StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: How to fix corrupted FLA files [Flash]

How to fix corrupted FLA files [Flash]

I searched the net when I had the problem and I found this helpful, just sharing.

1. Rename your file to a zip file (something.fla = something.zip)
    2. Open the archive then Tools > Repair Archive > Treat the Corrupt Archive as ZIP
    3. Rename the rebuilt ZIP file into FLA file (rebuilt_something.zip = rebuilt_something.fla)

Good as new, there might be some inconsistencies though. Enjoy your animation!

Additional Notes by Jeff:
    A couple of notes to make this tutorial better:

- This doesn't work on FLA files prior to (I believe) CS5. CS5 is when adobe changes the FLA file format to be based on zip.
    - The exact program you use to open zip files is not specified, nor is the OS you are using. On Windows alone there are at least 2 major programs that deal with archives (7Zip & WinRar), along with Window's own built in zip support. Please be more specific.
    Last edited by Fordz; 05-06-2014 at 04:18 AM.

Geez I wish this was put out sooner so I could've saved my fla . Thnx for the tut fordz.
    Spoiler for spoiler:

- This doesn't work on FLA files prior to (I believe) CS5. CS5 is when adobe changes the FLA file format to be based on zip.
    - The exact program you use to open zip files is not specified, nor is the OS you are using. On Windows alone there are at least 2 major programs that deal with archives (7Zip & WinRar), along with Window's own built in zip support. Please be more specific.

So uhm, is this actually classified as an "official" tutorial?

Thnx for the tut fordz.

Quote Originally Posted by Fordz View Post
    I searched the net when I had the problem and I found this helpful, just sharing.

1. Rename your file to a zip file (something.fla = something.zip)
    2. Open the archive then Tools > Repair Archive > Treat the Corrupt Archive as ZIP
    3. Rename the rebuilt ZIP file into FLA file (rebuilt_something.zip = rebuilt_something.fla)

Good as new, there might be some inconsistencies though. Enjoy your animation!

Additional Notes by Jeff:

This works in WinRar (with a .fla from cs5)

Thread Information