StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Handyman

The Handyman

Name: The creature is nameless. It changes from story to story. “Handyman” is just what I call him outside of stories.

Gender: N/A, though in casual humanoid form it may be referred to as a male.

Note: Handyman is not meant to be a normal gladiator. He is a plot device, a catalyst. He is made so that you can develop your own character. Through his physical strength he bottlenecks your character into a situation where they fight against themselves, not against him. You needn't even show him in your story.

Spoiler for Appearance:

Spoiler for Abilities:

Spoiler for Weaknesses:

Spoiler for About/Story:

Spoiler for Personality:

Spoiler for Mannerisms/Misc:

Spoiler for Demo:

Spoiler for Stats (Copied from RHG):

- Battles:

Vs. Malacal - Omega (win)
    Vs. Veir - Zalgo (win)
    Vs. Shock.wav - Penny (draw)

- Tournament Battles:

VoD R1 - Vs Nikx232 - Haku (Win)
    VoD R2 - Vs ErrorBlender - Bl.An.C (Win)
    (Unknown for Lobotomizer's tournament.)

wins/losses/draws/forfeits
    4/0/1/0

- Availability:

Yep. Contact me.

Spoiler for Theme song:

Spoiler for Art:

Make art for me pls thanks
    Last edited by RichardLongflop; 05-27-2017 at 07:54 AM.

Heh, not even going to lie, I was expecting to find some carpenter in this thread!

Very pleasantly surprised! The questions I had cleared up with the story and demo, and I wish you good luck with this character, deffidenly very interesting!

That annoying little * Wyrmspawn's Avatar
    Same as crank, but I sense a weird similarity to Internet meme Slender Man...

Some advice. On the forums, if you really want to make a new paragraph, use the enter key twice instead of just once. That makes your story layout much clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmspawn View Post
    Same as crank, but I sense a weird similarity to Internet meme Slender Man...

Some advice. On the forums, if you really want to make a new paragraph, use the enter key twice instead of just once. That makes your story layout much clearer.
    I had originally started each paragraph with a tab but it seems that they don't appear. Thanks.

Also, when this guy was made I didn't want him to be similar at Slenderman- hell, when I first made him up Slendy wasn't even in my mind. When I made the guy I wanted to make someone with big arms, and I decided to add a creepy face too. I ended up with this: http://i.imgur.com/o5WyS3O.png
    Then I added two more arms: http://i.imgur.com/CfwmBDz.png and I thought it was a bit creepy.
    Then I added more arms: http://i.imgur.com/5t7TM8T.png and I was sold on the guy.

When I decided to make this guy into an actual character, THEN I thought about Slenderman; to be more specific, how he could be less like Slenderman. He had to be tall so he sticks out like a sore thumb, and since he scares through paranoia then he shouldn't really appear to the victim until their last nightmare. Him appearing being the last nail in the coffin, as it were. Slenderman pops up everywhere and lets you know he's there, my guy does the opposite. I guess the whole spawning arms thing is similar to Slendy's tentacles, but I only realised afterwards. But Slendy isn't made up of tentacles, is he? My guy's entirely arms and fingers. I wanted to put a bit of body horror in here.

My two fave kinds of horror: Body horror and Fridge horror. I'm hoping to bring 'em both in with this guy. I don't deal with jumpscares. I don't deal with cheesy notes on trees. I don't deal with "mommy, look at that tall guy under that tree!"

So I actually tried to make him not seem too similar to Slenderman. But if you have to, you can just think of him as Slendy's loooong-distant cousin.

I really found this similar to Slenderman only under a different name and history. I want to see how you make this unique on the wRHG battleground

I like that a touch of horror entered the wRHG.

EDIT::

Read your above post.

I see how you've gotten to Handyman. In any case, I'd love to see him in action scaring the wRHGs or breaking their minds. Possibly against BirtDog's Dominic? xD
    Last edited by ErrorBlender; 12-15-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Spoiler for :

Quote Originally Posted by WafflesMgee View Post
    I had originally started each paragraph with a tab but it seems that they don't appear.
    There's an indent tag for you to use.

PHP Code:
    [indent][/indent
    v (not my thing but please read) v

Flash CS6 || R.I.P. Fileize - "I didn't get to steal from pros" || Works slowly due to IRL Problems
    RHG: 親愛な雨 - Shinnai na Ame
    Daydreams and Concepts (Last Major Update: 11/09/13)

Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    I see how you've gotten to Handyman. In any case, I'd love to see him in action scaring the wRHGs or breaking their minds. Possibly against BirtDog's Dominic? xD
    I'll have to look up his wRHG some time then!

Also, in my quest to make this guy creepy, I realised that "Handy" rhymed with "Candy". So yeah, his name's kinda inspired from Candyman. Perfect fit, right?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianTempest View Post
    There's an indent tag for you to use.

PHP Code:
    [indent][/indent
    So I'll have to edit the post more? Bah. I'll do it some other time, I'm too tired right now.

That Makes So Much Sense. Triss's Avatar
    Basically when I read your story, I realized it was a classical horror story. Similar to Azure, for a change. But damnit, you done pretty well doing the tone of the wRHG. I wish to continue reading more horrors from you.

Oh and I like waffles. c:

Spoiler for Dance-Off:

Ain't taller than me bro. BWAHAHAHAHHA
    Anyway good luck with this character and get some spooks on.

Changed my demo, updated powers/weaknesses. pls read my demo I wanna know what people think of it

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information