StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 11 of 126 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Replays

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyWhisper View Post
    I really need help, as I'm not doing so well right now. I lost my goal of getting 50 wins without more than 5 losses, 39/6 . And also I noticed that my strategies aren't up to date. Even for the games I win, I don't win them well and it's a really close call.

http://tny.cz/2bee2602

Please look at this and tell me where I'm going wrong and provide suggestions. This is against an 1800 rating opponent, I believe he's on the Top 100. Even though I'm not. xD.
    b
    I'm not sure if this is the best advise cuz im only in the 1500s, but here are some problems to me,
    1. at around 3:20- 4:00 is when i found an error- going back and forth during harassing when there is a castle archer is dangerous. Either stay or leave, don't waste time running around while being hit by castle archer. your spearton nearly died and if he pursued you, it would of died.
    There isn't really much in this replay about your weaknesses cuz you won. Next time show one where you lose

Banned
    Sorry if this sounds rude, and I really apologize and thank you for helping but I would like a detailed explanation from some higher up players. But I appreciate your opinion, and that part on the Spearton I kind of screwed up, since I'm playing on a MacBook Pro I have to press control to right click, and I was pressing option(alt) instead of control, so it wasn't going back to the middle.

Frozen Dragon Knight DragonFrost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jli View Post
    Whoa. Your archers... they are glorious.
    ^^ thanks. Shadowy, i'll watch your replay. I'll see if i can give any pointers.

Here's what i have so far:
    1. I don't really like your start (well, i'm biased because I never use your start).

2. Try to send miners to a gold mine earlier. You made them walk straight, and then wasted a few seconds for them to go horizontally (they walk really slowly like that). Instead, try to select a gold mine ASAP (so they go on a diagonal line to the gold mine, thus getting them to the gold mine faster)

3. Why did you cancel that sword? Instead of even buying it, you should have bought an archidon. Also, you canceled it and got a castle archer (>.>). If you were playing a smarter player, that move would have cost you the game.

4. Macro. At 2 minutes, you had 6 miners (not bad, seeing as you lost the initial battle), but you had 1 sword and a castle (1 sword died). I tend to go offensive until I get the middle (but with good macro, I usually have 6 miners AND the middle, with a few archidons and a few swords).
    5. Micro. Lucky for you, you had 2 swords (at 2:30mins) and the opponent had 1 almost dead sword. try not to spam swords earlier (unless you plan on getting rage early), instead, get an archidon (if you are good at kiting). Now, here comes the main Micro part (at 2:30): you had 2 swords and the middle. Instead of sending your (barely) hurt sword to garrison, let him capture the middle. Send your other sword to the enemy (not in range of castle archer, just to see what they have). Once you are relatively sure your army is superior than theirs, try to get Tower Spawn. At approx. 3:10, you attacked the enemy (mass miners...) with 1 sword and a spearton. You suicided the sword pointlessly. The spearton, usually, I try not to ever get hit by castle archer (not counting ghost and tanks for other units).

6. This is technically macro again, but oh well. At 3:43, you had enough for ghost spawn. Instead, you bought a miner... (that brought your miner count to 11, I always stay at a MAX of 10). At 3:53, you had enough for ghost spawn AGAIN (with 148 gold extra and 115 mana extra). You used it on another miner (with still enough for ghost spawn). At 4:06, you have a bunch of extra gold, and enemy scouts, and retreats. You uselessly ungarrisoned your spearton. Then, they overwhelmed your air force. Good macro here (giant, albow and meric, i suppose you had reason to save gold :P). Attack... they have many albows. You scare them with giant. The enemy albow masses... you get a ghost. Not bad micro. Your late-game macro was pretty good.
    Last edited by DragonFrost; 02-07-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    I respect Hewitt.
    I made a wRHG, thanks Hewitt for inspiring me to write. Here is my wRHG, Fr0st, the Frozen Archer.

SEXY ARCHIDON!

Spoiler for I will miss you:

Sorry if this sounds rude, and I really apologize and thank you for helping but I would like a detailed explanation from some higher up players. But I appreciate your opinion, and that part on the Spearton I kind of screwed up, since I'm playing on a MacBook Pro I have to press control to right click, and I was pressing option(alt) instead of control, so it wasn't going back to the middle.
    Oh it's fine :P

Shadowy what do you think of my explanation (i did not organize it properly, just wrote as i went, and i suck at explaining things ^^)
    I respect Hewitt.
    I made a wRHG, thanks Hewitt for inspiring me to write. Here is my wRHG, Fr0st, the Frozen Archer.

SEXY ARCHIDON!

Banned
    Pretty good, thanks, but he was only 80 points below you and you are talking like he's a noob... I checked his rating was 1800 before he lost.

He is a noob... >.> he made so many fail mistakes (that luckily for him, you didn't take advantage of).
    I respect Hewitt.

SEXY ARCHIDON!

Banned
    What mistakes that I didn't take advantage of? Please tell me. AND He'S 1800 CHECK!!! Or maybe not now since I beat him.

first replay i posted: just beat some random guy with archidons: http://pastebin.com/Km7KFCNG

What mistakes that I didn't take advantage of? Please tell me. AND He'S 1800 CHECK!!! Or maybe not now since I beat him.
    Ahem, rating isn't always accurate. Anyways, examples of his mistakes: he massed miners after you got the middle, with only 1 castle archer as defense. Either get speartons or ghost. (you made the mistake of not scouting earlier, so you didn't know he was massing miners)
    I respect Hewitt.

SEXY ARCHIDON!

Thread Information