StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 176 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Name and shame the exploiters

Hybrid View

Name and shame the exploiters

The title says it all. Lets name and shame BOTH those players who exploit, such as the surrender-lag-exploit, and those players who are pointlessly offensive.

I suggest we the community who dont want to let exploiters destroy SE start a thread to name suspected exploiters (or hackers). Most common is probably the deliberate lag out when surrendering the statue exploit, now this often leads to a 'defeat' screen, and allows a replay to be taken.
    Imagine a player who makes a habit of trying to use that exploit when being defeated, he's gona appear in this thread many times - losing, surrendering, then winner goes to defeat screen.

I would hope the devs/mods would be able to take an action - warning, ban etc against players with a significant body of evidence against them.

I would hope this thread could provide just that evidence.

So, if you think you were wronged by an exploiter, get a replay if you can and post it here. The guy cheated you, and you dont owe it to him to cover up for him - that makes you a willing victim and an accomplice, allowing him to exploit others in the same way!

If griefers and exploiters are not dealt with, they pose a serious threat to the long term health of the community and indeed the survival of the game. So step up and act to defend our game!

ETA the thread also identify known griefers, like semeshine mentioned in the thread 'jerks'.

ETA http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...l=1#post896547 a compilation of the hackers/exploiters with evidence, provided by Aiman.
    Last edited by uberman; 02-25-2013 at 08:11 AM.
    My main chaos account is chaoticevil but I play my alt chaos account TZxChaoticEvil at the moment.
    My order account is uberman.

I hope this thread will be much less active now we have a ban policy, but just incase; If you have been in a game against a hacker, dont stand by and let the cheats get away with it! contribute any information, screen shot or replay to my thread 'name and shame the exploiters' http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...the-exploiters

Well yea, but I'm actually thinking the "Problems" section already deals with this, but not so much. We should make a new section about this shouldn't we?!
    I quit. I freaking quit. Screw this 9.8 kb limit, it's impossible to get a good gif that size. Here's my freaking gif.

Right, I'll start.
    Archybeatz has exploited against both me and MaimiBigAl, as stated in posts 14 and 15 of the thread seriously by Wyzdm. http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...l=1#post876576
    I was defeating him seriously, he surrendered and the game froze up (or lagged out). No replay, because it locked up on his statue falling.
    Last edited by uberman; 02-08-2013 at 07:01 AM.
    My main chaos account is chaoticevil but I play my alt chaos account TZxChaoticEvil at the moment.

I hope this thread will be much less active now we have a ban policy, but just incase; If you have been in a game against a hacker, dont stand by and let the cheats get away with it! contribute any information, screen shot or replay to my thread 'name and shame the exploiters' http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...the-exploiters

Quote Originally Posted by uberman View Post
    Right, I'll start.
    Archybeatz has exploited against both me and MaimiBigAl, as stated in posts 14 and 15 of the thread seriously by Wyzdm. http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...l=1#post876576
    I was defeating him seriously, he surrendered and the game froze up (or lagged out). No replay, because it locked up on his statue falling.
    what does locked up on his statue mean?
    Spoiler for kankanmikan:

Frozen Dragon Knight DragonFrost's Avatar
    The game froze. For me, this is going to be hard to tell, because it is very possible that I actually lagged out, instead of being glitches out...
    I respect Hewitt.
    I made a wRHG, thanks Hewitt for inspiring me to write. Here is my wRHG, Fr0st, the Frozen Archer.

SEXY ARCHIDON!

Spoiler for I will miss you:

Ha! Frost is an exploiter lol
    Spoiler for kankanmikan:

Frozen Dragon Knight DragonFrost's Avatar
    Not really. I'm the one who loses >.>
    I respect Hewitt.
    I made a wRHG, thanks Hewitt for inspiring me to write. Here is my wRHG, Fr0st, the Frozen Archer.

SEXY ARCHIDON!

Spoiler for I will miss you:

Lol
    Spoiler for kankanmikan:

Yes, its gonna be hard for you Fr0st, and so you are excused from duties as an uber-cop

There will be cases when it really does happen by chance - but the probability of it happening by chance just as the statue falls is very little, and the probability of it happening exactly at that time repeatedly for a player when he is losing is, well, fuck all.
    I hope that it will be easier for Dev's to act upon a body of evidence, rather than a single incident.
    I also hope some of the exploiters will be less inclined to do so when they will be named and shamed so even if the Dev's dont act but some exploiters are too ashamed to keep exploiting, then its worth while.

ETA Aimen, when I said it locked up, what I was describing was that the game didnt progress past the view of his statue falling. The statue was gone, but the last rubble was still there, I could move camera round the stage, see my units and so on, but not select or act. It just stayed there, didnt go to victory or defeat stage, but I know for 100% sure I was reduced in rank because it took me below 1900 - and I was over 1900 before the match. Because he was so much lower rank than me, I lost between 25-30 ranking.
    Last edited by uberman; 02-08-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uberman View Post
    Yes, its gonna be hard for you Fr0st, and so you are excused from duties as an uber-cop

There will be cases when it really does happen by chance - but the probability of it happening by chance just as the statue falls is very little, and the probability of it happening exactly at that time repeatedly for a player when he is losing is, well, fuck all.
    I hope that it will be easier for Dev's to act upon a body of evidence, rather than a single incident.
    I also hope some of the exploiters will be less inclined to do so when they will be named and shamed so even if the Dev's dont act but some exploiters are too ashamed to keep exploiting, then its worth while.

ETA Aimen, when I said it locked up, what I was describing was that the game didnt progress past the view of his statue falling. The statue was gone, but the last rubble was still there, I could move camera round the stage, see my units and so on, but not select or act. It just stayed there, didnt go to victory or defeat stage, but I know for 100% sure I was reduced in rank because it took me below 1900 - and I was over 1900 before the match. Because he was so much lower rank than me, I lost between 25-30 ranking.
    Oh.
    Spoiler for kankanmikan:

Page 1 of 176 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information