StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: enneagram + ancient chinese astrology = ???

enneagram + ancient chinese astrology = ???

okay so this is kind of random but

i've noticed the potential for a correlation between the enneagram personality typology and the nine star ki astrology system. what are these? don't even worry about that yet, i'll get to it soon. first, i must ask you to do something for me. for science!

i'd like people to take the enneagram test, then come back and post their result in this thread, along with their date of birth.

the 9 star ki system is something that i've gotten sidetracked with during my chinese medicine studies, and it's basically a system that categorizes you as one of nine types based on a combination of yin/yang and five element (fire, earth, metal, water, wood) theory through your birth date (which has something to do with the alignment of the cosmos or whatever). there are more intricacies to it that i'm not too well versed in, but as i've mentioned it's basically an ancient chinese astrology kind of deal.

the enneagram also has 9 types (more information about enneagram can be found quoted below from the last thread about it), so maybe you can see what i'm getting at here. i'm curious to see if it's possible, via the 9 star ki system, to establish a connection between date of birth and enneagram type.

i'll keep my theories to myself for now to avoid skewing the results, and if i notice any connections i'll bring it up once the thread starts slowing down. it's also completely possible that i won't find any link whatsoever, because there isn't one at all (or because you guys just aren't self aware enough to accurately answer the questions in the test, which is not something i don't see coming)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Absurdly accurate personality typology!

In the enneagram system, there are 9 personality types (as well as blends of types that are next to each other).

Take the "Classical enneagram test" here to find out which you are:
    http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test.php

My result was a type 9 with a 1 wing. This means that my personality type is type 9 (the Peacemaker), but I also take on traits from the type 1 (the Reformer) group.

Once you have your type, read about it on this website (which has significantly better and more detailed descriptions than the above website with the test):
    http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/de...p#.Ueeq8m03nn8

Not only does it give you a very accurate description of your personality, but also tells you which direction you should strive to move towards to further yourself (for me, I should move towards point 3; that is, I should aim to be more of an achiever, because laziness and refusal to act is my biggest downfall) towards perfection/enlightenment, and what direction you should avoid moving towards, to avoid stress, leading to depression and insanity (i should move away from point 6; that is, away from being too much of a loyalist - because I already put too much energy into trying to keep everyone happy).

Also given is "more depth by level", which describes changes in your personality according to how healthy your mental state is. More info on levels here: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/De...p#.Ueeub203nn8

They've thrown in some more specific suggestions for personal development for each type also: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/pe...p#.UeevUW03nn9

And for the spiritually inclined, they've also added the detail of describing what enlightenment will be for each personality type, and provides suggestions as to meditative techniques that would be ideal for each type. My technique is "self-remembering"... which happens to be the technique I had already settled on before I even found out about the enneagram. More info on that here: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/sp...p#.UeeuoG03nn8

Fascinating stuff, most accurate and detailed personality typology I've ever encountered.

9w1 - 14.5
    9w8 - 14.5
    So take your pick. Birthday: 10th of September 1992

Is the dd/mm/yy vs mm/dd/yy thing going to confusing?

Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    9w1 - 14.5
    9w8 - 14.5
    So take your pick. Birthday: 10th of September 1992

Is the dd/mm/yy vs mm/dd/yy thing going to confusing?
    good point on the date formats; the way you've done it (actually writing the month name) is probably the best way for people to avoid confusion there. and thanks for contributing. to science!

....Okaaaaay? 9w1 is the dominant one, with 9w8 chasing behind with 0.3 difference. Also, birthday is 6th of October in 1997.
    Last edited by Xate; 12-20-2013 at 11:08 AM.
    Just an average person

Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

April 9th 1991

7w8

August 28, 1994

It says I'm 9w1, but 5w4 is about 0.7 points behind it if that means anything.

That Makes So Much Sense. Triss's Avatar
    4w5 or 8w9
    Birthday: May 22th, 1997.

Spoiler for Dance-Off:

tl;dr is this anything like MBTI assessment tool?

EDIT: Not really, I find the MBTI to be more accurate
    Last edited by sss; 12-20-2013 at 10:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluvarth View Post
    Fuckin sss man, cant stand that guy.

Observer
    November 3, 1997

6w5 with 5w6 being a point behind. Why is this test so freaking accurate?
    Nothing in this forum is the same anymore.

"this site is descending into low quality shitposting" -Salt

Courtesy of Azure Kite, or whatever he's called now.

Banned
    Haha, oh wow, Scarecrow actually is a hippy
    That's hilarious

i bet ur vegan too lmao

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information