

RHG

If you get over the fact that SAO isn't really meant to be a good anime and it's sole purpose is to entertain, then it's actually pretty enjoyable lol. It's pretty fun to see what they're gonna do to make Kirito look as badass as possible and have all the girls fall for him lol. Also the animation is great so I won't complain

if you're trying to decide whether to watch Inou Battle or not, then I have four words for you:

Two lolis, same harem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mental View Post
    Pretty sure everything's better than SAO.
    I don't like giving SAO any form of compliments, but there are anime that are definitely worse than SAO. SAO just gets mentioned a lot as the figurehead of bad anime because everyone knows about it, but there are plenty that suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Why are manga updates so slow?

Really, really slow.
    1) No if not negative profit aside from donations
    2) Substantially less attention than anime
    3) So-called group projects where a scanlation group claims a manga, only to never update it, leaving it to die
    4) Harder to get the raw material, especially for older manga
    5) Generally hard and strict dates by mangakas which then lead to hiatuses (they have to make the base material :/)
    6) So many raw chapters to translate the group just gives up half way
    7) Overwhelming and disorganized compared to translating anime, where 20 series of anime come out at once whereas a bajillion of manga get released at different dates by different magazines

There are a lot of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Miccool View Post
    If you get over the fact that SAO isn't really meant to be a good anime and it's sole purpose is to entertain, then it's actually pretty enjoyable lol. It's pretty fun to see what they're gonna do to make Kirito look as badass as possible and have all the girls fall for him lol. Also the animation is great so I won't complain
    imo when I try to entertain myself with any piece of fictional medium that I think is subjectively (or objectively) below average, I try to enjoy the characters and the setting it presents (and sometimes other qualities it has). That's why I can find myself enjoying Nanatsu no Taizai and Mushibugyo from time to time even though they're practically the definition of typical shounen manga because they have a unique quirk(s) about them that make them more interesting to read/watch.

In SAO, I don't like the characters and I despise the setting, so I find it difficult to even watch it for brainless enjoyment. I'm not speaking for everyone, this has moved more towards my opinionated personal feelings of SAO more than how objectively bad it is so to speak, so I can't claim that my words are commonplace.

That being said, and I hate to admit it, the animation is gorgeous.
    Last edited by Raptor; 12-14-2014 at 11:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    One of these days I'm going to punch you right in the throat.

SAO isn't that bad tbh (and obvious not the best one either), so why do people hate it so much? Is it just because it's too mainstream and overrated?
    Yo yo yo, wassup, my name is R-Dizzle-Fo-Shizzle-My-Nizzle-Off-Da-Hizzle...Drizzle and check out my "Off Da Hizzle" Youtube Channel.
    Spoiler for SE stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
    SAO isn't that bad tbh (and obvious not the best one either), so why do people hate it so much? Is it just because it's too mainstream and overrated?
    Pretty much
    H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶ _! H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶_

Nah, I didn't like it before I knew it was popular.

I only liked the idea of SAO...I mean .Hack// is better for story and plot but SAO seems like something that can happen if someone made a device similar to the nerve gear... Plus SAO makes a great conversation at 4 in the morning in a parking lot trying to figure out if the people that changed their gender in game would feel the other sex organs... After about 4 hours of debate it was concluded you would feel the sensation but it wouldn't be what the other gender really feels (all based off what they say in first session)... So there for SAO made one interesting conversation

Akame ga Kill just ended. I don't think it was as bad as everyone said it was, I think it was solid in its own right. I think people overrate the manga quite a bit, not that I blame them.

It's not nearly as good as people think it is either
    the anime that is
    I like the manga, idk, it's definitely notamazing or anything but I'm always entertained while reading it
    side note, just reat usotsuki paradise, otherwise known as "The Life and Times of a Side Nigga"

Thread Information