StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Clan War Ruleset.

Official Clan War Ruleset.

If we're going to do clan challenges and wars, we need to have an official format and system of rules to clearly determine how the games operate. They need to be fair and universal to all clans and players, so determining a winner doesn't come down to bickering between 2 players over what is and isn't legal. To start, I'll use the outline I have set up for within my own clan, and if there's any rules that need to be added or changed we should negotiate them here.

Official Clan War Ruleset

Basic Rules
    * 15 minute time limit per game (winner decided by tower/map control)
    * Starting empire must be decided before each game.
    * Pausing legal
    * Time between games in any set may not exceed 2 minutes.

Map Selection and Striking
    Neutral stage list: Forest, Ice World, Gates.

Banned map list: Castle and Grass Hills.

* First game from neutral stage list.
    * Dave's Stupid Rule: you cannot counterpick any map you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Game One
    First game is always held on a neutral stage. Striking is based on player with highest elo. That player strikes one map (can't be used for first game), the next player picks the map.

Game Two
    The winner of the first game strikes two maps, loser then picks the next map to play on. The winner of game one may change empire. Then loser of game one may change empire.

Game Three
    (if needed)
    Repeat the actions taken for the second game, replacing game one with game two.

Right now there are currently no banned maps. If you believe you are in support to banning a map for size, please say so. I understand castle is too small for much game play for both Chaos and Order, but would that also mean we'd remove GH? I'll let you guys decide. Halloween, Swamp Lands, and Desert are all the same size class (being small). I don't consider these stages fair in map size, they're as much of them as there are medium sized maps. So please speak your mind abou this. Clan leaders should play a larger role in discussion as this will affect wars for all of us.
    Last edited by WyzDM; 01-16-2014 at 04:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATETHISNAME View Post
    Christ. When even archy has more sense than half the people on these last three pages you know there's something gone wrong.

No Game No Life ShadowGeneralChaos's Avatar
    Nice WyzDM ^_^ just got few quetions:

1. When in a game the time exceed 15 min, is it a tie?
    2. Befor the match/game starts, must the persons tell which empire they will use? And if yes, when they have to say it, before map chosing or after it?
    3. If someone lagg out, does it count as a loss?
    "Before you succeed you must fail."

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGeneralChaos View Post
    1. When in a game the time exceed 15 min, is it a tie?
    I slipped, meant to give an answer to that. It would be tower/map control. This prevents stalling and gives us reasonable timed matches to keep things moving.

2. Before the match/game starts, must the persons tell which empire they will use? And if yes, when they have to say it, before map chosing or after it?
    Everyone will have a starting empire before anything begins. Meaning before the map is picked (even from the first game on the neutral list) both players know their opponents empire.

3. If someone lagg out, does it count as a loss?
    Without a doubt. There's a fair loss.
    Christ. When even archy has more sense than half the people on these last three pages you know there's something gone wrong.

atm I don't have problem with these rules but im thinking maybe instead of being called a war<< or battle they should be called skirmishes<<well what I mean to say each individual fight with one another would be call a skirmish then after the nine sets are done that would equal one battle<< after so many battle have been completed by one clan with another that would equal one war<<(I was thinking after 10 battles would equal one war<<) but also instead of always having to make official battle dates (but may prove difficult to keep track of) that when members meet each other from other clans in ranked in SE if they agree that there fight will go on record as a skirmish win they can be added up eventually as a battle<< if im not clear just let me know<<

To add to the map sizes a little bit, the order of the maps goes as: Castle, swamplands and Halloween being equal, Desert being slightly larger, Then Iceland Gates and forest being the same size, then grasshills.

Dislike the no pause rule. Its not like it actually really matters in a setting like this where all the games are friendlies and some things have to be accommodated.

I think that pause rule should be only a 30 second to a minute limit
    If you want to fight me.....
    360 chengisgood (usually play on this)
    529 Allisgood (mess around account)
    I mainly play Deathmatch so yea
    I also play LoL
    I'll be on sometimes....
    Hope i don't get stalked...

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytt View Post
    To add to the map sizes a little bit, the order of the maps goes as: Castle, swamplands and Halloween being equal, Desert being slightly larger, Then Iceland Gates and forest being the same size, then grasshills.
    Is desert slightly larger than swamp? Always thought they were same.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytt View Post
    Dislike the no pause rule. Its not like it actually really matters in a setting like this where all the games are friendlies and some things have to be accommodated.
    But this is for preps, where we have other players waiting and it needs to be official. Otherwise this can become a tactic used at different times to frustrate something. It must be implemented. For friends and outside, that's fine, but this is the competitive scene.

Quote Originally Posted by WyzDM View Post
    Is desert slightly larger than swamp? Always thought they were same.

But this is for preps, where we have other players waiting and it needs to be official. Otherwise this can become a tactic used at different times to frustrate something. It must be implemented. For friends and outside, that's fine, but this is the competitive scene.
    Yes, yes it is

How about the pause is allowed if the other player agrees to it, and if they do not then pausing would count as a forfeit. I doubt anyone in a clan would actually use it to frustrate other players, but if they do, then you could just shut them down by refusing to a pause.

Pauses should be allowed if agreed upon. I have no problem with waiting a sec for someone to do something.
    Spoiler for quotes:

Pauses should be allowed if agreed upon. I have no problem with waiting a sec for someone to do something.
    In any professional game bracket, they're not allowed and many times result in penalty. This follows the same manner. It's a real momentum killer in these serious brackets. Again, we're on a time agenda. Players need to be mindful to get things done fast. Maybe if both players agree, but how does that work in game? How long can someone pause the game before it can be constituted as stalling or afk? We'll have to find answers to those questions.
    Last edited by WyzDM; 12-05-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information