StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 47 of 166 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Thread: wRHG Discussion & Help

Do things you can't. The Strongest's Avatar
    Actually thought that box just meant I could leave and come back without logging in. Well, danke schön~!

EDIT: Oh, look at that. I'm still logged in. Magic!

EDIt2: STILL logged in.
    Last edited by The Strongest; 12-09-2013 at 12:47 AM.

You don't need a nick-name for your character if you don't want one, but I do recommend you have some sort of characterization/occupation for him that allows you to refer to him without naming him because it can help stop you from committing the awful sin of word repetition.
    So let's say Bob Murphy is a psychic. Instead of going "Bob did this, Bob did that, Bob did it." or "Bob did this, Murphy did that, Bob did it." you can say "Bob did this, Bob did that, the psychic did it."

To go off of what TopHat said, it helps to develop their appearance and character as well, since it gives you a lot of information to use to refer to a character beyond just their name.

Hey guys, I'm new to this area of the forum. I heard of wRHGs in the RHG section where my guy is, and I've always liked reading, so I thought I might as well take up some writing. So I translated my RHG over here and here I am. What's up, folks?

Quote Originally Posted by TopHat View Post
    You don't need a nick-name for your character if you don't want one, but I do recommend you have some sort of characterization/occupation for him that allows you to refer to him without naming him because it can help stop you from committing the awful sin of word repetition.
    So let's say Bob Murphy is a psychic. Instead of going "Bob did this, Bob did that, Bob did it." or "Bob did this, Murphy did that, Bob did it." you can say "Bob did this, Bob did that, the psychic did it."
    That's a good idea, I'll do that with my guy.

Well we're glad to have you! I'm doing pretty solid, looking forward to having my first battle in a while.

I'm considering making sort of a Hunting Grounds type thread too, just because a lot of the time people sit around and wait to be challenged, or challenge a bunch of people who aren't available and lose encouragement. I keep going back and forth on it though, because I feel like it'd be convenient, but at the same time redundant and unnecessary.

Well it'd be a cool idea if we had somewhere to write stories about our wRHGs, other than battles. Is there somewhere like that?

The Original Literature's a safe bet, there are a few people who compile everything into the same thread, and others who post a new one each time. I guess it mostly has to do between how far apart they are, and if they're long enough to sort of stand alone.

I'm just laying out some planned future events that will take place when the Tournament is officially over. They won't come anytime soon as I'm handling some IRL shit that will take up the first quarter of next year.

- Flash Fiction Comp. (might make this available in General Section)

- Phobia Collab. (Might be Invite Only)

- Murder Mystery Collab/Comp. (Open to all)

If anyone else has any events planned or coming up, feel free to mention them as well and more than anything just do them. Excessive planning can lead to stagnation and obsolescence. You should suggest an idea you wish to implement here, in order to gauge interest so you dont have to constantly bump your threads and PM people once you've made your event up. This is also so that we don't accidentally release events at the same time---multiple events leads to divided commitments and usually herald the downfall of said events.
    Last edited by Hewitt; 12-15-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Is this thread also getting moved, still?

i dont understand ze question

Thread Information