StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 625 of 675 FirstFirst ... 125525575615621622623624625626627628629635 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,250 of 6744

Thread: The Anime/manga thread (+ recommendations!)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    literally half of the series revolved around the introduction, description of emotional problems and family difficulties, and subsequent removal of a character the audience has zero reason to care about (and in fact you're given plenty of reasons to outright dislike her), apparently for no reason. i want my time back.
    Honestly that first part, to me, seemed more about Ougi and Araragi than Oikura herself. She was more of a vehicle so that we can find out who Araragi was and how he became the guy of righteousness. The fact that Araragi forgot about her makes Araragi able to think back and take a journey, to give the viewers a bit more insight about Araragi's character. Ougi is also finally introduced as an actual character instead of that someone who popped up once or maybe twice. The part about Oikura herself, the parts after Araragi and Ougi were done doing things together, when it was Araragi and Hanekawa, was also pretty interesting to be honest, I didn't really hate her. She was more like someone who was angry at the world because she got dealt with a pretty shitty hand, so her bitterness about everything didn't bother me that much. I also found the dialog between Ougi and Araragi to be pretty neat.

Spoiler for I finished watching Fate/Zero:
    Last edited by Devour; 01-02-2016 at 08:55 AM.
    Risque

Quote Originally Posted by Devour View Post
    Spoiler for I finished watching Fate/Zero:
    Spoiler for eee:
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 01-03-2016 at 03:14 AM.

Just finished watching this anime called, Prison school. Nice Animation, awesome plot. Very funny.

Don't watch it.

Spoiler for Support:

After a long anime viewing hiatus I returned to see Tokyo Ghoul. And might I say that it is one of the most dissapointing anime series I've seen so far. I'll explain why in this spoiler which will have spoilers from the animes ''tokyo ghoul'' and ''parasyte the maxim'', so you have been warned.
    Spoiler for review:

To sum up, the show wasn't paced well and couldn't get its priorities straight with its characters and arcs. The protagonist was too unlikeable for me to watch.
    Last edited by theTDguy; 01-06-2016 at 08:47 AM.
    Sig Filler

Spoiler for words of wisdom by our fellow members:

Well I decided to watch the second half of DRRRx2 and man I'm really bad at watching this show. A whole lot of things are happening, it's as if every single one of them are red herrings of each other. It becomes hard to care about any of the characters or the plot because it's so frustrating to even try to keep up.

It's also kind of disappointing that the mystery left by the first half wasn't actually answered, and the things that you thought would happen didn't happen.

Spoiler for "durarara spoilers:

Even so it's good timekiller so I'll probably watch next season anyway.

Obligatory 'what are we all watching this season?'.
    "Just floating along"

Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    Obligatory 'what are we all watching this season?'.
    Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
    Durarara x2 Ketsu
    Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
    Dimension W (maybe)
    Ajin
    Dagashi Kashi (maybe)
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    One of these days I'm going to punch you right in the throat.

Finished The Seven Deadly Sins on Netflix last night. I really enjoyed it. I haven't read the manga's but I found out they left some stuff out and changed some things, but that wasn't surprising. I was happy to see that they're going to do a season two sometime this year. That would be fantastic.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
    This is definitely the anime with the most promise this season IMO. I just hope it doesn't become another Charlotte.

Spoiler for Support:

Thread Information