StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: enneagram + ancient chinese astrology = ???

Quote Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
    Scarecow would you not say that having an 'essential nature' is irrelevant.

Because your nature is going to depend on your life experiences/influences regardless of what you supposedly begun with. It's entirely situational.
    just to clarify something:
    when i talk about someone's nature i don't mean their personality, the two are fundamentally different in my eyes. i'm considering personality to be a single state of a person, and their nature to be a constant underlying it that covers the whole range of possibilities for their personality based on how healthy they are. and i consider health to be something directly influenced by environment and circumstance, including things like stress, emotions. that is to say that the health and emotional state of a person combine with the possibilities of their nature (as well as probably education or various indoctrinations also) to produce their personality.

does it make more sense to you that way? it's sometimes hard for me to articulate all these obscure connections i've made.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyohdon View Post
    I see our personality as a painting.

As a kid you're born with a blank canvas. The only things determined are the size and shape of the canvas.
    Then every single person or event leaves a brush stroke on your canvas, resulting in a painting over the years. Doesn't matter what canvas you were born as, you can always be a work of art.
    i thought of it that way for ages! as i mention above though, i now think it's more complicated than that.

i believe a healthy person is born as a pure expression of their nature. after this, through the factors i mentioned above, they become sculpted or at least impressioned in to something that isn't quite them but is acceptable to society. the search for enlightenment is basically a search for a return to the true nature, which requires a return to true mental and physical health, as well as the death of the ego. the difference is that now the pure person has knowledge, experience, and language, and is therefore able to have a profound influence on society.

Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    Personally I think "essential nature" is nonsense and any use of the word "energy" sets off alarm bells, but I'd be interested to see if the actual effects of your birthday had been noticed by astrology peoples.
    regarding 'energy', i use that as a vague term describing a variety of different types of qi. with an understanding of qi it actually makes a lot of sense that the stars and planets would influence you at birth, but i am not going to try and convince you about that. you can learn about that yourself if you're interested, but i can't be fucked debating it honestly.

Scarebro, I'm definitely One with a Two Wing. AKA this one was really creepy to read. Me spot on. STOP READING MY JOURNAL.

The One with a Two-Wing: "The Advocate"
    The traits of the One and those of the Two support each other in many ways. Both the One and the Two strive to comply with the dictates of the superego—to be "good" according to the lights of their internalized values. Ones want to be righteous and balanced, Twos want to be selfless and all-loving. On the other hand, Ones are rational and impersonal, while Twos are emotional and involved with people. Although One is the basic personality type, there is a noticeable degree of warmth as well as an interpersonal focus in people of this subtype, compensating for the One's emotional control. The Two-wing also makes them more fiery and action-oriented than Ones with a Nine-wing. Ones with a Two-wing want to roll up their sleeves and get involved, whereas the other subtype tends to have more of an "ivory tower" quality. Noteworthy examples of this subtype include Pope John Paul II, Mahatma Gandhi, Albert Schweitzer, Mario Cuomo, Bill Moyers, Tom Brokaw, Leslie Stahl, Jane Fonda, Vanessa Redgrave, Ralph Nader, John Bradshaw, Jerry Brown, Gene Siskel, Margaret Thatcher, Alistair Cooke, Joan Baez, Joan of Arc, Saint Thomas More, and Anita Bryant.

The Two-wing softens the One's tendency to be overly harsh and judgmental. To the extent that thoughtfulness and love of neighbor are among their ideals, Ones with a Two-wing will attempt to be caring and personal; they try to temper the rigor of their ideals so they can take the needs of individuals into consideration. Healthy people of this subtype mix tolerance with compassion, integrity with concern about others, objectivity with empathy. They can be generous, helpful, kind, and rather good-humored, markedly offsetting the One's more rigid demeanor. They are more willing to "get into the trenches" to bring about the changes they desire and are often found in many of the helping professions (such as teaching, ministry, and medicine), since their idealism is much more effective when it has an interpersonal focus.

Average people of this subtype are well-intentioned and seek to educate others, both from a feeling of idealistic obligation and a desire to exert a personal influence over them. They are convinced not only that they are right, but that they are well-meaning. They are frequently involved in idealistic public causes and reforms of one sort or another out of a sense of personal responsibility for the welfare of others. Average Ones want to control themselves, while average Twos want to control others: these motives reinforce each other, making it difficult for those around Ones with a Two-wing to break away from their influence. People of this subtype allow themselves clearly defined emotional outlets as a reaction to their self-control. Tendencies to perfectionism, a strict conscience, self-satisfaction with their own goodness, and self-importance are also possibilities here. They tend to be more vocal about their discontents than Ones with a Nine-wing, since other people, rather than abstractions, are the focus of their attention. They are prone to anger and resentment when others do not follow their "suggestions." But they tend to be thin-skinned, and do not like their ideals, their motives, or their lives to be questioned.

Unhealthy Ones with a Two-wing may be intolerant of and condescending to those who disagree with them. They may attempt to manipulate others emotionally, making them feel guilty for being less perfect than they should be. These people have a tendency toward self-deception about their own motives, and self-righteousness when their motives or actions are questioned. Like Ones with a Nine-wing, they are also prone to depression, but with the Two-wing, are more likely to act out sexually or with drugs or alcohol, in ways that are completely contrary to their expressed values. Self-deception and feelings of entitlement make their defenses particularly difficult to break. There is a tremendous amount of covert aggression in persons of this subtype, both from the repressed aggression of the One and the indirect aggression of the Two. Unhealthy Ones with a Two-wing may have physical problems (conversion reactions), compulsive habits, or nervous breakdowns as a result of the anxiety generated by their contradiction
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt View Post
    On a sidenote, Firefly would be that Lounge singer who drops by every Wednesday night to sing some bohemian tunes and chat up with the locals. Her popularity is only strengthened by the fact that she only appears once a week and is quite amiable to everyone who dares to knock on her dressing room door and cordially ask for an autograph.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cook View Post
    Firefly is right, and that's why she's more than a kind of somewhat pretty (if you're into that) face.

I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU NOw

@Zed I hadn't considered it from that way. Which makes it seem like birth dates would be part of the environment.
    Im skeptical about these things, but I'm not here to ruin your thread or anything. I am looking forward for the results. Of which I trust you'll publish as graphics displaying every interesting aspect for us to analyze and rejoice.
    d$os

Quote Originally Posted by Hidro View Post
    @Zed I hadn't considered it from that way. Which makes it seem like birth dates would be part of the environment.
    Im skeptical about these things, but I'm not here to ruin your thread or anything. I am looking forward for the results. Of which I trust you'll publish as graphics displaying every interesting aspect for us to analyze and rejoice.
    Oh, I already posted the "results", I largely scrapped the original idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post

the outer numbers are for 9 star ki, the inner numbers are for enneagram.

i'm quite sure i've got the correlations between types down, but i suspect the "personality type by birth year" in the 9 star ki system simply isn't very accurate, which is disappointing.
    What I ended up with was a way of using enneagram testing to help with identifying a constitutional type that is medically relevant in traditional chinese medicine. Doesn't work 100% when working from birth date to personality though, because that's basically a flawed system. This also isn't useful to anybody here except me, I'm guessing.

So I'm either Yang Earth or just Earth.

What could it mean for me, though?
    v (not my thing but please read) v

Flash CS6 || R.I.P. Fileize - "I didn't get to steal from pros" || Works slowly due to IRL Problems
    RHG: 親愛な雨 - Shinnai na Ame
    Daydreams and Concepts (Last Major Update: 11/09/13)

there's more detail with the further divisions of yin and yang types, but here's a general overview of TCM constitutions:
    http://aramakopyan.com/index.php/wel...r-constitution

you can also look up your type in the 9 star ki system (using the outer number), which will be a bit more specific (ie. taking yin/yang types and I Ching trigrams into account), but i haven't found any very reliable sites for that information.

Yes, it is possible to establish a connection, because the number 9 is a magic number, and almost everything in our life is connected with it. For example, I've seen matches that were related to the number 9. So, in 9 years I've matured mentally, and after 9 years I started to learn everything. And after 9 years I had a beautiful daughter, who was born on the ninth month of the year, as well as me. Now, I don't understand if this is a coincidence, but I did read even the article on the magical properties of the number 9 from this article https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-999-meaning/.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread Information