StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Weed legalization

Weed legalization

Weed was officially legalized here in Washington for people ages 21 and up. During history my teacher had asked the class whether they thought it was a good idea to legalize marijuana I had an answer for all of them

"marijuana kills brain cells and causes damage to the body"
    -Alcohol and cigarettes are both legal and they both cause more damage to the human body as well has kill more brain cells than marijuana.

"marijuana can cause people to do stupid things like drive off cliffs and whatnot"
    -The police are going to crack down on people for driving under the influence of marijuana. And even though marijuana is a gateway drug. It wont cause you to make irrational judgments as extreme as jumping off a cliff...

Do you think marijuana should be legal. Why or why not.

Pfff, well not behind you, that's for sure.
    I guess if people really did want to smoke pot, it's their wish so they should be able to do so. But I personally don't think they should. It would ruin a person's life even more than drinking or smoking because it makes you go a bit off the cliff side (HA), and you'd stink even more than a smoker and a drinker put together. That was all over the place but whatever, you get what I mean.
    Last edited by Mercury; 11-10-2012 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I guess if people really did want to smoke pot, it's their wish so they should be able to do so. But I personally don't think they should. It would ruin a person's life even more than drinking or smoking because it makes you go a bit off the cliff side (HA), and you'd stink even more than a smoker and a drinker put together.
    I guess it depends on how you treat the situation. Smoke it once or twice a week. And keep it below the radar. Shower regularly (personal hygiene bullshit) just keep it to a minimum and don't make it a habit. Cause it will then escalate into an addiction. But thats really the only thing that could ruin you. an addiction.

Thats honestly the only thing I could think of that would have an extremely devastating effect on your life. Developing an addiction to it.
    Last edited by bl3u; 11-10-2012 at 12:47 AM.

marijuana is not addictive. people who develop a dependency on it are just the same kind of people who develop a dependency to coffee.

and i don't feel that it should be necessary for me to point out all the things that are wrong with this sentence: "It would ruin a person's life even more than drinking or smoking because it makes you go a bit off the cliff side (HA), and you'd stink even more than a smoker and a drinker put together"

Pfff, well not behind you, that's for sure.
    Yeah I didn't phrase that properly lol. Plus I was sleepy at the time. Anyway, why would you say marijuana isn't addictive? Dependency on something like that is being addicted. That's what it means doesn't it? Or are you just messing around?

no. the drug is not chemically addictive. you cannot become physically addicted to marijuana.

weak willed people become mentally dependent to the effects of it. and again, i will compare this to caffeine. ever heard someone tell you that they can't function until they have their coffee? it's the same shit. "i can't relax until i smoke some weed"

Quote Originally Posted by bl3u View Post
    -Alcohol and cigarettes are both legal and they both cause more damage to the human body as well has kill more brain cells than marijuana.
    And governments are doing everything practical to reduce consumption of both.

I don't really know enough about marijuana to have a stance either way on this issue (leaning towards pro-legalisation just for the tax revenue), but I don't think this is a good argument.
    artwork by Mantha, 'cos she's the bestest

You will kneel before me and you will confess that I am God.

"marijuana can cause people to do stupid things like drive off cliffs and whatnot"
    -The police are going to crack down on people for driving under the influence of marijuana. And even though marijuana is a gateway drug. It wont cause you to make irrational judgments as extreme as jumping off a cliff...
    why? i drive high all the time, it doesnt impair me at all. definitely wouldn't fuckin just drive off a cliff just cause im high, thats fucking stupid.
    also, weed does not kill brain cells.. who the fuck still believes that?
    I guess it depends on how you treat the situation. Smoke it once or twice a week. And keep it below the radar. Shower regularly (personal hygiene bullshit) just keep it to a minimum and don't make it a habit. Cause it will then escalate into an addiction. But thats really the only thing that could ruin you. an addiction.

Thats honestly the only thing I could think of that would have an extremely devastating effect on your life. Developing an addiction to it.
    lol, what the fuck? have you ever smoked weed?
    Last edited by 2-D; 11-10-2012 at 02:19 AM.

I remember reading in one study that high drivers are actually more careful when driving compared to sober drivers

unfortunately i can't cite this because it was fucking ages ago. wouldn't know where to start looking

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I remember reading in one study that high drivers are actually more careful when driving compared to sober drivers

unfortunately i can't cite this because it was fucking ages ago. wouldn't know where to start looking
    well it makes sense. when i'm stoned 40 mph feels like 80. fuck that shit i don't wanna die

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information