StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 147 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1634

Thread: wRHG Discussion & Help

Quote Originally Posted by 969_DoomsDruid_969 View Post
    Be Dooms.

1) Look at the awesome animated pixel avatars. Want one. Realize you can't get one.

Stop being Dooms, and be the next poster.
    Get a real character posted and then you can dude, take the initiative...

Spoiler for Supports:
    wRHG: The Lion of Palestine
    Am I Available For Battle? Nope...

Just as Planned. 969_DoomsDruid_969's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IgnusBurns View Post
    real character

I am a quality shitposter(and Magnificent Bastard). You, on the other hand, are a shit-quality poster.

Spoiler for Writing Motto:

Spoiler for me:

(made a wRHG)
    (wants to join a clan for the time being)

The thing is, I'm a living, breathing, character creation library. Just for the sake of not overloading a general zone with ME, I've decided to make my thread separate, if it's alright. A couple of my characters may appear on the Vague City People and Places section, if it's approved, but I feel like I need a separate section that is exclusively dedicated to my creations. Oh, and I would really enjoy CNCs.

Beware...once my NPC thread has been made, it'll probably be flooded with more-than-a-year's-worth of profiles.

Need Help With Your wRHG? Send me a Private Message and I'll see what I can do!

Spoiler for OPPOSITION:

@IgnusBurns: I'm pretty sure his character was accepted after the latest modification. I can't be certain though until I see the page.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

Quote Originally Posted by Urako View Post
    @IgnusBurns: I'm pretty sure his character was accepted after the latest modification. I can't be certain though until I see the page.
    Pfffftttt... I'm gonna just agree with dooms on this one...

Spoiler for Supports:
    wRHG: The Lion of Palestine
    Am I Available For Battle? Nope...

Just as Planned. 969_DoomsDruid_969's Avatar
    I was implying that my character is perfectly fine, thanks for asking.
    Spoiler for but never mind:

I am a quality shitposter(and Magnificent Bastard). You, on the other hand, are a shit-quality poster.

Spoiler for Writing Motto:

Spoiler for me:

(made a wRHG)
    (wants to join a clan for the time being)

So... Newb here. Have any general advice on writing for wrhg?

Quote Originally Posted by Brosephus View Post
    So... Newb here. Have any general advice on writing for wrhg?
    Dude, you already have an excellent wRHG. You don't need my help.

Spoiler for That said:

Now if you want to talk specific archetypes or you have a vision of a character that you want made feasible, feel free to PM me or someone else who's willing to help. There's a lot of nice people willing to help and they probably have a better since of balance than me.

Edit: I just realized you were talking about writing in general and not characters. I feel like a total idiot now, but i'm still keeping this up in case someone else can get use from it. Your basic writing skills a very good by the way so you should be fine. Just try to learn from reading other people and take CnC.
    Last edited by Urako; 04-19-2017 at 10:18 PM.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

Going by your demo I like your style, but as far as the fights go, give them a reason, make them matter and don't be afraid to make them more than just a fight. Most people prefer to have some storyline between the blows, so don't be afraid to have a bit before and after the action. Character development is also always a plus. If you can get into their heads and show what they're thinking, good

Quote Originally Posted by Urako View Post
    Dude, you already have an excellent wRHG. You don't need my help.

Spoiler for That said:

Now if you want to talk specific archetypes or you have a vision of a character that you want made feasible, feel free to PM me or someone else who's willing to help. There's a lot of nice people willing to help and they probably have a better since of balance than me.

Edit: I just realized you were talking about writing in general and not characters. I feel like a total idiot now, but i'm still keeping this up in case someone else can get use from it. Your basic writing skills a very good by the way so you should be fine. Just try to learn from reading other people and take CnC.
    Thanks! I was talking about writing in general, but any advice is definitely apprieciated.

My character is a bit on the weak side for a few reasons(going for a slightly more "realistic" tone), but I guess if he can beat opponents in a logical way, even if it does happen to involve a lot of luck, it doesn't matter hugely.

Quote Originally Posted by Crank View Post
    Going by your demo I like your style, but as far as the fights go, give them a reason, make them matter and don't be afraid to make them more than just a fight. Most people prefer to have some storyline between the blows, so don't be afraid to have a bit before and after the action. Character development is also always a plus. If you can get into their heads and show what they're thinking, good
    I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!
    Last edited by Brosephus; 04-20-2017 at 06:34 PM.

Thread Information