StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you want to do with a ragdoll?

I like those environment ideas. A tornado would be pretty cool.

Inanimate, I also think dancing, fighting, and sports games would be good with ragdoll. Did you have any more details in mind? What would they look like?

It might be cool to remake classic arcade games with ragdoll. Like breakout with a ragdoll instead of a ball. Can you think of any other existing games that could be ragdoll-ized?

Quote Originally Posted by 2-D View Post
    Ragdoll games are boring.

Come up with something new.
    For the sake of brainstorming, I'm using the word ragdoll, but what I'm really going for are physics-based games in general. What's your view on games that use physics rather than simple animation?

So far, a dance game (ragdoll equivalent of DDR, maybe?) seems to be a top choice. It's one I had also considered before.

danananaa puberty power! darkfalcon62's Avatar
    throw against spikes or other deadly objects

Johnny : What are you gonna do? boot them off the server

I really like ragdoll games based around hitting the ragdoll and seeing it's reaction to it, but I'd like something somewhat more complex than dragging it and throwing it

How about a game that incorporates ragdoll punishment with a building game. Basically you build structures simply to destroy the ragdoll. The ragdoll would stand still until it's actually hit, at which point it would go limp, to allow for the structure to take it's time in dealing out the damage. I have in mind a structure with a very large swinging hammer, rotating in a circle that would hit the ragdoll on it's descent. Or maybe a catapult. Or something that can throw spikes at the ragdoll. These are just very basic ideas right now.

It'd use basic structure beams, boards, switches/levers, weights, items used specifically as weapons (I'm thinking mostly hammers and spikes, though you would be able to techincally use any of the building items as a weapon) and other elements to allow a large variety of structures you can build. There'd be a damage counter to count the damage done by the structure, to give some kind of a goal to it.

I would love you forever if you could pull of a game like this. I could even help with some of the design elements, and further concepts and ideas. Though I'm assuming this would be very complex, based off of your last game I think you can pull it off.

Exilements idea wins.

A ragdoll game where you have to pull it's limbs in time with arrows that flash across the screen to create dance moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Diaz
    Because you get high all the time, you can't find people that train all the time. But if you get high and train, you will get high and train all the time together and it will be ****ing massive-takeover-smoke-weed-and-kill-people shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Exilement View Post
    I really like ragdoll games based around hitting the ragdoll and seeing it's reaction to it, but I'd like something somewhat more complex than dragging it and throwing it

How about a game that incorporates ragdoll punishment with a building game. Basically you build structures simply to destroy the ragdoll. The ragdoll would stand still until it's actually hit, at which point it would go limp, to allow for the structure to take it's time in dealing out the damage. I have in mind a structure with a very large swinging hammer, rotating in a circle that would hit the ragdoll on it's descent. Or maybe a catapult. Or something that can throw spikes at the ragdoll. These are just very basic ideas right now.

It'd use basic structure beams, boards, switches/levers, weights, items used specifically as weapons (I'm thinking mostly hammers and spikes, though you would be able to techincally use any of the building items as a weapon) and other elements to allow a large variety of structures you can build. There'd be a damage counter to count the damage done by the structure, to give some kind of a goal to it.

I would love you forever if you could pull of a game like this. I could even help with some of the design elements, and further concepts and ideas. Though I'm assuming this would be very complex, based off of your last game I think you can pull it off.
    What's with all this torture and violence? When is someone going to mention a ragdoll peace and happiness game, where you bring love and joy to the lives of your ragdolls?

No, but really, that's a great idea, Exilement. So a game where you build ragdoll-killing contraptions in order to get more resources to build even better ragdoll-killing contraptions? I can see that. And it might not be that difficult to make.

It would be really great if you want to help with the design. Maybe you could draw or animate some concepts for it. I'd love to see your ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwish View Post
    A ragdoll game where you have to pull it's limbs in time with arrows that flash across the screen to create dance moves.
    Another vote for a dancing game. Have you thought about other control schemes besides just dragging the ragdoll with the mouse? There's direct head movement like in Ragdoll Avalanche, and plenty of games where you move by shooting out sticky ropes, like in Double Wires.

Torture and violence is big in the ragdoll area of games because the ragdolls don't have premade sequences. They react directly to what you do to them, giving you a sense of direct control over the game instead of hitting something and watching a premade animated reaction to it.

If you want to discuss ideas for the game over AIM or MSN, you can add me to either one of them. My MSN is Iwhaiwnfi@hotmail.com, my AIM should be in my profile. I'd love to help with the design and concepts of the game.

"What would you want to do with a ragdoll?"

Whatever it took to get a Klondike Bar.

IZ DED
    Ok.

For the dance one, press arrows to land combos, moving your guy. Combos can produce funny moves, and special moves, and characters.
    For the battle, you move arrows to land hits on foes *similar to yoyr other one* but you also have weapons, characters, power ups, and special moves/abilities.

For the sports, a bunch of games made off of other real sports.
    A base ball one, where you have to move the limbs to run, or to hit the ball.
    A soccer one, where you kick by clicking the legs, and move.
    A hockey one, where you can click to swing stick and fly a puck around.
    Steal, where you try keeping the ball for a certain amount of time *like steal ball*

And all with power ups.

gdaug#1
    if chucky was real i would give it to him

Exilements Idea was way better than mine......
    My idea was to get differnt characte to kill it, like comic book characters to tigers and pandas....

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information