StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: RHG Characters Section Rules (As of 4/16/2015) | RHG DEMO RULES IN LATEST POST

You know the quality of RHGs have gone bad when its come to a point where they just dont bother making lazy demos anymore and just done bother altogether

So are you aloud to change your characters power if you didnt like it or do you have to make a TOTALLY new thread?

Quote Originally Posted by ssosmeify View Post
    So are you aloud to change your characters power if you didnt like it or do you have to make a TOTALLY new thread?
    You can change your abilities. Making a new thread with the same RHG but with different abilities is unnecessary, unless you're changing your RHG.

Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?

Spoiler for Miscellaneous:

Thanks! Cause i wanted to change my ability to something more creative -_^

So there's been a recent incident about an RHG Page disappearing. Calm down. Your thread is still there, but because your post count was so low, the automated system of the forum thought that you were a bot and selectively chose to exclude you post/thread. The solution is simply to keep posting until your post count reaches a certain number (20 I think) and your thread and any future thread you make should appear if it has links in them.

I've added this rule to the frontpage.

Also, just because you are required to increase your post count doesn't mean you can do it irresponsibly. If you are caught spamming posts just to be able to make an RHG Thread, you will be infracted appropriately.

Finally, if there are newbies who encounter this problem, please help them out by pointing them to this notice.
    Last edited by Hewitt; 12-18-2014 at 06:56 PM.

A question; Right now my own RHG believes and I want to raise it but as I do it, have I seen than varied the hacern and as I am able to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by carlota View Post
    A question; Right now my own RHG believes and I want to raise it but as I do it, have I seen than varied the hacern and as I am able to do it?
    It appears that english is not your first language. Is it Spanish by any chance? Perhaps you should rephrase and PM your question to Camila.

How many posts do we need before our rhg thread shows up?

New Rule:

-From this point onward it is no longer acceptable to just rename your thread to "Bin this" or post "Bin this" in your RHG thread and expect me to see it. Of course I will see it because I see everything, but it is inefficient and honestly, it's just quicker and easier for me and for you if you report your thread, that way I can get to it sooner rather than later.

-This rule applies to the clan section as well
    H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶ _! H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶_

H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶ _! H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶_

Note: Thanks to Drone for the links.

New Announcement and Appending of the RHG Creation Rules! It's come to our attention that there has been an influx of quickly-made Demos made of sucky failness. Sigh. You know, if you're not going to put much effort into your demo, then why bother making an RHG at all? We'll be going through these offenses and listing a few real-life examples on what we mean later but first, let's review what an RHG Demo is all about.

RHG Demo Principles

And RHG demo is for...

1) Showcasing your RHG - Somtimes words aren't enough. You can write a tl;dr about how your guy manipulates "dark energy" all you want, but in the end, pictures speak louder than words. Showing RHG powers in your demo not only gives everyone an even clearer idea of how it fights, but it churns any potential opponents' imaginations on how they could animate your RHG.

2) Showcasing your Skill Level - However awesome your RHG is, nobody in their right mind will challenge someone who can easily beat them or whom you can easily beat. An RHG Demo exists so that potential opponents can see for themselves if it is worth it challenging someone and dedicating weeks of your time to see if your skill matches up with the other guy.

3) Showcasing yourself as an Animator - An RHG demo is like their animator's passport into the world of RHG. Your identity. It doesn't only say how good you are, but what your capabilities are. CAN you really make your stick control the Elements while wielding a tonfa and 2 swords? If we don't see it, how can we know? How prudent or studious you are as a User/Animator to be able to make an RHG like this goes a long way.

For as long as you satisfy those 3 conditions, then your RHG Demo is the best that it can be. This is however not the case for some or most of you.

What RHG Demos are Unacceptable

Knowing the above principles, this is actually what is really happening:

1) A hastily done RHG Demo of crap quality that shows NOTHING about your character or ability.

This is a very common offense that's been happening alot lately. So you've decided you wanna make your RHG. But you also know that the mods immediately lock threads with no demos, and you're just so psyched to get started. What do you do? You quickly come up with a 'placeholder demo' just to skirt around the rule of not having one. You figure, "I have a demo now. It won't be locked." What can possibly go wrong?

Meet Joe: http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?91176-Joe
    Meet Joe's "Demo": http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ss-d8h76k9.gif

When Stickly (a really GOOD animator who isn't a noob) first made this character months ago, this^ was his only demo for a long long time. It shows ABSOLUTELY nothing about the RHG and what Stickly can do as an animator. He has intentionally misrepresented himself, his skill level, and his RHG just so he could quickly get one up and battle someone fast. And battle he did.

What happened? THIS HAPPENED. ZephAxix, a newbie who didn't know any better, got his ass kicked to supreme animation. The poll wasn't a battle for the ages but decidedly became a murderous landslide. But how could he have known if all he saw was Stickly's crappy and useless Demo?

Let's move on to our next offense:

2) A well-done demo but STILL shows nothing about the RHG's capabilities.

Meet Insomniac: http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...p-Available%29
    Meet Insomniac's Demo: http://b210.deviantart.com/art/Rebel...yout-362481272

B210 (also a damn good animator) revamped his RHG Page because he wanted to. So naturally a new demo was in order. He figures "Oh I'll just put a quick but awesome demo so I won't get locked." What is up with you guys and the fear of being locked. Being locked means that you're not gonna battle anyway...

The guy made his demo in March, 2015 with promises to make a "real" one soon. It is currently 1 month later (as of this writing) and what does he have to show for? Nothing of course. We don't know anything about what his RHG can do even though we know he's pretty good. So who is left to battle him? Noobs? No way. Vets? But he's STILL making his demo right? Supposedly.

At this point, it's almost as if he just decided to leave that old RHG Demo there just to show-off.

How to Make an Acceptable RHG Demo

So what makes an acceptable RHG Demo? Well, it has to:

a) Be done to the best of your ability...
    An anim that portrays your real skill level.

b) ...showing most or everything your RHG can do...
    An anim that shows every ability your RHG has.

c) ...as plainly stated in your RHG page.
    An anim that reflects whatever your RHG Profile shows.

And btw, there is nothing wrong with coming up with a looooong list of powers, as long as you responsibly animate every one of those powers.

This rant's purpose is two-fold: 1) To bring awareness on the misrepresentation of RHGs. and 2) To remind you all that unacceptable RHG Demos will be locked even though they have a demo already. This rule takes effect right now, as soon as this post was made.

Feel free to ask questions if you think you need clarification. I will be adding some expecting ones as well.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: I can't help it if my RHG has alot of powers. Why are you restricting us from our creativity?

A: How you make your powers is your choice. How you decide to represent them is your responsibility. Do you think opponents are more inclined to challenge you if you have an entire arsenal of backup plans to make the fight fair? What of every single asset they would need to include in their animations? By rule of thumb, this is why RHGs are simple in design, because animating them already takes awhile and by adding all these bells and whistles you are essentially signing your own RHGs death certificate.

=======================

Q: What about RHGs with very long stories?

A: There is no penalty for making an RHG too dramatic. Sometimes, people just like to RP and make stories that have no merit in battling. It's their choice, and offers no offense in part of having ridiculously short demos.

=======================

Q: Making a serious RHG Demo can take FOREVER. I want to battle NAO!

A: This is a really silly line of thinking. If you can't bust your balls to make a Good RHG Demo, then how can you bust your balls to make a Good RHG Battle? To say that you are making one quick, to battle quick is not only impetuous but selfish. You are only thinking about the comments your thread will be getting, but not thinking about how your opponent will want to pick you. Look at my Joe example above: Would Zeph had picked Stickly and taken him on if he knew Stickly was actually pretty decent?

=======================

Q: Not everybody fights for serious, you know. RHG is suppose to be FOR FUN! We don't care about skill levels when we fight for fun...

A: Have you ever considered that maybe, the guy who gave his all to battle you---that you have just wasted his time? Regardless of whether or not the battle was for fun, only one of you decided it wasn't worth the effort to make it good. By not giving a damn to make a proper and correct demo, you are flat-out LYING to your opponent on the pretext of "Having Fun". Having unbalanced skill levels is your business, but make sure your opponent knows who he's dealing with truthfully and honestly.

=======================

Q: I've been animating for ages. I'm pretty well-known to the people that matter to me. Why should I have to slave once again for a demo that everyone knows I'm already good at?

A: I'm sorry, but being a good animator does not excuse you from being a lazy fuck. The RHG has rules and you will respect them. You don't see the greats: hyun, stone, geo, etc. skimp out on their demonstrations just because they're famous. Get off your pedestal and animate with integrity.

=======================

Q: If demos should be based on Skill now and I'm just new, how will you actually know if I am a pro or not?

A: This rule was implemented to decrease attempts at misrepresentation. The fact that you would misrepresent yourself on purpose means that you are going against this just to piss the mods off. We will always check up on your other anims. We're not stupid. You just animate to the best that you are able, and we will not have any problems.

=======================

Q: Are we allowed to use tryout/finished fights/existing anims in place of making a demo for our RHG?

A: Yes. As long as it shows EVERYTHING about your RHG and follows the 3 rules above.

=======================

Q: Can we have an animation for each of our abilities as opposed to one huge animation for all of them?

A: Yes. But if you currently have abilities NOT in your demo, then it's suggested that you remove them from your Bio until a proper demo is made.
    Last edited by Hewitt; 04-17-2015 at 02:15 AM.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information