StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Horribly Violent Ragdoll Killing Game in Progress

masterspy4
    I would like something experimantal, like differnet elements and items with diferent combinations that do different things to the ragdoll, also different environments that may change hte combinations into something wierd or cool, thats what i would like to do, and and keep updating the game to make it more interesting.

edit:woot first post on second page

Quote Originally Posted by black_parade View Post
    I have LOADS of ideas for this xD.

- A cage witch can trap stickmen until you decide to kill them either by using another trap on the cage to kill the thing inside it or squashing it under a huge weight.

- When somone walks onto a pad on the floor like lasers burst out and slice them gruesomely in half xD.

- Supersonic wave projecters witch make there heads explode randomly blood spurting everywhere.

- Mind control on the stickmen to kill eachother xD.

- Gravity powerups, Other addons.
    Wow, you didn't even read what the game was about, did you?

This isn't a "LOL RANDOM WEAPONS KILL BLOOD GORE CRUSH DEATH" game. It's an actual thinking game.

@General zim, I know gravity is going to play a major part in this. I thought it'd be kind of redundant to mention it, but thanks.

I'm also thinking the easiest way to pull this off would be to have a grid system, so there's some kind of uniformity to the structures.

I might draw it later but what I'm thinking the inteface would look like is just a big white empty space.. nothing fancy. on the top would be a bar with the damage done to the ragdoll and any other specs you want to throw in there. On the bottom would be a menu of items you can use. Structural, weights, miscellaneous, etc.

wishfish42
    I have an idea. Well in Interactive Buddy, you can put gernades and stuff in with him. So why not be able to have gernades and bombs in this? Lol, bombs on pullys, bombs on support beams, that would be awesome.

black_parade
    Yes a thinking game can involve cages. I know the phsycic and mindcontrol thing was out of hand.

And gravity powerups and add ons can be helpful.

thechat
    seems like a good idea but whoever was talking about gravity and terminal velocity...wow heavyer objects don't reach terminal velocity faster it actualy takes longer terminal velocity is when gravity and air resistance are even and the object stops accelerateing a wider object would reach it faster because air resist would be acting on a bigger area increasing it's force and gravity has a force of 9.8N so it forces things down at 9.8m/s/s or meters per second squared so if you fell for 1 sec u'd be falling at 9.8 meters per second 2 seconds and u'd be falling at 19.6 meters per second and if you fell for 3 seconds u'd be falling at... lets see,19.6+9.8=...29.4 meters per second

and if you didn't understand that i'm just saying he was wrong and it's realy complicated and i like to brag that i got a 97.7% on my semester test in science :Happy:

Quote Originally Posted by thechat View Post
    seems like a good idea but whoever was talking about gravity and terminal velocity...wow heavyer objects don't reach terminal velocity faster it actualy takes longer terminal velocity is when gravity and air resistance are even and the object stops accelerateing a wider object would reach it faster because air resist would be acting on a bigger area increasing it's force and gravity has a force of 9.8N so it forces things down at 9.8m/s/s or meters per second squared so if you fell for 1 sec u'd be falling at 9.8 meters per second 2 seconds and u'd be falling at 19.6 meters per second and if you fell for 3 seconds u'd be falling at... lets see,19.6+9.8=...29.4 meters per second

and if you didn't understand that i'm just saying he was wrong and it's realy complicated and i like to brag that i got a 97.7% on my semester test in science :Happy:
    I dont know you but i hate you

Quote Originally Posted by thechat View Post

Yeah, exactly the reason why both size and mass are editable. Heavier objects would still fall faster, I doubt the work screen is going to be large enough to allow for terminal velocity.

Which is also why we'll probably disregard larger objects accellerating slower.

And stop bragging, you sound like you barely know what you're talking about as well.

Whoops, did I hear someone say copypasta + retypea?

Anywho, I think you should add some more common weapons that you can attach to things, like a club, or a sword, or a knife, etc. I'm also just wondering if it would be possible to add the ability to slice certain parts up, like, for example, slice the head clean in half, that would be rather... sweet.

Anyway, on the side, if you need music, I've just discovered that I have a talent for music making, so, if you need anything, PM me details k.

And this is not a global offer, this is just directed at Axcho.

Okay, this whole argument with thechat and others needs to stop. I don't care who's right, it's irrelevant, it's wasting space in this thread, and it's creating a hostile atmosphere. No more posts about it please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawz View Post
    Anyway, on the side, if you need music, I've just discovered that I have a talent for music making, so, if you need anything, PM me details k.
    Thank you for the generous offer! Maybe you could make the music for this game. Anyway, I'll let you know if anything comes up.

So I might as well post some of the things I've been thinking about. Here are some questions to help structure our ideas:

What kinds of building parts will there be?
    structural beams, blocks, hinges, weights, levers, switches, ropes, pulleys, conveyor belts, balls, springs, spikes, blades, hooks, bombs, gravity wells, magnets, motors, rockets, etc.
    Might look at Armadillo Run or Blueprint for ideas.

What ways could a ragdoll be injured?
    slicing, piercing, crushing, stretching, poison, suffocation, exploding, melting, burning, etc.

How would points be determined?
    Maybe there are jewels inside each ragdoll, like at chakra points or something, and they are each worth varying amounts of points if you manage to extract them.

How would ragdolls appear?
    Maybe they walk in like Lemmings from a portal.
    Maybe they just appear at a spot on the screen. There could be a mode where it starts off with one ragdoll at one spot, and you build a contraption to kill that one (within a time limit?). Once you do that, it pauses again and another ragdoll is added at a random spot, and you expand your building to kill it as well, and so on until there are too many ragdolls to deal with.

There are lots of other questions to address as well, so feel free to come up with more questions and especially, more answers. Physical properties? Game modes? User interface? Ideas!

And I've come up with a brilliant name for this game. We'll call it... Dejeweled.

Of course this name is still up for debate, but I think it's pretty clever. You've all heard of the exceedingly popular game Bejeweled? Originally it was called Diamond Mine, and then when Microsoft was going to publish it, they came up with a bunch of alternative names and Bejeweled, as weird as it sounds, ended up being the best. So I thought we could sort of piggyback on that success.

How about (relating to what jawz said..) When you slice the sticks up...make different positions and angles for the movie clip thats continuously squirting out blood. For each body sec. is a different rate or something like that.. And make the stick figure customizationable....

1. stick cutumize system
    2. name your victim before torturing it
    3. at the end you get a score on how much you tortured him and gets submited to a highscore table
    4. have background changes/enviroments (i'd like preferably one of them to be in hell)
    5. If not too much of a trouble possibly even hair

Weapons

1. sword
    2. axe
    3. bowling balls
    4. flamethrower
    5. missles
    6. razerblades

HEY!!! You know what!? I got a genius idea!! Never been done before! When ever a certain body part is decapitaed/taken away from. Let it stay on the screen still and be able to be thrown at the stick and/or beaten with his disembered limbs! Hahaha!!

Thread Information