StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paperclip's 3D Stuff

The Heavy Lift:

The character was provided but everything else was animated and made by hand.
    Last edited by Paperclip; 10-29-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Sophisticated Perversion Not_Nish's Avatar
    Posted this in the chat thread with regards to your animation but I'll post it here again so you can see.

I personally like this, although I know very little about the physics of animation. As a casual viewer, I thought you did really well with the weight of the anchor.
    Spoiler for Random Charry Ownage #17:

For it to be such a heavy object, the initial lift seems off and the anchor is lifted very easily without sign of resistance.

Could not be loaded what the fuck

Sophisticated Perversion Not_Nish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred View Post
    For it to be such a heavy object, the initial lift seems off and the anchor is lifted very easily without sign of resistance.
    Really? Wow I need to learn more about this shit, I thought the initial lift made it seem pretty heavy.
    Spoiler for Random Charry Ownage #17:

nice,dude

Quote Originally Posted by Nish View Post
    Really? Wow I need to learn more about this shit, I thought the initial lift made it seem pretty heavy.
    The velocity from the moment he's lifting it off of the ground is already at it's peak. There needs to be a moment between rest to highest velocity where the speed picks up. Instead he picks it up and it looks as though it just sorta detaches from the ground rather than being lifted off of it.

Well the thought on the initial pick up off the floor was that he was going to struggle with it but then as any object that is heavier at the base it is easier to just rotate up. I agree with you though.. I made the curve to sharp after the initial grab which is an easy fix. All of my 3D animations this quarter are really incomplete and not reel worthy. I have to go back during the break and polish them all to be able to have them on my reel for consideration.
    Last edited by Paperclip; 11-01-2012 at 06:54 PM.

It seem's awkward to me that the arms are bent so much on the initial lift up/rotation. I feel like they would lock, or come close to locking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt View Post
    Yes, thank you jdogg. I knew you had it in you to not be an asshat.

Quote Originally Posted by jdogg View Post
    It seem's awkward to me that the arms are bent so much on the initial lift up/rotation. I feel like they would lock, or come close to locking.
    I know what you mean and there are problems throughout the entire animation where I had to make poses that I didn't want to accommodation for this dumb rig. His proportions are all wrong and so getting realistic poses were impossible. Half of the annoyance was that I had a video reference of myself acting the scene out and I couldn't match my own movements because the rig can't do certain things.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information