StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum / Site Changes!

Forum / Site Changes!

So in these last few days you've seen stickpage go through quite the change. We decided to go ahead and upgrade the forum to the latest version released by vBulletin (v5.) However, after integration, we found there to be many complaints and constant random bugs. Overall, it was decided to revert the forum back at least until we have a more stable v5 from vBulletin. So for the time being its back to the old school forum you all know and love.

As for our competitions, we are still working in getting you Best Sequence Execution and Dual Death Course 3. It will be worth the wait! The team has had a bit of a hiccup with the forums in disarray but I'm sure we'll all be back on track and soon you'll be able to enter on in. Fresh up your skills and be ready to challenge yourself for our next big event and cash prizes!
    Last edited by stone; 10-09-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Click Adventure game with over 30 mins of animation coming soon to your mobile device!

Yeah...thats better
    I really needed to access the sound effects topic yesterday but couldnt @_@

What about the hacking, were you able to fix the security exploit without updating vBulletin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nish View Post
    Imagine how I felt after 9/11. I never heard back from 4 of my muslim friends.

Yeah we hopefully should be fine for now.

Click Adventure game with over 30 mins of animation coming soon to your mobile device!

I am shrouded in mystery. MrAnything's Avatar
    Awww yisss!!!

in the future, if the forum needs to be reset, upgraded or otherwise messed with in a way that's going to delete recent user activity, can you make an announcement ahead of time and give us a chance to save any posts/threads we don't want to lose? I understand if the site's security is compromised, but if it's nothing urgent it seems like common courtesy to say "hey, if anyone put time and effort into anything around here in the last 6 days, you have 24 hours to save it" or something.

just a suggestion.

Thank goodness it was back to this. Things were so slow on the new design.

Quote Originally Posted by Exilement View Post
    in the future, if the forum needs to be reset, upgraded or otherwise messed with in a way that's going to delete recent user activity, can you make an announcement ahead of time and give us a chance to save any posts/threads we don't want to lose? I understand if the site's security is compromised, but if it's nothing urgent it seems like common courtesy to say "hey, if anyone put time and effort into anything around here in the last 6 days, you have 24 hours to save it" or something.

just a suggestion.
    I agree, because now I just lost a writing I had put on here. I had it saved too, but somehow it got overwritten by something else so I'm fairly upset now. So exilement's suggestion is a good one, granted it's not a major emergency where you would have to immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Exilement View Post

just a suggestion.
    Yeah, I wasn't in control of that unfortunately and it came to news to me as well. Initially it wasn't anyone's choice as the forums were hacked. I'm afraid the only way he could get it back was to take it back a bit. Aside from the revert I wasn't aware of that either :/

I try to keep you guys as informed as much as I can!

Banned
    I missed the like though
    Try putting that here in the old school lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information