StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: GuardianTempest's Short Stories and Concept Depository

GuardianTempest's Short Stories and Concept Depository

I'm a vivid daydreamer, I love coming up with ideas and fun stuff though I have difficulty putting them down on paper so I simply stash them away for later use, if I ever get around to it. The next thing I knew I too many concepts and ideas, and I don't have the time nor the skills to put them into a presentable fashion. So you know what? I'll simply dump them here so I can get some load off my back and at the same time share them to you guys without having to draw badly/animate scribbles/write an error-filled derp-story. To be honest I was planning on putting up a shop or at least give them away but that wouldn't be a good idea, would it?

Spoiler for RHG Concept: Voltsgrenadier:
    Spoiler for RHG Concept: Unnamed scientist:
    Spoiler for RHG Concept: Metagolem:
    Spoiler for RHG Concept: The PSIONIC Beeforged:
    Spoiler for wRHG Concept: Fedora Man:
    Spoiler for RWBY vs RHG:
    Spoiler for RWBY OC's - Team OPTR "Operator":

Spoiler for Short Story: The one who lived in Dracula's Castle:
    Spoiler for Legend of the Six Swords:
    Spoiler for Short Story: Caasi - "From every mythology ever":
    Spoiler for What if - ErrorBlender AU (PART 1):
    Spoiler for Plagued by Time (Incomplete):

More to come as I remember them
    Last edited by GuardianTempest; 12-12-2015 at 02:00 AM.
    v (not my thing but please read) v

Flash CS6 || R.I.P. Fileize - "I didn't get to steal from pros" || Works slowly due to IRL Problems
    RHG: 親愛な雨 - Shinnai na Ame
    Daydreams and Concepts (Last Major Update: 11/09/13)

Do you want me too send you some characters that I created but don't use.
    Then you could put them here and people would get some idea of what RHG to make.
    (Wait, I don't need to send it to you. Just go onto my characters on my blog.)

Quote Originally Posted by devi View Post
    Do you want me too send you some characters that I created but don't use.
    Then you could put them here and people would get some idea of what RHG to make.
    (Wait, I don't need to send it to you. Just go onto my characters on my blog.)
    No thanks, but I appreciate the offer. Besides, I have my own group of characters I'm going to put up in the future (The Forum).

Uh...Then what's the use of my thread? ;-;
    Just an average person

Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianTempest View Post
    No thanks, but I appreciate the offer. Besides, I have my own group of characters I'm going to put up in the future (The Forum).
    Remember?
    This is why you write down all imaginative things you think about.

That annoying little * Wyrmspawn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerXD8 View Post
    Uh...Then what's the use of my thread? ;-;
    Well, like you said, that thread wasn't for bouncing characters around until they stick; some sort of beta testing thread that also functions as general storage of ideas.

This thread is more of the alpha testing stage, and its main purpose seems to be to store ideas and expand on them. More of a closed alpha test than open beta testing.

RWBY V RHG!!!! im gonna w8 for that!!!
    and Penny vs Antares... that'll be extremely hardcore to animate...if i ever do that, ill quit after 5 mins...

and yep!!! my floating swords was inspired of penny!!! GL with this!
    i also like drawing ideas on papers and I also stash them. for now, I already consumed 6 notebooks full of sketches :P
    for my opinion, our brain is becoming full of creativity, that's why we draw out some of them to the papers to make more room/space for more ideas....
    Last edited by Ruke; 08-22-2014 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruke View Post
    RWBY V RHG!!!! im gonna w8 for that!!!
    and Penny vs Antares... that'll be extremely hardcore to animate...if i ever do that, ill quit after 5 mins...

and yep!!! my floating swords was inspired of penny!!! GL with this!
    i also like drawing ideas on papers and I also stash them. for now, I already consumed 6 notebooks full of sketches :P
    for my opinion, our brain is becoming full of creativity, that's why we draw out some of them to the papers to make more room/space for more ideas....
    Of course, that'll be in the far future. There's no way I could handle that. Good to know more RWBY fans here.

Yeah that's that this thread is for, I want to put ideas I never have plans of polishing (or if it's too far into the future and I might forget it)

New short story: ErrorBlender AU Part 1...thing

Your writing is a bit hard to point out exactly what you can do to improve, mang. You know what you're doing when it comes to pulling a story together, but lots of the descriptions and sentences seem clumsy in places, and parts that seem dramatic have their impact taken away because of it. Sometimes, your descriptions of stuff that's going on seem to be the same way.

Maybe try this. It kind of looks like you're going through dramatic moments too fast, and not giving them any more "screen time" than regular actions. If there's something that you want to be important, describe it more in-depth than other things so that it has a lasting impact on the reader. It may also help to add descriptions to the movements of people as well.

I see a lot of potential in your writing. Keep working to get better and I can see you getting really ​good

I appreciate the CnC though I never expected someone would comment on it. The thing with details is that, well, I have good mental imagery that I fail to translate into writing. When I get to a showy scene, I dig through my vocabulary only to start thinking "WTF!? How do I portray detail?" So I stumble trying to figure out which words to use and such. I also have a tendency to reuse adjectives and adverbs when describing certain actions like 'resounding gunshot'

Thread Information