StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Risk of Rain Tribute

how does this work again? Turquoise#2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Resh View Post
    Guys pls, The expectations are waaayy 2 high at this point lmao.
    You better not dissapoint. The rest of your animating career depends on this. No pressure.

Also, if you went into 'Scene Select', the part with the spinning sword thingy is titled as 'A.O.T', which i assume must mean 'Attack on Titan'

Quote Originally Posted by deadpool16 View Post
    deadpool best

Quote Originally Posted by Turquoise#2 View Post
    You better not dissapoint. The rest of your animating career depends on this. No pressure.

Also, if you went into 'Scene Select', the part with the spinning sword thingy is titled as 'A.O.T', which i assume must mean 'Attack on Titan'
    LOL that pressure
    also, YES the AOT stands for (attack on titan) its a little easter egg thingy i did for those maybe still wondering what anime it was from C:

With all due respect, more than a simple reference I see a straight "copy" here. And I truly think that it shouldn't be encouraged. I do believe that this animation without those references were 1 place worthy, but you can't animate a rip-off from an anime scene/intro like that, which is a forbidden act in animation matters.

Wanna watch this battle? Click HERE for MY part and HERE for GILDEDGUY'S part
    his part is amazing ♥
    Spoiler for stupid stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Camila View Post
    With all due respect, more than a simple reference I see a straight "copy" here. And I truly think that it shouldn't be encouraged. I do believe that this animation without those references were 1 place worthy, but you can't animate a rip-off from an anime scene/intro like that, which is a forbidden act in animation matters.
    hmmmm, but what you are also saying is that i cannot animate the stickpage intro (where the 2 stick run at eachother) into the animation? since that is a thing that have been done in GTL 1 - resistance fall of stick
    i kinda placed those 2 things in the same category, so if im not allowed to animate a aot scene, then im not allowd to animate the stickpage intro scene right?
    also its not that the aot scene is completly out of nowhere, since the lightsaber guy can spin and dash as a ability

I would like to hear a opinion on this from one of the judges especialy since there might be more GTL's / Competitions to come and to prevent confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by FL-Nordin View Post
    hmmmm, but what you are also saying is that i cannot animate the stickpage intro (where the 2 stick run at eachother) into the animation? since that is a thing that have been done in GTL 1 - resistance fall of stick
    i kinda placed those 2 things in the same category, so if im not allowed to animate a aot scene, then im not allowd to animate the stickpage intro scene right?
    also its not that the aot scene is completly out of nowhere, since the lightsaber guy can spin and dash as a ability

I would like to hear a opinion on this from one of the judges especialy since there might be more GTL's / Competitions to come and to prevent confusion.
    there's a whole thread about this issue man, come on over and let's get the flaming started
    H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶ _! H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶_

H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶ _! H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶_

Quote Originally Posted by FL-Nordin View Post

LoL FL-Nordin, million dollar copyrighted anime is far different from a simple free intro like the Stickpage intro you were talking about.

The Extra-Extraordinary Mustika's Avatar
    Had watched this for the first time BEFORE that thread about judging you were "rotoscoping" the AOT scene was posted 12 hours later...
    Well apart from the ongoing rant at "General Forum" section about this, I'm still mostly supporting you here. Even though you kind of ripped apart the "originality" specification a little bit imho, I still love the overalls and inevitably that AOT ending. Keep making good stuff, man. and sorry I couldn't watch your recent BSE entry atm, currently having slow internet connection x_x

DeviantART |RHG - Battle #1 done | osu!
    Spoiler for I got stamped as SP's Official Counter. Yay?:

Quote Originally Posted by Mustika View Post
    Had watched this for the first time BEFORE that thread about judging you were "rotoscoping" the AOT scene was posted 12 hours later...
    Well apart from the ongoing rant at "General Forum" section about this, I'm still mostly supporting you here. Even though you kind of ripped apart the "originality" specification a little bit imho, I still love the overalls and inevitably that AOT ending. Keep making good stuff, man. and sorry I couldn't watch your recent BSE entry atm, currently having slow internet connection x_x
    Thanks Mustika, I appreciate that.

Im a bit late to the party but shit, that was awesome

lol you sure you watched mine? jk, thanks Apple, the party kinda ended with a "BANG".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information