StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 3 of 187 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Name and shame the exploiters

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFrost View Post
    ^^ I love the waiting game. Someone managed to glitch it to freeze (now that i think of it, it happened to me once a while ago), I just went on my other account, made sure i didnt minimize my frozen game, and played on my other account. The joys of 2+ account!
    You always make me play the waiting game :/ and I always lose!
    I quit. I freaking quit. Screw this 9.8 kb limit, it's impossible to get a good gif that size. Here's my freaking gif.

Idk if it's just my curiosity as a programmer myself or if everyone else is curious as well, but I am interested in finding out the specific reason these exploits are possible.

Frozen Dragon Knight DragonFrost's Avatar
    Mistakes in the coding? Idk, not a programmer.
    I respect Hewitt.
    I made a wRHG, thanks Hewitt for inspiring me to write. Here is my wRHG, Fr0st, the Frozen Archer.

SEXY ARCHIDON!

Spoiler for I will miss you:

Quote Originally Posted by jli View Post
    Idk if it's just my curiosity as a programmer myself or if everyone else is curious as well, but I am interested in finding out the specific reason these exploits are possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFrost View Post
    Mistakes in the coding? Idk, not a programmer.
    Isn't that how almost all exploits are made?

This is how I got my rating, with my awesomeness. Insert Guile's Theme.

Also, clan-less Stick Empires player. Yolo right?

Frozen Dragon Knight DragonFrost's Avatar
    No. Some exploits are due to hacks,
    I respect Hewitt.
    I made a wRHG, thanks Hewitt for inspiring me to write. Here is my wRHG, Fr0st, the Frozen Archer.

SEXY ARCHIDON!

Spoiler for I will miss you:

Quote Originally Posted by Tecness2 View Post
    So I played archybeatz today. Just now actually. I was winning, obviously, and he tried to do this to me.
    I cussed him out telling him his account is most likely going to be banned if he continues(I'm serious).
    So we then played the waiting game. I went and played tetris for about 10 minutes, came back, and I won.
    hehe.

With my game vs Archybeatz, I logged on a different account on a different computer, leaving the chaoticevil-archbeatz game alone - my other account has chaoticevil as a friend and showed the rating was already lost, even though my game still showed his statue colapse.
    Could that be a crash in flash or something? strangly, I could still pan around the game stage, it didnt look like a flash-crash.
    My main chaos account is chaoticevil but I play my alt chaos account TZxChaoticEvil at the moment.
    My order account is uberman.

I hope this thread will be much less active now we have a ban policy, but just incase; If you have been in a game against a hacker, dont stand by and let the cheats get away with it! contribute any information, screen shot or replay to my thread 'name and shame the exploiters' http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...the-exploiters

lucky me i didn't have any kind of lag

Quote Originally Posted by stickman311 View Post
    lucky me i didn't have any kind of lag
    If a player lags out, thats not an exploit. If you lag out, you lose, so its a pretty crappy exploit.
    When a person deliberately induces a lag effect to cause the opponent to lose, particularly if the opponent was wining, thats an exploit. If you cant see the difference, then go watch tele-tubbies or some other age appropriate challenging material (in other words, the difference is pretty obvious).
    If your concerned about a genuine lag out being mistaken for a lag-exploit, leading to a player being wrongly accuse then fair point - but there are two things
    1. it will normally only happen in such a way that if you lag out, you LOSE not win the game.
    2. if the lag out caused the wrong person to win, then it will be a very rare event. So a player who exploits, and has this very unlikely event occur very frequently is going to be clearly apparent, I think.

Granted potentially an innocent player will get reported, but if its a one off, then its obviously a random event, or very inconclusive evidence of exploiting. Thats the point of building a thread to accumulate multiple instances of evidence.
    My main chaos account is chaoticevil but I play my alt chaos account TZxChaoticEvil at the moment.

I hope this thread will be much less active now we have a ban policy, but just incase; If you have been in a game against a hacker, dont stand by and let the cheats get away with it! contribute any information, screen shot or replay to my thread 'name and shame the exploiters' http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...the-exploiters

lucky me i didn't have exploits

Quote Originally Posted by Exxmorphing View Post
    Oh shit... I accidentaly did the exploit.

Someone destroyed me with mass speartons, as my statue fell, I said gg.
    thinking that there was no more purpose and it already was logged as a lose and the game was counted as done, I switched tabs to go to the stickpage forums.

Then I remembered the exploit, and not wanting to do it, i switched back to the game.
    5 seconds left of the lagout timer, I heard the lose music.

Then I heard the win music
    Apperantly, I won.

I sincerily apologize to my opponent and whoever I ticked off by accidentally doing this.

Please don't tar and feather me. Or stone me. Or burn me at the stake.
    We'll just monitor you, and lynch you if it happens again! <joke>
    Your typical hacker isnt going to come and post about it and apologize, and if you post the same 'mistake' 5 times in the next day, we will become very suspicious

Its interesting, and very strange, that you heard loss then win, I didnt know it was like that.
    I wonder if thats normally what happens when the exploit works - wonder if any former exploiter whos quit exploiting would answer that?

Thread Information