StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wRHG: Serena, the Deathsinger

wRHG: Serena, the Deathsinger

Name

Serena Richards

Abilities

Spoiler for What is she based on:

ATTACKS

Songs: Mostly used as personal buff, summoning
    and protection. Rarely used for
    offensive purposes. Every type of
    pitch can be used with Songs.
    Melodies: Mental/psychical based attacks
    that affect the targets brain,
    nervous system and muscular
    tissue. Used for stunning or
    manipulating. The higher pitch
    voices dominate the tone of the
    Melodies.
    Symphonies: Physical based attacks that
    wounds the target in various
    ways. Usually manipulates
    the surrounding, creating
    deadly weapons from such
    things as her voice or the mere
    wind. The low pitched voices
    are the indicated ones for the
    Symphonies.

PITCHES (From Highest to Lowest)

Spoiler for What's the difference between low and high pitched voices:

Charming Melody

Serena sings a calm and slow melody that calm enraged souls and create a sanctuary of peace for everybody that listens to it. Serena is immune to the effects of this melody, as she maintains her thought line and can freely act. The targets affected by this melody will suddenly stop and enter in a state of trance, losing the control over their bodies. Their thoughts and intentions will be erased momentarily from their mind, and replaced by an image of a figure that they recall as something peaceful. The effects of this melody are active as long as Serena is singing. The pitch of her voice is Mezzo-Soprano/Contralto/Tenor.

Symphony of Winds

Serena sings an allegro symphony of various sounds (including techniques such as Beat boxing, Choral Singing and Shouting) that manipulate the air around her, creating things such as small tornadoes, wind waves/whips and compact, pressurized air bubbles/areas where the oxygen can either be absent or in extremely large quantities. The main point of this attack is to either knock back the target or incapacitate it. Those types of attacks require Serena to sing on every attack, as her voice is the main component of this technique. The pitch of her voice is Contralto/Tenor/Baritone.

Song of Wars

Serena sings an old Nordic song that praises the lords of the War, granting her an Ethereal Guardian that defends her from any phisical attack. The Guardian is considered as a martyr warrior that will defend Serena with the cost of his life. Serena will suffer weakening after singing this song, and may be defenseless for a couple of seconds/minutes. The Guardian is immortal if Serena is singing the Song of Wars. This summoning lasts until Serena sings, the Guardian is defeated or the Song of Wars isn't singed for a while. The pitch of her voice doesn't matter.

Symphony of the Force

Serena sings and shouts quick and short words that create gravity disruption. Those attacks push back the target, and it's similar to hitting a wall in optimal conditions. Serena is continuously singing during those attacks, keeping a low volume melody while preparing/waiting, and violently raising the volume of the song when launching the attack. Serena can experience backfires of the song. The pitch of her voice is Baritone/Bass.

Melody of Narcissus

Serena gently sings an up-tempo melody that confuses the target and causes it to harm itself in any possible way. This particular song requires Serena to whisper into the target's ear to activate its effects, and to keep singing at a relatively close range to maintain the effect and obtain the best result. Serena might be affected by her own melody and start stressing her voice. The pitch of her voice is Mezzo-Soprano/Soprano.

Song of the Elders

Serena shouts a holy song that creates around her 5 spinning octagons made out of crystal. Those octagons are decently resistant to hits and spin around Serena at about 2 feet of distance in an elliptic movement. The octagons can be used as catalysts for her melodies and symphonies, amplifying their effects, but each and everyone of them can be used a single time for this purpose, after the use the octagon explodes. The octagons remain around Serena until they get either destroyed or used as catalysts. The pitch of her voice doesn't matter, but Mezzo-Soprano or higher is recommended.

Symphony of Destruction

Serena sings a brutal song at a very high tempo that creates massive shock waves that spread all around her, causing extreme amount of damage to those that get hit by the devastating sound of this song. The effects on her voice are incredibly strong, since the Growl pitch is required for this symphony: if she or the target survive the song, they can faint or enter into a deep coma. In the better of cases, Serena will just lose her voice for quite a lot, leaving her disarmed and defenseless (not counting the wakizashi). The pitch of her voice is Growl, and its required for the successful use of the Symphony of Destruction.

Melody of the Dying Banshee

This is Serena's most devastating and dangerous song. The song starts in a very calm and suave Soprano pitch, the song itself extremely slow; after a couple of seconds the melody brutally passes to the Scream pitch, as the song becomes a confusing mixture of screams, shouts and long notes. The targets that get hit by this sound instantly struggle even staying on their feet, as they feel their head pounding, and their ears exploding. The effects of this song can variate, but all of them are extremely dangerous: if the target resists to the song, it might just lose the hearing for a couple of days. In the worst of cases, their brain can explode, causing instant death. Serena will faint and lose conscience for a week in the best of cases. The pitch of her voice is Soprano to Scream.

Weaknesses

-Serena is a banshee, a mythical creature that kills the prey with the power of her only voice. A banshee is a human being with incredible singing capacities, and a beautiful voice, nothing more.

-Serena's main weapon is the voice. Without it she can be considered dead. Her wakizashi prowess is just not enough to win her a gladiator fight.

-Serena is not athletic, so she is very slow when moving.

-During a fight, when she sings she might remain very static, leaving her vulnerable.

-Symphony of Destruction and Melody of the Dying Banshee are used only in extreme cases, since their backfires are lethal for Serena's chances of winning.

*IMPORTANT*

Spoiler for I suggest you reading this:

Personality:

Serena is very closed towards others. Rarely talks or attempts making any friendly contact with other human beings. She prefers her solitude, and wants nobody to bother her.
    Serena doesn't like using technological equipment or modern gadgets, and she prefers shying away from cities.
    If she gets acquainted with people, she might start acting friendly.
    IN COMBAT
    Serena doesn't socialize with the opponent, and she keeps a defensive mindset throughout the fight. She may lower her defense if one of her melodies lands and hypnotizes the opponent. She prefers keeping some distance between herself and her opponent, giving her enough room for singing.
    Serena developped a great capacity in analyzing her surroundings, making her a great tactician.

Practical Uses of her Powers

Her powers also have a couple of practical uses.
    Her Symphony of Force can be used to deflect projectiles or move heavy objects.
    Serena is mute, so her Song of Wars is very useful for communicating. Her ethereal guardian can speak for her, thanks to the psychic link that the two possess.
    Her Song of Narcissus creates a relaxing effect, very similar to an anesthetic.

Appearance

Birthday: 20th of December

Serena is 5 ft. 9.
    She has long, black hair that reach her waist. She usually keeps it tied up into a braided ponytail. Her eyes are amber, due to her banshee nature. She wears a black leather light armor that appears to be quite old. Her wakizashi hangs from her belt, in plain sight. Her overall look is Caucasian, and her body is relatively curvy. She has a scar that goes side to side on her neck.

Related Characters

Tanya Harlinx

Spoiler for :

Samples

Thanks to a great suggestion made by Draou (SHOUTOUT), I looked up songs that relate or are similar to Serena's arsenal of tunes. Now only a couple of songs are actually exactly what I had in mind when I made the character and the move. The rest are somewhat relatable, and they will be distinguished between Vocals, Acapella and Complete.

-Vocals implies that the song's vocals are what Serena's tune sounds like
    -Acapella means that the song has to be imagined as sung acapella by a female voice
    -Complete is self-explanatory: the whole song gives body to Serena's tune

Now DISCLAIMER: This is not set in stone, it's just something to give an example of each tune and how it might sound. I genuinely doubt that I will ever find the perfect song for each move, and I am definitely not talented enough to sing them myself (and my voice is shite)

Charming Melody
    Spoiler for :

Symphony of Winds
    Spoiler for :

Song of Wars
    Spoiler for :

Symphony of the Force
    Spoiler for :

Melody of Narcissus
    Spoiler for :

Song of the Elders
    Spoiler for :

Now for the last two I don't think I'll be able to find something that I can use. So instead, here are the two songs that inspired those two powers.

Symphony of Destruction (kinda obvious) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5jvUXij7nU

Melody of the Dying Banshee : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmq5yUa6e6s (Courtesy of my man Chrome)

History

Spoiler for What happened BEFORE:

Demo

Spoiler for How she fights...:

Battles

Battle vs The Strongest (Milo Kotara) [Spar-No points accounted]
    http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...The-Strongest)

Battle vs Aquila (L.L Bust)
    http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...-(Delormaximus

Battle vs PiasuSan (Piasu)
    http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...s-Piasu-(Piasu

Stories

Spoiler for in chronological order:

2/0

UPDATES:

January 12th 2013: Added History and updated Appearance
    February 13th 2013: Added Demo
    March 3rd 2013: Added minor format adjustments
    March 8th 2013: Posted Intro Story to ActaSanctorum
    June 14th 2014: Added practical uses of her powers
    February 7th 2016 (lol so much time): Added samples
    June 4th 2016: Updated age and added birthday c:
    July 28th 2016: Updated page format and added all the canon stories

Availability: Setting up for battles
    Last edited by DelorMaximus; 03-14-2017 at 02:56 AM. Reason: meh

Spoiler for Quotes worth Remembering:

I have no idea why my work isn't visible, and I apologize for it (Also sorry for double-posting if it's actually visible)

Ask a mod for help.

Also, why Deathsinger? e_e You know many people here play LoL right?

Deus - The Nether Breaker lNox - The Shadow Bringer
    FREE Custom voice resources: ORDER NOW!
    Spoiler for stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by subzero1112 View Post

Also, why Deathsinger? e_e You know many people here play LoL right?
    Yes, I know that, and that was also an easter egg of her creation (Karthus is actually my main). besides that, Serena is a banshee that uses her voice as her main weapon, so I thought that the nickname was appropriate.

Where Night and Day hold hands with each other
    Well I read all of it before it became invisible and all I can say is that you've got quite a detailed and original character you have here. I just adore the idea of her voice being her main weapon, with the different pitches having different effects, and I like all her skills
    o w o

I can't wait, when it becomes visible again of course, as well as her Demo and History :3
    Good luck in your future battles~!

WOW - this sounds pretty nice :P GL and get ready for wRHG division, it should be opening up pretty soon

Wow, simply wow. This character is well thought out, and very well contructed. I jsut wish i wasn't headed off to basic training for the army soon or I would love you challange you to a battle. If you are still here when I return I would love to battle you. Myself and my WRHG bodacious are music fans and it would be a very interesting battle. Here check him out, he will be shippng off to basic training with me to incorperate military tactics into his his fighting style http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...ight=bodacious
    sig by kuchannel
    Spoiler for Warrior song:

Interesting choice of names. Serena sounds pretty similar to Siren, and both Greek and English connotations apply for this one. Seems like you know what you're doing with the writing itself, too.

Niall McCourt and Liam McCourt, sounds like familiar names

I know that they are the names of two from the boyband One Direction (yes, I hate them) and no, I haven't put them for that, I just found those names on Wikipedia, under the tag "Typical Irish names"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information