StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: Ratin

Ratin

Apparently Dean, #8 on the leaderboards has 9 wins and 18 losses.
    And he has 1987 rating.
    Can someone tell me how exactly the rating system works? ^-^

Edit: Yeah I know I have a typo in the title. -_-
    Last edited by Dracus94; 11-22-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    Stick Empires player.
    Username: Dracus94 - Number: 458

Hi reader,

I personally have no clue but it depends on how much Wins to Losses you have, I have no clue how this guy with twice as more losses than wins has a rating of 1987. The more losses you have the more your rating will lower, the more wins you have the higher your rating will be.

.:Invincitron:.

perhaps he won and lost against a bunch of top guys with very high rating? the losses dont count for much because the higher the rating of the person you lost against, the less rating you lose. But if you win against someone with high rating, then you get alot of rating...

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytt View Post
    perhaps he won and lost against a bunch of top guys with very high rating? the losses dont count for much because the higher the rating of the person you lost against, the less rating you lose. But if you win against someone with high rating, then you get alot of rating...
    Not true. The higher your rating is, it doesn't matter who you're against (unless massively favored), if you lose, you lose A LOT of rating.
    Hey, I'm doing something now.

Spoiler for Something:

Yeah. I'm still kinda confused as to what he could have done to get that high.
    The fact that you lose so much rating, and gain so little makes me a little upset when I lag out :P
    Stick Empires player.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecness2 View Post
    Not true. The higher your rating is, it doesn't matter who you're against (unless massively favored), if you lose, you lose A LOT of rating.
    Yes but if say, he lost the first 18 games, he would probably lose, say 30 rating. (played against frozen fury, lost, then lost 2 rating at about 1600) Then when he wins against them high level players, some one who played very few games and has very little rating, I wouldnt be suprised if he got at least 100 rating, which could account for his 1987 rating.
    Last edited by jerrytt; 11-22-2012 at 12:30 PM.

But that would be kind of strange, wouldn't it?
    What are the chances of that...
    Stick Empires player.

Its probably a glitch.His score is negative nine, so even his he beat anyone in top 10, heck, even in top 5, his score is still negative.

Thread Information