StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Archer Spartan V.S. Flier Spartan

That annoying little * Wyrmspawn's Avatar

Archer Spartan V.S. Flier Spartan

I just had a match with a guy who used the archidonis-spearton combo. To counter that, I used the allbowtross-spearton combo, and I won. However, the battle itself wasn't very conclusive; I only won because he didn't know how much he had damaged me and allowed me to regroup and heal when he should have pressed the attack. Also, he didn't try to use archers to target my allbowtross, allowing them to slaughter his spearton completely. So, this isn't a very conclusive battle.

http://www.stickempires.com/play?rep...3&version=1.66

That said, which one do you guys prefer? As far as I know, the archidon-spearton combo seems faster, but the allbowtross-spearton combo can dish out a more damage. So, which one do you vote for?
    Last edited by Wyrmspawn; 07-11-2013 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Added link to battle

Well lets take a look here, archidon-spearton combo equals greater protection for those ranged units and quicker set up where as the albowtross-spearton combo dishes out a shit ton of damage and the albowtross are safe from units such as the shadowrath, not to mention they are armored and have more health. I'd say albowtross-spearton combo is better.
    wRHG BOSS FIGHT: http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...RHG-BOSS-FIGHT
    Cyber virus, the ghost: http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...The-Ghost-quot

One day... Victory will be mine in the writers lounge..... One day...

No Game No Life ShadowGeneralChaos's Avatar
    i prefer Albow-spearton combo, cause i love flying things :P And dont forget that magikill instakill tons of archers with only one blow, when he/she use it correct
    "Before you succeed you must fail."

I perfer archer+spear because they can dodge magikill attacks, and is cheaper. In chaos, I perfer eclipsor+jugg rather than dead+jugg.

Quote Originally Posted by fhtrg View Post
    I perfer archer+spear because they can dodge magikill attacks, and is cheaper. In chaos, I perfer eclipsor+jugg rather than dead+jugg.
    Albas can dodge spells too you know.

There are many benefits too Albas. For one, they can beat archer 2v1. Second, only ranged can hit them. Third they can fly over units. Now, a Spearton + Alba combo is good, when you put them to good use. Against spear archer, move Albas over those speartons, while your own spears attack the Speartons. Your Albas targets his archers, and annihilate them. Or if they want to protects his archers, he will either retreat his archers or have speartons block them. If they retreat, have Albas target speartons. If they use spears to protect, use spears to attack his archers.
    Spoiler for kankanmikan:

good luck getting an albow out faster than I can get units to harrass you.

Idiot
    Albow + Spear defeats Archer + Spear straight up, as the Spears can rush the Archers and take them out of the battle, while the other player can't do that with Spears against Albows.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytt View Post
    good luck getting an albow out faster than I can get units to harrass you.
    Which is why Archer + Spear is usually actually better.
    Dixon Ticonderoga pencils

tell me whats better, albow spear, archer spear, shadow albow, shadow archer?

Quote Originally Posted by Cha05Walking View Post
    tell me whats better, albow spear, archer spear, shadow albow, shadow archer?
    Shadows trying to protect any ranged unit will fail, since they have low health compared to speartons.

This is how I got my rating, with my awesomeness. Insert Guile's Theme.

Also, clan-less Stick Empires player. Yolo right?

Quote Originally Posted by FailingAtFailing View Post
    Shadows trying to protect any ranged unit will fail, since they have low health compared to speartons.
    yes, but please consider their power and speed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information