StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: practice G

Your stickfigure was rigid the entire time. Try to stand up and make a kick or a punch or whatever. You'll notice that you will bend your torso way more than your stickfigure did. Every action affects the entire body, even the torso.

The initial move was when your stick prepped himself for his shadowboxing. I see what you were trying to do, but you made it too exaggerated. Just make his body bounce up a bit without his feet leaving the floor.

You have to learn how to place double frames, because this lagged a lot in inappropriate areas. I think you were watching Hyun's tutorials, which is good, but you don't have to follow everything he says. You just gotta do what looks good, and if doubleframing isn't working then drop it.

You also have to try and work on your flow. Flow is the transition between each of your attacks. When you make a punch, the next attack should already be winding up. Try to plan three or four attacks ahead, and just imagine how it will pan out. When you made the guy make an uppercut, he should have already jumped to make his body spin instead of waiting for him to reach his jump's peak before the spin.

I can appreciate that you tried to avoid resizing, but the head just doesn't stay in one level, especially if you're walking. It bounces up and down, and when he bent down, his head should have lowered. You can also see his legs change sizes while and after he jumped.

Although you animated in 2D, it just looked too 2D. The feet were always looking either to the left or to the right. You should know that it can also face the camera (from where the viewer is watching), or away from it.

The trails looked tacky tbh lol.

I can say a little more, but honestly I don't think you should focus on every single bit. You don't even have to read all of what I said. From where you are at the moment, it's impossible for me to talk more in-depth without overwhelming you because honestly you need more time. Just keep practicing first, maybe make a few animations practicing on how to make your stickfigure sizes stay consistent first. When you're happy with it, you can practice your physics. Just keep making stuff and posting them for feedback, and you'll surely improve, but just know that it takes time and you won't be animating like Terkoiz or Hyun or Oxob overnight. Not even after a month. For some, it takes years. As long as you keep having fun while animating, I think you should do fine in the future.

Thread Information