StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: BSE Version 5 Round 5: Carrier Carnage

BSE Version 5 Round 5: Carrier Carnage

Yep. It's that time of the year again! Time to bring back the combo competition that you guys love!
    --- It's time to get things kickin' up in here! ---

New Rules about posting

Spoiler for Rules:

For those who are unfamiliar of how BSE works...

What is B.S.E.?

It's a very simple yet fun idea, you will be given a sequence of moves and a ”special element” that must be performed in a combo. The combo is being performed by ONE stickfigure against another stickfigure. The special element can be anything from superpowers and special weapons, to different environments and music synchronization.

An example:

Combo: Punch, Punch, Kick, Kick, Kick."
    Or "Punch, Kick, Throw.

Special element: The combo must be performed inside a wind tunnel.

The combos will become more advanced the further on down the competition. The final round will always have the longest combo of them all.

How many rounds?

There will be 10 rounds, each one will last 2-4 weeks. No rounds will be shortened or lengthened, even if everyone finishes their animations early, or most people don’t finish on time.

Length?

There will be NO minimum length. However, obviously, length may act as a catalyst for getting more points, which will be distributed for actual animating skill.

Can I miss a round?

You are allowed to miss out rounds and you are allowed to join this competition in any round you want, although this will obviously affect your overall score.

I'm finished!

At the end of the 10 rounds a winner will be chosen from the highest overall score, and an award will be given to the highest scorer of every round. The top mark for each round will be 10, your end score will obviously then be out of 100.

Let's get into the action!

----------------------------

Combo!

Punch, Punch, Uppercut, Sweep Kick, Kick, Jab, Headbutt, Bone Breaker, Body Slam.

Jab
    A jab is essentially a quicker punch, one usually requiring lesser force than its counterpart and the arm committing to the attack snaps back immediately after it has been executed.

Sweep Kick
    Watch this video if you don't know what a sweep kick is

Special Element - The combo must be performed on a moving conveyor belt, treadmill, or any platform constantly traveling in any direction for the duration of the animation.

-----------------------------
    Due Date!
    March 26, 2014 - Eastern Standard Time. [UTC -5]

-----------------------------

-- Score Description --

Goal for this round: Be as creative as possible, let's see how creative each one of you are once again!

---------------------------------

Entries!

Entries Judge 1 Judge 2 Judge 3 Final Score
    Bavel13 5.5 7.0 4.5 5.6
    PivotBlimp 8.9 8.5 7.0 8.1
    Chewy 7.9 7.5 7.5 7.6
    EhMeD_Emer 7.0 6.0 4.0 5.6
    SJT15 7.8 8.0 4.0 6.6
    Foscex 8.9 8.5 8.0 8.4
    captain4dji 5.0 4.5 2.0 5.0
    pyrosamurai 7.7 9.0 6.0 7.5
    JanRavnik 8.3 8.0 8.0 8.0
    FL-Nordin 9.0 8.0 8.5 8.5
    ACBeam 7.6 7.5 7.5 7.5
    _SAVY_ 7.5 7.3 7.0 7.2

Congratulations to FL-Nordin for winning the first place! and congratulations to Foscex for get the second place (only 0.1 of difference, pretty close tbh)

---------------------------------

Last edited by Camila; 04-08-2014 at 02:12 PM.

deviantart
    ~ facebook ~ soundcloud
    #gavx or something

I had a weekly like this when I had a clan c:

EDIT:

Combo!

Punch, Punch, Uppercut, Sweep Kick, Kick, Jab, Headbutt, Bone Breaker, Body Slam.
    Bone breaker can be ANY hit as long it breaks a bone? or the headbutt must break the bone?
    Last edited by Kodoku; 02-27-2014 at 11:36 PM.
    Lotus holding tryouts! come and give it a shot! ↓

~ have you ever dreamed so high in the sky that you doubted your wings could reach those clouds? ~

The bone breaker can happen to absolutely any bone, as long as it's evident that certain bone has been broken.

deviantart
    ~ facebook ~ soundcloud
    #gavx or something

Quote Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post
    Bone breaker can be ANY hit as long it breaks a bone? or the headbutt must break the bone?
    Tsang-The bone breaker can happen to absolutely any bone, as long as it's evident that certain bone has been broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post
    <Tsang> (Kodoku) Oh, something that it's not moving but causes the sticks to move against their will, right?
    <Tsang> Bingo .
    What tsang said
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________

I'll reserve this post for all the questions asked, so people can go here before they ask any question. Just so we don't get the same question 500 times over.
    Last edited by devi; 02-28-2014 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by devi View Post
    Tsang-The bone breaker can happen to absolutely any bone, as long as it's evident that certain bone has been broken.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________

I'll reserve this post for all the questions asked, so people can go here before they ask any question. Just so we don't get the same question 500 times over.
    They usually do that on the thread xD

Tsang told me this on IRC:

<Tsang> (Kodoku) Oh, something that it's not moving but causes the sticks to move against their will, right?
    <Tsang> Bingo

So to avoid someone asking, it can be any kind of platform that make the sticks to move on any direction against their will.
    Lotus holding tryouts! come and give it a shot! ↓

~ have you ever dreamed so high in the sky that you doubted your wings could reach those clouds? ~

Oh waw this is going to be fun

RHG : Clan

Gomu Gomu No Rasengan!

it's really a hard element...
    THE Kaiser has returned

im sorry but is there ever going to be a different combo? like something with a sword or a special weapon?
    Last edited by Camila; 02-28-2014 at 08:33 AM.

Spoiler for Gif's:

how does this work again? Turquoise#2's Avatar
    Hey, pretty interesting (albeit easy looking)element! The combos are simple, but the elements keep surprising!

Quote Originally Posted by deadpool16 View Post
    deadpool best

I might try to make something for this since I really only draw on my laptop now

`~ "What is broken can be reforged" ~`

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information