StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: RHG Characters Section Rules (As of 4/16/2015) | RHG DEMO RULES IN LATEST POST

RHG Characters Section Rules (As of 4/16/2015) | RHG DEMO RULES IN LATEST POST

Just wanna lay some ground rules here as I seem to observe these offenses repeat endlessly:

HELP! I Made a Thread and I can't see My RHG Page!
    Calm down. Your page is actually there, you just don't have enough posts and our automated forum system thinks you're a bot for posting links. Simply get your post count up a little before you start making an RHG Thread or if you already have it should appear soon. This is why it is very important to always introduce yourself first and get to know the forums a bit before you go straight ahead to make your RHG.

Please note that any attempts to spam posts just to quickly bypass this obstacle will be infracted appropriately. The System needs you to post, but post responsibly.

On Making RHG Threads

• Do not make multiple RHG Threads for any reason.
    • If you are starting your own RHG Thread, make sure to ask a Mod to bin/delete your old thread for you.
    • Clarification: By asking Mods, we mean literally ASK them. PM them or REPORT your RHG Thread. Renaming your own thread does nothing because Mods are not psychic and cannot see every "Bin Me" thread out there.
    • Do not make an incomplete RHG for any reason. It will be locked.
    • Do not make new RHG Threads to circumvent your lock. PM the mod that locked your thread with the changes that they request. It's your own fault that you impatiently chose to make an incomplete RHG to begin with.
    • Do not make threads asking how to make an RHG. We have an entire section for that.
    • Do not make sexually, racially, blatantly offensive RHG Characters. This will net you an instant permaban and the permanent deletion of your RHG Thread.
    • Do not make OP (Overpowered) Characters. Don't know if your character is OP? Getting flak for allegedly being OP? Read on.
    • Do not make dishonest and "placeholder" RHG Demos. They will also be locked from now on. Don't know what I'm talking about? READ HERE

On Posting in RHG Threads
    • Do not tell a user off if you spot an incomplete RHG Thread. Report the offense instead. For more information on Reporting, please refer to the actual rules thread, telling a user of yourself is Backseat Moderating.
    • Do not bump an RHG Thread that is more than a week old. If you wish to challenge someone, just PM them instead.
    • Do not bump your own thread for attention. You can only bump your own thread if you have made significant changes to it.
    • Make sure to respect the owner of the RHG thread. If he/she doesn't want visitors, then stop posting in their thread. Conversely, you don't have to be an asshole jerk if you tell people to leave.
    • Your RHG thread is not your own little chat thread. Your RHG thread is for discussion of your RHG only. We have VMs, groups, Messengers (MSN, Skype etc...), and IRC. Let's keep it that way.

Helping People With Their RHGs
    As obvious as it sounds, if you are going to try and help a member out, be HELPFUL.

Here is how to NOT be Helpful:
    • Degrading a member and his RHG for little to none or shallow reasons
    • Only pointing out flaws with no advice on fixing them
    • Rehashing advice other people have already given.
    • Saying whether or not something is OP.
    • Saying that the character is a rip-off or a clone of another character or a fictional character from a certain media.

And here is how to BE Helpful:
    • Kindly pointing out issues and telling the person how to fix them without attempting to embarrass, upset or belittle that user.
    • Actually promising to help if you declare to instead of saying you will help and never do it.
    • Offering advice outside of one thread (private messages, messengers and IRC are the best ways to do this)
    • Reserving all preferences and subjective perceptions you may have about the character in question. This includes whether or not the character is a rip-off of whatever anime/videogame something is, whether or not something is OP, and whether or not people will most likely challenge the character. These are all up to the creator.

We are sick and tired of seeing useless elitist jackasses posting unnecessary "help" under every new clan or beginner who doesn't know everything 100% to the point where those beginners believe them and ask us to tear their clans down because they don't meet a certain someone's standards.

Originality and Creativity: What's It REALLY About
    Remember the capabilities of your character is vast and up to you. This means you do not have to be some pioneer of creativity. We love to see fresh ideas being learned and attempted, we have nothing against a simple character we have already seen before, as it is not our job to tell you off for being in the safe-zone. It's the execution of the concept is what can make you unique. In relevance to this rule, we do not want to see members bitching and moaning about how somebody is using an idea that has been done before. You have the right to be suggestive and share your ideas for other people, you have no right to be a complete dick about it.

SuperMegaUltraWhatever: Being OP The Proper Way
    Many noobs who wish to make "The Perfect RHG" will often cite Bender as an excuse to justify their own OP-ness; that of an unstoppable, unkillable, omnipotent fighting machine that has TONS of unfair abilities and nonsensical weaknesses.

Okay fine, so let's talk about Bender.

Two things are immediately apparent:
    • Her weakness is justifiably AS POTENT AS HER STRENGTH.
    • Because of her power's implied randomness, there is a clear 50% chance that you can beat her.

If you are planning to make a 'balanced' RHG without getting the flak for it then it's pretty easy. Don't be afraid to think of the worst thing ever (blowing yourself up like a nuke when you die and reforming like a phoenix) as long as there is a counterpart weakness of equal potency to back it up (reforming takes 30 seconds, and you feel really tired when you reform). This assures that on any given day, your RHG can be defeated without fail. Keep this in mind, for if you want to be a little more dangerous and different. And for god's sake, stop linking Bender into every "potentially OP" character. It's really starting to get annoying.

Backseat Moderating
    Backseat Moderating (or Minimodding, pick your favorite) is when a user flaunts around the forum acting like they have some superiority over everyone else, or acting like they are a moderator. This falls under:

"Bro! UR IMAGE IS TOO BIG FIX IT OR A MOD WILL LOCK IT!!!"

"Dude, this clan is terrible. You shouldn't have a clan until you're a good enough animator, this should be binned."

"oh and btw stop double posting or ill report you to the mods"

As pointed out by Jeff in the Official Rules, you can report an invalid thread or post with the report button under every post. () However, that's all we advice you to do when you spot a problem. Do not feel the need to try and sort the problem out all by yourself. The moderators are here for a reason, and leave problems you can't handle on your own to them.

Remember, when in doubt, always refer to the actual rules and regulations of this forum. Also, if you break these or any rules, remember that the fact you are unclear of what do is not an excuse. We have a perfectly clear Q&A to read and ask questions here.

The penalty for not following the rules above will be an infraction or two. Repeat offenses will get you banned.

Have fun with your battles! And if you have any clarifying questions, feel free to ask.
    Last edited by Hewitt; 04-19-2015 at 07:26 PM.

In your deepest fantasy. poppetje3D's Avatar
    But bumping my thread for an update [Like a new demo] is allowed? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by poppetje3D View Post
    But bumping my thread for an update [Like a new demo] is allowed? Right?
    I think that belongs to the #5's second sentence.

Finally Hewitt points it !!

Though the #7 makes it clearer for me.
    Last edited by Hitsu; 10-16-2013 at 02:31 AM. Reason: New rule has came.
    Spoiler for Sig:

The fact that I have to make a thread like this is bordering on the fact that nobody in the RHG section actually reads the rules when they first join. Anyways, I added a new rule (#4).

Please suggest/comment a rule if you know any common ones.

Banned
    Hmm...
    Btw I dont think a person needs a mod to delete its old rhg thread, you know they can simply delete it right?

Do not make an overpowered RHG?

Oh fudge I completely forgot you can delete threads now. I've appended the ruling on that.

Also, OP'd RHGs are under the consideration of getting locked and frankly are subjective.

Banned
    Oh yeah btw sorry for bumping.

Do not make any threads unrelated to rhg in the rhg section. More or less, these kind of threads:
    Asking how to make an rhg
    Pointless tournament threads with no prizes
    -other more, please specify-

so what if its like 7 days old and someone comments? can i reply?
    Spoiler for Shits.:

Quote Originally Posted by ButterScotch View Post
    so what if its like 7 days old and someone comments? can i reply?
    If it's your thread, then yes you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt View Post
    Also, OP'd RHGs are under the consideration of getting locked and frankly are subjective.
    I think there should be clear guidelines on what counts as overpowered. It's hard to just point and shout "OP!" when there's nothing to really abide by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    You'll never make it with an SP social career if you don't know who Charry is by now.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information