StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SP Scoop - the official stickpage.com online magazine.

SP Scoop - the official stickpage.com online magazine.

We need something to bring the community together. Something that allows the community of the people to connect and branch out and showcase whats going on and teach each other about what we do than just face value. We're attempting to bring you a source, on a monthly basis, of an online magazine that includes interviews, reviews, tutorials, commentaries, comics, news, resources, advertisements and more.

Issues:
    May - http://issuu.com/stickpage/docs/issue1

Where did this idea come from?
    Originally started back at fluidanims.com, we had a short period where we released an online magazine, or 'FA MAG.'
    http://issuu.com/travissteven/docs/vol1_ep2

Due to the lack of organization on my part, we couldn't continue, however it proved to be a very vital and fun part of what people really enjoyed in the community. Bringing this back to life has been something planned for awhile, but now its time to take action.

We've compiled a team together of some willful, talented volunteers to begin this expedition to try and bring forth interesting and intriguing content on a monthly basis compiled into issues to be viewed by the community, posted for the community as well as showcased to the public on the main stage of the site itself. Once again, another way for us to get in touch with that beastly front page that seemingly gives the community less room for showcasing its flavor.

TEAM

Oxob - Resources, Tutorials [completed]
    Flamedude - comics, humor and reviews
    Kazi - Interviews, reviews
    Haze + dresnet - Articles
    stone - News + compilation

Proof Readers
    AGSys
    Exilement

Releases

Each issue will be completed and released at the beginning of each month

This thread serves as a resource for those putting forth effort into the project as well as others to see the progress and potentially pitch in themselves.

Format

- Content must be written up in a word doc / notepad
    - Images, diagrams and graphics are encouraged to improve your section. Just keep in mind that it will be layed on top of a magazine layout design- so as far as graphics go,be sure you aren't covering your entire piece as it still needs to flow well with the rest of the design on the magazine itself. Refer to the above link to get an idea.

UPDATE:
    - created front page
    Last edited by stone; 07-09-2012 at 06:13 AM.

Click Adventure game with over 30 mins of animation coming soon to your mobile device!

How did you choose the staff members? Is it still possible to join?

it's not that I intend to, I'm just curious.

I have the same question, cause i'd love to join this.

Thank you stone for having the time to be an admin and check out the topics you made and answering questions.

Yeah there is definitely room for more staff members. Considering Smile's apparent impatience and sarcasm, I don't think he'll be up for consideration on this one.
    Also, reviewers who might be covering Stick War 2, let me know because I can get you in contact with the developers in order to give your int.
    Last edited by stone; 06-04-2012 at 09:57 AM.

Click Adventure game with over 30 mins of animation coming soon to your mobile device!

Yes! It's time to bring some of that looooove to fruition.

In your deepest fantasy. poppetje3D's Avatar
    Oh nice idea, i hope you guys will continue with this one! Good luck.

I remember the podcast!

'Hey we're back!'

*1 episode later*

'loljk'

Cmon, stick with it stone. Promise the community THAT.
    Last edited by Yellow; 06-06-2012 at 01:45 AM.

flamedude, i got in contact with jay and he's down with having him and the team answer your interview questions for Stick Empires (stick war 2 )
    Get your questions together and contact me via IRC to discuss details.

Banned
    I'm also available to help you guys! I have past experience; I was chief editor of my schools official 4th grade newspaper.

Also I've worked with Issuu if that counts for anything.
    Last edited by Nocturna; 06-07-2012 at 06:51 AM.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information