StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 674 of 675 FirstFirst ... 174574624664670671672673674675 LastLast
Results 6,731 to 6,740 of 6744

Thread: The Anime/manga thread (+ recommendations!)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I'm just salty that Berserk still doesn't have a decent anime adaptation.
    actually to give some context as to why I didn't mind it, I watched season 1 before reading the manga. Basically I had no idea what Berserk was about, and I was decently being entertained because even though presented in such a shitty way, Berserk is still Berserk. The story was compelling enough for me to try and make sense out of what's happening. Also, I watched the movies around the middle of season 1, and after enjoying those I guess it kind of upped the entertainment value of season 1.

That's why I wasn't as angry while watching season 1.

Knowing the story already really changes my perspective though. Like, the biggest thing that's kept me from hating the show is that I didn't know what was going to happen. Now that I do, it becomes really easy to notice the other aspects of the anime, i.e. shoddy animation. Like, straight out of the last arc and the first meeting of guts and you know who after the sacrifice should have been hype, but the Guts vs Zod scene was just so... choppy. Like, has it always been that choppy? I've known since watching season 1 that it was choppy, but goddamn. Idk if it's really gotten worse or just paying attention to it magnifies its effects.

Anyway, long story short, I agree with you now. Unless you also think the movies were bad, because I'd agree with you on everything except that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    I can't believe you're okay with that kind of quality.
    he watched it at the cinema
    Last edited by Smile; 04-19-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    actually to give some context as to why I didn't mind it, I watched season 1 before reading the manga. Basically I had no idea what Berserk was about, and I was decently being entertained because even though presented in such a shitty way, Berserk is still Berserk. The story was compelling enough for me to try and make sense out of what's happening. Also, I watched the movies around the middle of season 1, and after enjoying those I guess it kind of upped the entertainment value of season 1.

That's why I wasn't as angry while watching season 1.

Knowing the story already really changes my perspective though. Like, the biggest thing that's kept me from hating the show is that I didn't know what was going to happen. Now that I do, it becomes really easy to notice the other aspects of the anime, i.e. shoddy animation. Like, straight out of the last arc and the first meeting of guts and you know who after the sacrifice should have been hype, but the Guts vs Zod scene was just so... choppy. Like, has it always been that choppy? I've known since watching season 1 that it was choppy, but goddamn. Idk if it's really gotten worse or just paying attention to it magnifies its effects.
    I take full credit in convincing you to read the manga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    One of these days I'm going to punch you right in the throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    I can't believe you're okay with that kind of quality.
    It's a good enough movie that I don't think waiting another million years for a home release outside of Japan will do anyone any favours. I was lucky enough to catch it at the movies, but I think the only option most people will have it dust off their hooks and don a tricorne when a good torrent comes out.
    "Just floating along"

It's a good enough movie that I don't think waiting another million years for a home release outside of Japan will do anyone any favours. I was lucky enough to catch it at the movies, but I think the only option most people will have it dust off their hooks and don a tricorne when a good torrent comes out.
    Have you seen Your Name?

Nah, couldn't drag any of my mates to it and was to much of a bitch to see it by myself.
    Probs just gonna wait till I can buy it.

Does it live up to the hype?
    "Just floating along"

I think none of us here have actually seen it yet. We're all pretty much waiting for the blu ray to release so we can BUY it

on a completely related note, bakabt's now private oh my god

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    I think none of us here have actually seen it yet. We're all pretty much waiting for the blu ray to release so we can BUY it

on a completely related note, bakabt's now private oh my god
    What the FUCK

Though on a more serious note, nyaa still exists.

You guys watched Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu a.k.a Parasyte yet?
    Fuckin dope anime.
    🔥The Lighter of Toxigen🔥
    🔥The Bringer of Fire🔥
    'tis the one and only
    🔥 Agmus Flames 🔥
    🔥

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. View Post
    You guys watched Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu a.k.a Parasyte yet?
    Fuckin dope anime.
    Yes we have. It's a good anime.

I wanted to hop here just to talk about Your Name.

To begin with, the animation is gorgeous visually. It's so fuckin pretty! I was in awe only with the first 3 minutes.
    And without spoiling anything, I'll say this.
    Premise to this fact, I am not an emotional person when it comes to movies, games and TV shows. With that said...
    I anticipated the ending. I knew what was going to happen. I was ready for it. But the way it was delivered was completely different from what I expected. And it fucked me up.
    It was the happiest 20 min sob of my life.

Great movie.

Spoiler for Quotes worth Remembering:

Thread Information