StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to be a Good Clan Leader

Balance v.s Knight represent.

On a more serious note, make sure you understand what expectations those around you have (as long as they aren't too ridiculous) and try to fulfill them. That's at least my number one.
    Strife

Its easier to start a clan when you start a clan with more than just yourself. Not only does it make planning easier (assuming that you two worked out things beforehand), but it shows that you guys are passionate and know what you're doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    One of these days I'm going to punch you right in the throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikx232 View Post
    I think you should sticky this not only there but also in the wRHG Clan Thread as well. I think this is very important to instill this piece of wisdom in those who want to lead.
    Writing being a practical skill, I doubt it is necessary. This is my advice for the wRHG section: Don't be a Triss.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Its easier to start a clan when you start a clan with more than just yourself. Not only does it make planning easier (assuming that you two worked out things beforehand), but it shows that you guys are passionate and know what you're doing.
    Exactly. I believe I wasn't specific on how to "cultivate" your culture. A Clan as a body should be secondary to what you wish to achieve, never a starting spot or a launch pad for ventures you can only dream of achieving. stone was already a keen animator prior to making RHGs. Jeehoon and Rhythm were already battling with anims and were buddies prior to making Knight. Camila had been moving up in the world as an FX master during the time she reinvented Nemesis, as well as being generally sociable amongst the crowd for well, being a girl :I. Point is, don't have "BE ACTIVE" as a mantra or rule even for your serious clan. People should already have been following you closely even before you make your thread in order to ensure cohesiveness between members.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecha-Hewitt View Post
    Because such threads have already been made in the past. Each time with the same conclusions:

a) Some people wanna make clans for fun. Don't stifle their "creativity"

b) Limiting Clan numbers and creating standards, invite elitism. Don't do it.

c) Our clan is pretty active. Wot wot.
    No way kids love that shit.
    Last edited by Upps; 09-03-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Upps View Post
    No way kids love that shit.
    Which is why the person who made the system and the people who stuck around and grew up on it, weren't kids.
    Last edited by Hewitt; 09-04-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Which is why the person who made the system and the people who stuck around and grew up on it, weren't kids.
    This post is the most accurate post I have ever read.

I started a clan back in the day called Revelation. We were actually very active and got a lot of stuff done such as a collaboration (well, i still havent finished the credits due to my constant traveling, so i havent released it yet...) and weeklies and hell, me and my co-leader pox hosted a competition for a while. The only reason it died was because I was forced to kick inactive and disloyal members, until finally it was just Pox and I. I simply didnt have the time to update all the art and the website all the time so we decided t let the clan go. But it did last a good 6-7 months, and frankly, it was fun.

Our goal wasnt to dazzle everyone with our skill, it was to improve and bounce feedback off each other. And (at least pox and I) did just that. I am on a much higher animation level now than when I started Revelation, and I am thankful to the team I had to help me achieve that. I also know I have much to learn and accomplish so I keep practicing and looking for ways to improve.

So here is how I think a good clan is led.

1) Decide what you want. Like, is your goal to collaborate? Improve? Just circle jerk with 6 other guys in a thread? Figure out what the fuck the purpose is for your clan before starting one. Otherwise you will just waste time and people will not join a circle jerking team of lazy shits.

2) Be proactive. Take initiative and suggest things. Make art together, make little collaborations, or just go on skype/irc and chat while animating for all I care. Just try your best to be active and try to get SOMETHING done. Get to know your members and create more than just team mates, create friends.

3) FINISH YOUR SHIT. Do NOT give up on a failed collaboration or pass the fla. joint. Like Camila said, have perseverance and finish everything you start so that your clan has credibility and becomes known for finishing things. Someone isnt active enough to participate? Unless they have school, a job, and are taking care of 8 mexican children, two weeks to finish a part for a collaboration is more than enough time. Kick them if they fail to participate with out a legitimate reason.

4) Realize your limits. If you KNOW for a fact that you will not have the time to lead a clan, don't start one. If life suddenly gets busy when you thought you had time, pass your leadership to your co-leader or whoever else you see fit, and step down. Dont let down the other clan members that want to accomplish something because your life suddenly got busy.

These are just a few of my personal opinions of what a good leader should be like. Hewitt and Camila probably had better points than I did, but fuck them. Im cooler.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMR View Post
    Thanks for making me feel worthless!
    wRHG Page.
    Spoiler for quotarino's:

Fluidanims Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruel View Post
    These are just a few of my personal opinions of what a good leader should be like. Hewitt and Camila probably had better points than I did, but fuck them. Im cooler.
    Now i would have said your post was helpful, but that.
    Still your post was helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Lagant View Post
    Now i would have said your post was helpful, but that.
    Still your post was helpful
    What? I was acknowledging the fact that they may have had better points than I did, all while keeping my superiority. I see no problem with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMR View Post
    Thanks for making me feel worthless!
    wRHG Page.
    Spoiler for quotarino's:

What I'm seeing today is RHG bands.
    Last edited by Hewitt; 09-04-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruel View Post
    What? I was acknowledging the fact that they may have had better points than I did, all while keeping my superiority. I see no problem with this.
    My advice was aimed at people who wanted a serious reign. You amde a noob clan that got lucky and learned from the exp. Of course it failed: it was inevitable. But that doesn't mean you learned shit.

What I'm seeing today is RHG bands.

Someome make this pls. RHG Musicians and the Clan is a band and they make collab music videos.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information